Fordmods Logo

howdy, newbie looking for some directions... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: howdy, newbie looking for some directions...
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:02 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hi, newbie looking for some pointers.. ive had a wee poke about but cant quite pinpoint where to look for things...

i was told by a boosted eseries member to check here for diagnostic documents relating to my thermo fans not kicking into the full on/high mode until way up the guage when i reckon they should be on full by half guage at least, especially when the air con is always on ! so looking for the test page or fault finding process for that ! all relays seem good, ive swapped them around but hey, who knows..

i am also after details on how to connect/link my keyfob to the cars central locking, battery has been dead for 6 mths or so and doesnt work with the keyfob now..

thanks for any pointers on where to look ! 8-)

Post subject: Re: howdy, newbie looking for some directions...
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

hi, welcome to fordmods

wave your cursor over the resources tab up above here, then click on technical documents

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

excellent ! tried that and the fans come on straight away when i put air con to max ! although....they still dont come on full power etc till very high when the airtcon isnt on full.. nearly up at the N in NORMAL..which is quite high ! i was thinking it shouldnt come above the letter M really.... rad looks newish althouhg the car has been standing for almost a year in a garage lockup.... thanks for that document ! 8-)

just need to remove front door central locking actuators as thats my only other issue ! thanks again !! 8-)

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

rab wrote:
excellent ! tried that and the fans come on straight away when i put air con to max ! although....they still dont come on full power etc till very high when the airtcon isnt on full.. nearly up at the N in NORMAL..which is quite high ! i was thinking it shouldnt come above the letter M really.... rad looks newish althouhg the car has been standing for almost a year in a garage lockup.... thanks for that document ! 8-)

just need to remove front door central locking actuators as thats my only other issue ! thanks again !! 8-)

no probs mate, yeah my thermos do the same thing..... it would normaly stay around 'A or L' on NORMAL but city driving it goes right up to N before teh thermos really kick in..... im not much in the city so i dont worry about it too much.

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

mine comes up when cruising on the highway...but in town, not so much, kinda the opposite fo yours.. :lol: ... its weird, having had another EL , i know its not right but i might change the temp sensor to see if thats the cause... dont want it to boil ! just to be sure...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]