Fordmods Logo

How do they do it?? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

i totaly agree with what 4.9 said,but i add every member has the right to ask questions and voice an opinion.
i is not your automatic right to critisize or put someone down for it.

most people on here has at one time asked or stated something totaly stupid.

get over yourselves and enjoy the site for what it is,a forum of like minded people.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

That must be in contention for the dumbest comment of the year. A forum is all about people that are not like minded so alternate ideas can be considered.

If everyone was like minded we would have a forum which someone asks a question and everyone says yeah, yeah yeah yeah, yeah. Who wants that??

Futura 4.9, you say that load equals fuel usage not gearing, why is it so that ford has cars with such long legs?? wouldnt they want the fuel economy and acceleration advantage. This is a serious question, what do we think?

Why is ford cheating us with the long legs? The ford would beat the commy in every which way if they shortened them up. Arnt they speed limited anyway so who needs the long legs??

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EB V8 wrote:

Futura 4.9, you say that load equals fuel usage not gearing, why is it so that ford has cars with such long legs?? wouldnt they want the fuel economy and acceleration advantage. This is a serious question, what do we think?

f**k i just about fell out of my chair!!! did you just manage to ask serious question? holl-ie-s**t

Last edited by tickford_6 on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:37 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Keep tailshaft speed down?
Also, the long gearing won't help economy off the line, but at cruise it will.
Anyone who goes to a shorter diff with the BTR knows it can affect cruising economy for the worse, but have a postive effect on around town economy!

But then you can't really second guess car manufacturers.
Alot of the things they do make no sense.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
I'm not sure what forum rule he has broken?

people have been banned befor with out breaking any posted rules.

are you sure there is nothing in the rules realating to someone being a complete nuisance to other members and taking up space with pethetic posts???????

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:

Why is ford cheating us with the long legs? The ford would beat the commy in every which way if they shortened them up. Arnt they speed limited anyway so who needs the long legs??

That's a fair question mate!

Maybe so you can hurtle along the freeway at 110 just off of idle in a falcon? I'm sure they had their reasons...

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:57 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:

are you sure there is nothing in the rules realating to someone being a complete nuisance to other members and taking up space with pethetic posts???????

You are reading the pathetic posts, how bout you address the issue instead of slander. I never slander other members on here, i just provide a different perspective to their questions. Never slander them or swear.

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

SA, Australia

i see EBV8 is attacking the econmy and gearing of the falcons because thats probably the only thing commies can have over the falcons. Have a look at some facts like safety. Wasnt the EF/L rated the best australian car for safety when it came out??? I know as a fact that the base EF has air bags and ABS. The stock commies of that time did not. Thats why i didnt want a commie. Also the fact of soooooo many interior fires due to s**t dome lamp designs. Many fules pumps pumping and pumping after someone has crashed. Pumping fule + Hot engine = Big car fire. If the person aint awake or cant get out they are screwed.

BTW when i say stock i mean the bottom of the line stock. EG the GLi and the Excutive.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EB V8 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:

You are reading the pathetic posts, how bout you address the issue instead of slander. I never slander other members on here, i just provide a different perspective to their questions. Never slander them or swear.

slander? i called you a nuisance, it's not slander if it's true.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Quote:
s**t dome lamp designs

alot of the older commodores use the same dome lights we do

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

yeh was gonna say the same thing, check out the part number inside the light, you'll find it has a gm and a ford number on it.

EB V8 wrote:
How does the Holden V6 make no torque and still outrun a i6 over the quarter and from the lights.

I can't say i've ever lost to a v6 commodore in basic standard or slighly modified trim.
why don't you load your v6 commodore up with 3 more people and then see how well it pulls.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
That must be in contention for the dumbest comment of the year. A forum is all about people that are not like minded so alternate ideas can be considered.

If everyone was like minded we would have a forum which someone asks a question and everyone says yeah, yeah yeah yeah, yeah. Who wants that??
?

mate,f**k you,,i try to support you and you write this s**t,,up yours muther f**k your on your own.

Post subject: how do they do it
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:28 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: au xr6

NSW, Australia

man holden are s**t all roubnd i smashed a vy sv6 the other day in my au s 1 xr6 and this week i raced a monaro new model.. with my car full with people and petrol and the bucket of s**t was loosing for 0-40 kms and the STRUGGLED to pull away from me and i do not exagerate.

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Man I hate this one eyed s**t.
First gear in auto falcons is gay, no two ways about it.
That said, I didn't think the VR/VS was quicker than the EF/EL on the quarter?
It is quite weird that the gearing is how it is... I guess it must be the fact it cruises easy as at 100, where as the commo revs a bit.

Either way, if a commodore box fitted mine I'd probably have it in there, because ours just robs the 4L of speed.

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

naughtyfalcon wrote:
EB V8 wrote:

?

mate,f**k you,,i try to support you and you write this s**t,,up yours muther f**k your on your own.

I was trying to figure out why you bothered in the first instance?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next