Fordmods Logo

how much would i get for my xr6 ef? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: how much would i get for my xr6 ef?
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:24 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr6

VIC, Australia

i have a red 95 ef xr6 thats done 166,000ks im wondering how much ill get for itits got the exhaust dont pretty much new pioneer head unit 2 subs and amp kenwood 6x9s has slotted front and rear rotors has sunroof and just a few little dints and scrathes from a few d***head at parking lots

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

maybe $5000 with a RWC if you're lucky.

more then then likely around $4000

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

its got remote start and that and the rwc wont be an issue but yer u reckon 5k ?

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

5k if it's a manual and a private sale. If you trade it be ready to be told 1 or 2.

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:07 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

yer its manual

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

azzaxr6 wrote:
its got remote start and that and the rwc wont be an issue but yer u reckon 5k ?

mine sold for $5000. manual, rebuilt engine, rebuilt diff, new tires on factory 16s, all new suspension (bilstein shocks, king springs, all new bushes the works)

it needs to be one mint condition ef to get $5000 or more

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

I would be willing to pay up to $9k for a manual with low-ish KM's, sunroof, etc, like yours.

If it was in really good nick.

And there's the point - with a car like this (desireable, relatively rare) you could find a buyer who is willing to pay that.

Depends how long you can wait.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

i bought mine for 7500 for a stock as a rocker. private with 108xxxks was happy to pay every cent

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

downingj wrote:
I would be willing to pay up to $9k for a manual with low-ish KM's, sunroof, etc, like yours.

And there's the point - with a car like this (desireable, relatively rare) you could find a buyer who is willing to pay that.

yeah well i waited for almost 6 months, still no buyer. rare my a*** they come up for sale just about every week.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
downingj wrote:

yeah well i waited for almost 6 months, still no buyer. rare my a*** they come up for sale just about every week.

So low km manual EF XR6's with options (sunroof, in this case) are up for sale every week? Please advise which website / car yard, etc, you are looking at.

All you need to do is find a buyer who wants one bad enough. If I was in the market for one, based on what I'm reading, I would be happy to pay up to $9k for this example - again, if was in good nick. Others may only be willing to fork out $5k.

Put the absolute maximum you think you can get away with, advertise it on the net (any number of used car websites) as there are often people who have signed up to receive notifications, ready to buy.
If it doesn't sell after two weeks, drop your price to the minimum you'll sell it for.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

i wouldnt say much more than $5k, but depends.

Low kays and sunroof are good points, sound system doesn't really make much of a difference (but then again some idiots might take this into account).

Main points I take into account when first considering a car are km's, number of owners/service history and who the driver is (sorry to all young drivers, but i know the general population of P platers who drive falcons smash them :P )

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5spd EF

Someone is bound to pay what you want.. It just takes time like I've said in another thread.

I would pay extra for the sunroof
If it were manual i would pay more too

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah being a genuine xr6 means it does have potential to accumulate value, add sunny and 5 speed, but quick question are you asking more for a market value, or the fact you can come across the occasional personal who will pay whatever you ask.
By the way, has the parcel shelf been cut to allow for the 6x9's.
Anyway, as above I'm inclined to go with 4-6k ballpark although, if you do find the right buyer that sunroof can pull a premium, makes me wish i bought the ef xr6 with sunroof, and i believe manual for 3200 I saw few months back, funnily enough not a sunroof person though, hehe.

good luck with it mate.

Gotta say I'm wondering what the xr's are gonna pull in 20 years times, could we be talking like xy gt's? or sweet f**k all?

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

downingj wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
downingj wrote:

So low km manual EF XR6's with options (sunroof, in this case) are up for sale every week? Please advise which website / car yard, etc, you are looking at.

All you need to do is find a buyer who wants one bad enough. If I was in the market for one, based on what I'm reading, I would be happy to pay up to $9k for this example - again, if was in good nick. Others may only be willing to fork out $5k.

Put the absolute maximum you think you can get away with, advertise it on the net (any number of used car websites) as there are often people who have signed up to receive notifications, ready to buy.
If it doesn't sell after two weeks, drop your price to the minimum you'll sell it for.

our local paper has at least one in it every weekend. mine had just about every option aside from a sunroof (why anyone would wan't factory fitted leak i dont know), the problem is it doesn't have to be a car exactly the same as the one he is selling for it sway a buyer to the cheaper option. all it needs to be a reasonably clean car and the cheaper one will go first.
unless he has 12 months to wait for that one person stupid enough to a few thousand for options.

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

ahh k well its got 6x9s in it already and 5spd manual

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next