Fordmods Logo

how good are jmm dev kits? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

He would be a rip off if hes stuff costed a fortune and didnt work, not because he has high prices especially for work they dont need like manual conversions and lsd's. And why would you even get a quote from jmm for helicoils.

It must depend on who you deal with there cause a friend of mine found them extremely helpfull and quoted him 1300 for a manual conversion if he gets a dev pack with it.

Hes got the name so he can charge what he wants, If he can still get an enormous amount of work with the higher prices he charges then good for him.

its a business not a charity

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Agreed. JMM are very happy to help you when you are looking at purchasing their product, but aren't very intereseted in helping you with further questions you have AFTER sale and if something goes wrong, which is the most important part of sales, the after sale.

As for their product. I'm pretty stoked with the extra power their DEV3HL cam gave my Falc...

I wonder if JMM can post replies / help info on this forum like the blokes at ALTED do???

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ef falcon

VIC, Australia

dam after hearing all those bad things with jmmi dont think ill even go near them

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

I can't vouch enough for the after sales support from RPD / Alted. I've spend many hours on the phone to Jaysen getting this cam installed and running well, and was very supprised when I get a follow-up "hows the cam still going" call.

Excellent after sales servince and great products.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hornet wrote:
I can't vouch enough for the after sales support from RPD / Alted. I've spend many hours on the phone to Jaysen getting this cam installed and running well, and was very supprised when I get a follow-up "hows the cam still going" call.

Excellent after sales servince and great products.

Yeah, those blokes have been getting rave reviews on this site. I just wish they'd post some dyno sheets so I can decide wether to upgrade or not :)

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

JMM :twisted: suckers!

ALTED 8-) service

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

When I get my lack of fuel problems, and back on the same dyno I've had it on in the past, I'll post mine.

Really not fair to compare pre cam dyno runs on a Dyno Dymanics machine, and post cam on a Dynamic Test Systems dyno, they read very differently.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hornet wrote:
When I get my lack of fuel problems, and back on the same dyno I've had it on in the past, I'll post mine.

Really not fair to compare pre cam dyno runs on a Dyno Dymanics machine, and post cam on a Dynamic Test Systems dyno, they read very differently.

Cool.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Before you decide on JMM read this thread....
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

poor jimbo... If you're reading this, didn't you know that the INTERNET can do wonders for your business. especially from any FORD forum :lol:

profit last year.........bankrubtcy next year. hehehe

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:59 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I never had a problem with Jim or Brendan. I called a bit and got looked after before and after the sale. I would say their dyno is s**t and reads 10rwkw higher than most for sure but the power gains were real and better than the cheaper alternatives.

They do charge but they reckon they are worth it and people pay them and they are still in business after all these years so what does that say?

Not that i am a special fan just an honest customer with no axe to grind.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

honoured to stir up the proverbial pot of s**t.

basically if u have bad trading with a business and you work for a big company like BHP with a network of employees with work email, (or you participate in an online community for that matter) one email is all it takes to bring a company to tatters.

My dad used to work for BHP in hastings.... bigggg place, alot of local blokes (much like the nuke plant on the simpsons, everyone worked there) Any businesses ever gave him trouble, he basically explained where he worked, and how easily there business could go from good to s**t with the circulation of one email or by word of mouth, worked wonders.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
honoured to stir up the proverbial pot of s**t.

basically if u have bad trading with a business and you work for a big company like BHP with a network of employees with work email, (or you participate in an online community for that matter) one email is all it takes to bring a company to tatters.

My dad used to work for BHP in hastings.... bigggg place, alot of local blokes (much like the nuke plant on the simpsons, everyone worked there) Any businesses ever gave him trouble, he basically explained where he worked, and how easily there business could go from good to s**t with the circulation of one email or by word of mouth, worked wonders.

Which is fair enough too. If a company does the wrong thing by you, rips you off, upsets you unnecisarily or convices a buyer not to purchase a DEV5 kit from someone :wink: , then tell people about it. The company has no one to blame but themselves.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBII

NSW, Australia

Some like this thread, some don't. Personally, I see it as a good thing for people to speak up about their experiences, so that all us in the FordMods community can get the best advice on where to go, and what it should cost. As for JMM, I tried enquiring about their DEV kits for my 4.0, and im not going to slander JMM as a whole for this, but the person who took my call really didn't seem interested at all in what I was saying, where as I contacted Jaysen from RPD/Alted today, with an extremely unspecified question, reguarding his stage2 cam's, and he was great, returned my email within the hour, and I felt that he really valued my enquiry. I have never had experience with mods from either, but going by people skills, my custom will be with RPD/Alted.

Back in an E series!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next