Fordmods Logo

How to get a better tone? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:17 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU2 Futura & BFMk2 F/mont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Thanks fellas. Yeah there is plenty around here in Burleigh... got one every 2nd shop :)

mr_ratapus ur from the gold coast... you werent driving the white falcon in your signature near robina today were you? ive seen your siggy before with the pic and when i drove past it today i thought hmm maybe that dude is off fordmods.. recognised it just now again. was probably someone completely different, but just wondered.

ky

"If it aint broke, dont fix it" ...he clearly doesn't have a car to play with.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL XR6

QLD, Australia

Naa wasnt me robina today man i was in Brisbane. My car seems to stick out because its missing the red stripes down the side. Dont know if its a good thing.

Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T

kydence wrote:
I'm not worried about fuel costs; fuel is cheap no matter what anyone says. Sure, it has risen in costs recently, but think about it.. $1.20 for a litre of petrol, and when you walk out of woolies you realise a litre of milk cost you $2.00 and a litre of coke cost you $2.29

that may be the case, but u will only go through around 4 litres of milk a week, when compared to a tank (~65 litres) to fill up its not that cheap :shock:

300+rwkw HeadsexTuned XR6 Turbo Ute *NOW SOLD :(*
MK Triton with 31" muddies, 2" lift and 3" turbo back exhaust etc...

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:12 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU2 Futura & BFMk2 F/mont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Yep, like I said, i'm the only idiot to look at things that way :lol: :lol:

"If it aint broke, dont fix it" ...he clearly doesn't have a car to play with.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:38 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

kydence, i suggest you shop around for prices mate...I did so myself and managed to save myself about 50 - 80 bucks when i bought my extractors. As i mentioned in another thread, I managed to score myself a set of pacemakers 4480s for 400 including gasket, new bolts and a flange. Most of the shops would have charged me 430 bucks for the pacies alone...

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 XR6 Ute

WA, Australia

ive tried heaps of different muffler configs on my baxr6. i finally have settled for my extractors, 2.5 system with the standard falcon centre muffler and free flowing cat. there is nothing worse than a droning 6 cruising the streets. ya cant make pig s**t into strawberry jam. :)

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Check out Jim Mocks work down in melbourne.

If you are just after an exhaust system aim for the dev1 pack. Its a little more than a standard system, but is top notch stuff. The headers are custom designed by Jim for the 4.0ltr.

this is what you get for $1290

DEV "Street-Fighter" Headers (Extractors), Modified catalytic converter, 2.5" Hi-Performance mandrel bent exhaust system, Performance spark plugs, Custom Dyno testing & tuning

providing that your motor is in decent knick to begin with you should see roughly 116 rwkw or there abouts.

Thats about 160-170 kw at the flywheel, roughly a little more than an XR6.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

i dunno if i would get the package above purely because you can get full exhaust at half the price (pacie headers, stock cat modified to fit and 2.5in lukey) and you wont see an extra $600 improvement with tuning after only getting exhaust

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

maybe true if you get a second hand set of everything and do half the work yourself it will cost $600.

a new set of pacies shelf $$$ is above the $400 mark i hear. New price you would be looking in excess of a grand to have a new cat, 2.5 stainless and new pacemakers installed by a profesional. (pacies ~$400, cat ~$200, stailess 2.5 ~$350 + install --?$200? = anywhere near $1150. )

JMM headers are superior to pacies, he uses stainless exhausts, good cat, and you get new plugs, as well as a 12 month warranty. Pretty bloody competetive for what you get at $1290.

so even with new everything yes JMM will be a little more expensive but not by a great lot.

If you want second hand stuff done on the cheap then by all means go for that, Im just saying that for quality work going to Jim is not as exe as it sounds first up.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
maybe true if you get a second hand set of everything and do half the work yourself it will cost $600.

a new set of pacies shelf $$$ is above the $400 mark i hear. New price you would be looking in excess of a grand to have a new cat, 2.5 stainless and new pacemakers installed by a profesional. (pacies ~$400, cat ~$200, stailess 2.5 ~$350 + install --?$200? = anywhere near $1150. )

JMM headers are superior to pacies, he uses stainless exhausts, good cat, and you get new plugs, as well as a 12 month warranty. Pretty bloody competetive for what you get at $1290.

so even with new everything yes JMM will be a little more expensive but not by a great lot.

If you want second hand stuff done on the cheap then by all means go for that, Im just saying that for quality work going to Jim is not as exe as it sounds first up.

You're not getting a new cat tho, for that price? It's modified like you first mentioned, yeah? They lop the ends off or something. I think JMM would prolly have good workmanship and products, but I think the best part would be the convienience of the other packages above DEV1 - drive in, drive out.

I get my system fitted this thursday, $100 I paid for mint 4499's + 2.5 Lukey twin muff sys. For a hi-flo metalcat, and labour it's another $400 - $450, so I'm doing alright in that dept.

All I kno is it's fkn expensive to get anything done here in ACT. Back in QLD it was so much better, go Right Price Exhausts!

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lolz those prices are similar to right price! thats where I went- in slacks creek.

My genie/2.5 mandrel/new cat system on the fairy cost $990 fitted there.

and the genies were a lot cheaper than the pacemakers.

mate for your $$ your system sound ferkin awesome :) way better than anything Ive seen.

personally I love the JMM dev3hl kit, but this thread is more about just exhausts so I used dev1 as an example.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I gotta 2.5 cat to 2.5 stainless mandrel system with a rear muffler, rpd stg 1 cam and pacies and mine idles nice n lumpy. Drones a tad at 80 but then again i dont do 80 ks very much but give it a rev and it sounds awesome really raspy and crackly and of course very loud (the epa notice i got a while back proves it :P). But it doesnt make u all happy inside like the real lump of a nice worked v8.............. But then again i save fuel..... *cries*

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

kydence,
you're in qld... If you're in the market for Genie's, they're made up there. I gave them a story of being from a mechanic workshop and they gave me trade price (didn't buy in the end because of frieght). Their website is genieheaders.com. There's a QLD contact number there somewhere. I think I was quoted $300ish last year for a set of BA...

mmmmmmmmmunchy!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2