Fordmods Logo

How much abuse can the EF EL I6 take? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: How much abuse can the EF EL I6 take?
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

revcore wrote:
One of the best RWD 4 cyl cars for thrashing would have to be the Sigma with the 2 litre Astron motor....You can thrash the hell out of them and they never say die. They'll stand up to an amazing amount of punishment.

i had a diferent experience with the astron 2.6 haha, once it was running it was great, park it for a week and it took about half an hour of towing to get the f**k going, and it had a diesel tractor battery jammed under the bonnet :shock:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
we had 2 ea spac 5 spds are bush bashers, they were fine for us to flog around and we had no trouble with power, we ended up pulling the gear boxes out, the first one we stoped using cause the neighbours complained and the cops were up us

how much land do you own and how far out of town is it? i was lucky we had a decent sized property and were far enough out of town that wankers didnt care, i had the neighbours coming over and sinking numerous amounts of piss with my dad watching us go hell bent on these cars, i also had a datsun 720 diesel 4 speed 4wd but it was bouncey and slow, still awesom fun though

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

we have 17 achers and we live 10 minutes from the outskirts of the town

one of our neighbour just is one of thoese complains about everything type of people

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sounds like your too close to town, my dads place is 10 minutes out of a small town called frederickton and about 20 minutes out of kempsey shops and we have 120 odd acres to get loose on :D

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

nah, she just hates others having fun it's only one person out of the hole neighbourhood, will admit me and my brother + his mates would defintly be the loudest ones, but we aren't out at night or before 8 am she was always complaining in the middle of the day, she rang up the morning i got my new bike last year and told my mum to get me off it or she'd call the cops :roll:

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
nah, she just hates others having fun it's only one person out of the hole neighbourhood, will admit me and my brother + his mates would defintly be the loudest ones, but we aren't out at night or before 8 am she was always complaining in the middle of the day, she rang up the morning i got my new bike last year and told my mum to get me off it or she'd call the cops :roll:

thats when you take the exhaust off and go for a run along her fence line, ive done that before at a mates house, just kept doing it and she eventually gave up complaining hahaaha

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

i had my all train tyres on i wanted to go do a burnout on her nice white driveway :twisted: mum wouldn't let me :(

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
i had my all train tyres on i wanted to go do a burnout on her nice white driveway :twisted: mum wouldn't let me :(

that would go down nicely haha, also need to video it and show fmods :)

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

need my bike bar first :D haven't had the thing since august, i'm tempted to sneak over at night time one night and do a massive skid, we were talking my brothers mate who had a burnout xd ute to do one on there and make it completely black

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:
EFFUTURA4.05SP wrote:
I agree with Bry04l.
However, cheap 4cyl RWD cars are getting hard to find.

gemini or original corolla are 4 cyl rears

Still getting light on the ground.. All I am saying is 100 times better than a big falcoon or commo for bush bashing duties, They aren't exactly common these days and most are considered collectable to a degree.

EA-EL or VN-VS are worth nothing ATM because, as hard as it is to say, no one wants them. You could actually get one for a carton of beer.

The missus has a VS wagon she got off her brother who paid less than 200 for it...goes really well, quite a nice car to drive. She once scored a 200B for a carton of beer - and should have kept the beer. :roll: I've never seen such a horrible unreliable crap box of a car. I reckon virtually every time she drove it I got called out to try and get it going again - it wouldn't just not start, that'd be too easy - it always made it away from home before it conked out. Oh well, like they said at the time, a 200B was like a 180B only with 20 more problems...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

We have a volkswagon beetle on my grandparents property we use...has no body, just the floor pan/little chassis there is and a rollcage. Great car.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2