Fordmods Logo

Houston, we have a problem 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 97 TICKFORD XR6 Manaul

SA, Australia

this mite be a bit of stuiped question but didnt you check the car out before you brought it or was it to good to walk away
this mite have saved you a bit of money that you could have spend on a new model ford
but hopefully you gaet her back soon all fixed and runnig

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagon & EF fairmont wagon & M

VIC, Australia

aaarrggghhhhh
Fraud will charge you a packet and a half.
what's the loom got to do with running rough!!!!
I take it this is the series 2 injected motor then It will be a feedback problem. the oxy sensor will be stuffed for sure. you now have spark going so then fuel metering needs sorting QED

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

richard williams wrote:
aaarrggghhhhh
Fraud will charge you a packet and a half.
what's the loom got to do with running rough!!!!
I take it this is the series 2 injected motor then It will be a feedback problem. the oxy sensor will be stuffed for sure. you now have spark going so then fuel metering needs sorting QED

Not sure about loom but i thought if wrong wires were connected in loom (modified) this could change the resistance values to the ECU could it not?

Yes i have spark now and running reasonably well but still chuffin out heaps of black smoke so yes definately fuel metering problem of some description

Here's what's written on my ford invoice:

carried out self test, map sensor and set of test injectors same fuel pressure 220KPA ok, flow ok, removed rocker cover checked timing cam crank alignment and dizzy timing. Carry out pin out test off all sensors ok trace wiring harness found miss matched engine harness 3-4 speed harness. removed cat checked not blocked, checked engine compression all cylinders, advised need more diagnostic time suspect wiring fault

Think i might through some new sensors in next and see how that goes, also going to get new loom and fit right loom in there (can't hurt)

If anyone wants to shed some light on what they thinks wrong then please do so as i've just about had it :oops:

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the auto loom shouldn't affect the motor basic tune just changes the auto stepping?
I guess if there is the wrong sensor voltages to the ecu then It will run crap.
Get a series2 loom and try it out I suppose

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Jonathan Kakousidis wrote:
this mite have saved you a bit of money that you could have spend on a new model ford

This car is purely to get me to work and back that's it
I have a EF II XR6 with 19's etc that i park in garage at home as my old XR8 i had suffered couple little bashes whilst parked on premises at work and don't want this to happen to the XR6

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Thought i'd go buy an oxy sensor just incase it was this, installed it just now and still running like crap so obviously something else is faulty in there somewhere

Going to buy new harness today and fit it over next couple days and see if that solves it

Also thinking about buying all new sensors on motor and fit these whilst fitting new loom

Obviously the roadworthy on this vehicle was a complete DODGE, plus to add insult he only put 6 months reg on car and not 12 like he was supposed to, now i am EXTREMELY p****d at this guy and thinking of taking this matter further with transport department

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Bought new harness and couple other things today so will be fitting them tomorrow but i thought i would have injectors checked, cleaned and serviced, couple were faulty but now all good but still didn't fix running rough problem

Is it possible if fuel regulator is faulty it would stay shut and not let fuel return to the tank?
I was thinking if this was the case then fuel pressure built up in rail would be pushing more fuel into motor than the motor could burn, this sound logical?

Temperature was running on low end of guage since i bought it so pulled thermostat out today and she was jammed open so bought brand new one from ford and fitted this today, now temperature sits where it is supposed to so that's 1 more thing i can check off the dodgy list lol
(ironically genuine factory ford item was cheaper than aftermarket ones)

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

just out of curiosity did you check the car out or test drive it before you payed for it

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

She's finally fixed

I think problem was that the exhaust manifold had a crack in it and was allowing oxygen to get into manifold and leaning the oxygen sensor out, the rear manifold had i white powdery substance between number 5-6 runners
So to fix this i went out and bought a new set of pacemaker extractors and fitted these today, bewarned if you buy new set of headers that they will smoke when you first start them lol
I shut engine down and raced to engine bay thinking something had caught fire when i first started car lol, ended up being the paint that pacemaker puts on the headers was just burning off

I also replaced the whole engine loom as well as when i took it to ford they stated that it had mismatched 3-4 speed looms in there, well i think there full of it as there was only 1 wire difference in whole loom and it came from injector loom and attached to the main loom where the TFI connector is

I also sourced the computer from the donor car as well and this is what is running car now and doesn't blow one lil bit of smoke anymore :D

So tomorrow she's off down to exhaust centre to have new exhaust welded on and have new cat installed, one on the car has been punched out or something as there is no internals in there whatsoever :lol:

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well done.. Its has been a long road to find it but I think between all the things you have replaced you would have made little improvements every time until you now have a great car,

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

richard williams wrote:
well done.. Its has been a long road to find it but I think between all the things you have replaced you would have made little improvements every time until you now have a great car,

Thanks mate - Let's just hope she gives me few years of untroubled motoring now ey :lol:

Least now i can start concentrating on modifying my XR6 again, fitting kit and fitting ultra lows have been stepped back a bit now as need to get back to work and recoupe the bank balance :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2