Fordmods Logo

High-tek headers.. People's opinions + why?? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

realy, everyone is gonna have a favourite. lets face it, any header manufacturer that wants to be here next year has done their testing. how hard can it be to try 5 or 6 different designs, find out which one is best, then start mass producing them? all reputable companies have done it, so stick with one of these and you cant go wrong.

the different 'my car is now faster than my mates because i put on brand x' stories are probably due to other factors.

having said that, im starting to get the impression jmm stuff is played up a little more than it should be...

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

fordriver1 wrote:
realy, everyone is gonna have a favourite. lets face it, any header manufacturer that wants to be here next year has done their testing. how hard can it be to try 5 or 6 different designs, find out which one is best, then start mass producing them? all reputable companies have done it, so stick with one of these and you cant go wrong.

the different 'my car is now faster than my mates because i put on brand x' stories are probably due to other factors.

having said that, im starting to get the impression jmm stuff is played up a little more than it should be...

After looking at the autospeed article where they put JMM extractors on an EF 5speed falcon, I noticed that the mock headers look very similar to the pacemaker 4499 standard headers except the secondary pipes are extended further under the car.

cheers.............

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Its good to hear everyones opinions and ideas though, there are points and tips here that I for one would have never considered, so I believe my knowledge base leaves this much the richer.

wildcat x21 for torque it is then. Before I rush out and get some in my everquest for more grunt, does anyone know of any NEGATIVE aspects of the wildcat x21 headers?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

It starts to straggle at high revs, but how long you intend to spend there?

The primaries are press bent. because of the design it doesn't loose much of its diameter compare to other makes. in my opinion, it aids gas velocity. my AU ute proved that with how torquey it was compare to PH4499 I had before... it pulls hard!!!
In two weeks my BA xr6 is getting the same treatment- wildcat & sport exhaust because I don't intend to drive at 4900rpm all day!

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

hey mate i have Hitech headers and there Hi flow cat on my Au and there very good the car is heaps more torquey threw the low and mid and the note of the exhaust is great nice deep.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
It starts to straggle at high revs, but how long you intend to spend there?

The primaries are press bent. because of the design it doesn't loose much of its diameter compare to other makes. in my opinion, it aids gas velocity. my AU ute proved that with how torquey it was compare to PH4499 I had before... it pulls hard!!!
In two weeks my BA xr6 is getting the same treatment- wildcat & sport exhaust because I don't intend to drive at 4900rpm all day!

awesome. I read up about the wildcats and almost lost interest when it said they were press bent. I dont intend on revving hard either. its gotta pull and pull hard.

dont the JMM headers have the smaller pipes for torque as well?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

take price into cosideration and JMM's are barely worth it ^^^

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

yer i had wildcats on my EA and i was very happy with them. Have paceys on the EL and they are ok.

too many rabbits in china

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3