Fordmods Logo

Hill runs with an AU1645 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Hill runs with an AU1645
Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

Hi all i have a Wade1645, im posting to say i love it...i was driving through the hills the other day and i can not believe how little throttle my car needs to move.
Its an EBII with the usual mods including J3 but its amazing how much power it has up hills, its as if she wants me to floor it to show off, as if its torque is unlimited. While sticking to the posted speed limit you can really feel how she wants to move faster like my throttle position is pissing it off.
Its even more amazing knowing that the car is not tuned properly, needs a service and some mantainence work.
Remember any one looking its a WADE1645, suits the hybrid (AU head) and AU engine.
FCUKING GREAT
++++PLUS 1 ++++
WADE CAMSHAFTS

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Post subject: Re: Hill runs with an AU1645
Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

Hey mate,

Is that auto or manual?

If manual did you go with 112 or 110 lobe separation?

cheers

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Auto bud

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

cheers

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

I have this cam too (standard 114 lobe separation), and dialed in it is the same if not better than the stock cam at all revs, although the difference is greater at 3000rpm+. It starts to fade out at about the 5700 rev limit (i've accidently hit it a few times :P). The only draw back is the hunting, but this is running on the stock EECV.

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Posted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Chip it watch it transform! Mine hunted and it stank J3;d it and it rocked

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:16 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Lookin for a EB or ED fairmont

SA, Australia

haha i heard u take off man, fukin sik car mate, wat exhuast r u runnin awith that j3, and au motor mods?

Car got Crushed
R.I.P EB Fairmont 05/06/2010

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Crazy6ltr wrote:
haha i heard u take off man, fukin sik car mate, wat exhuast r u runnin awith that j3, and au motor mods?

EB Falcon, AU engine, XR6 fuel regulator, 270cc Rochester injectors, DRIFT Filter 2+kw compared to K&N, WADE 1645 cam,Front Slotted rotors, MOMO steering wheel, Pacemaker 4499's, Hurricane HIFLOW cat convertor, 2.5 inch Exhaust (Glass Pack), legal low all round including short strokes, EL Thermo fan conversion, Drag trans cooler, oil catch can, 8mm Leads, J3 customed Tuned, and an Adjustible roar Shift Kit!
I think thats it???

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 VCT & AU2 XL

NSW, Australia

ford-racer46 wrote:
Crazy6ltr wrote:

EB Falcon, AU engine, XR6 fuel regulator, 270cc Rochester injectors, DRIFT Filter 2+kw compared to K&N, WADE 1645 cam,Front Slotted rotors, MOMO steering wheel, Pacemaker 4499's, Hurricane HIFLOW cat convertor, 2.5 inch Exhaust (Glass Pack), legal low all round including short strokes, EL Thermo fan conversion, Drag trans cooler, oil catch can, 8mm Leads, J3 customed Tuned, and an Adjustible roar Shift Kit!
I think thats it???
Loving the enthusiasm! I bought the same AU1645 cam today. Got the Crow vernier gear too. I went for 112LSA to make it a bit more punchy. Will be going into an AU2 XL manual ute. I will self tune with my sniper tuning software.

I have 3" mandrel exhaust, Pacemaker comp 4480 & 3" Zetti stainless cat & with stock inlet & snorkel i got 134.5rwkw/401Nm with 0.867 Lambda (12.7 AFR). Was 110rwkw/320Nm with no mods. Then 127.5rwkW/351Nm with exhaust mods untuned.

Since those 3 dyno runs, I've added a big-mouth snorkel from Ebay (IMO the stock snorkel kills it over 120rwkw) and i'll fit this cam sometime in the next 4weeks.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

phillyc wrote:
ford-racer46 wrote:
Crazy6ltr wrote:

I think thats it???
Loving the enthusiasm! I bought the same AU1645 cam today. Got the Crow vernier gear too. I went for 112LSA to make it a bit more punchy. Will be going into an AU2 XL manual ute. I will self tune with my sniper tuning software.

I have 3" mandrel exhaust, Pacemaker comp 4480 & 3" Zetti stainless cat & with stock inlet & snorkel i got 134.5rwkw/401Nm with 0.867 Lambda (12.7 AFR). Was 110rwkw/320Nm with no mods. Then 127.5rwkW/351Nm with exhaust mods untuned.

Since those 3 dyno runs, I've added a big-mouth snorkel from Ebay (IMO the stock snorkel kills it over 120rwkw) and i'll fit this cam sometime in the next 4weeks.

Love yours! How does the 3" compare to the 2.5" zorst

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 VCT & AU2 XL

NSW, Australia

ford-racer46 wrote:
phillyc wrote:

Suprisingly quiet. Being in a ute, Newcastle Mufflers fitted two huge resonators. It's a fair bit quieter than my AU VCT Auto sedan which also has 4480 pace extractors with 2.5" mandrel bent Redback exhaust but stock / original cat. Both are legal quiet. Used dB meter.

The VCT Auto is Sniper tuned by me too. It unfortunately has a standard, ie non-tickford snorkel as it was pinched during a service i believe a few years ago. That stupid shop-a-docket cost me... Anyway it has 135.4rwkw/422Nm.

On both cars dyno graphs starting to plateau at 120rwkW with that stock snorkel. I think both would nudge 140rwkw with that better snorkel. Buy the one from eBay for $45 plus $5 postage. It is EXACTLY the same as the Tickford that you used to be able to buy!

At this 140rwkw power level, i reckon 3" is worth maybe 5rwkW.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

phillyc wrote:
ford-racer46 wrote:
phillyc wrote:

Suprisingly quiet. Being in a ute, Newcastle Mufflers fitted two huge resonators. It's a fair bit quieter than my AU VCT Auto sedan which also has 4480 pace extractors with 2.5" mandrel bent Redback exhaust but stock / original cat. Both are legal quiet. Used dB meter.

The VCT Auto is Sniper tuned by me too. It unfortunately has a standard, ie non-tickford snorkel as it was pinched during a service i believe a few years ago. That stupid shop-a-docket cost me... Anyway it has 135.4rwkw/422Nm.

On both cars dyno graphs starting to plateau at 120rwkW with that stock snorkel. I think both would nudge 140rwkw with that better snorkel. Buy the one from eBay for $45 plus $5 postage. It is EXACTLY the same as the Tickford that you used to be able to buy!

At this 140rwkw power level, i reckon 3" is worth maybe 5rwkW.

I bought a BA XR6T snorkle which is massive and it only cost me $20 off eBay. I can fit my whole hand in it.

But the guy who had the car before me has made up an extra sealed snorkel that runs from down the bottom of the front bar to get lots-a cold air, so they would equal quite a large snorkel.

Posted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

phillyc wrote:
ford-racer46 wrote:
Crazy6ltr wrote:

I think thats it???

Hey mate,

How much did you make with the au1645?

do you have a dyno sheet?

Cheers

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:48 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 06 bf mkii xr6t

WA, Australia

hey guys can u run a au1645 with out vernier cam gear for awhile lol im looking at getting the cam and chip and vernier but might have to get them all at seperate times i was thinking leave the chip to last as could possible run with out it just dog like

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]