Fordmods Logo

Humming noise at Idle, very low power output. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Humming noise at Idle, very low power output.
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Good morning guys,

Before I start, I have been a long time reader to these forums, and have enjoyed the wealth of information on offer posted by many on here, this is my first post, and as per usual, it commences with a problem.

My car? BFII Fairmont 6cyl (obviously) 2007 model, 29,000km, stocker than stock.

The last time I drove my car was on the weekend, it had worked fine, no problems.

This morning, I jumped in to the car, and noticed a few abnormalities, for one, when I first went to start the motor, it kicked for about 3 seconds with no firing, the starter had cut out due to lack of voltage (The battery is on charge right now - It's new, and the alternator is working fine, just lack of use). The second attempt had it fire, however there was this strange but clearly audible buzzing sound, associated with the speed of the motor, after about 30 seconds Idle, I revved it, the noise went away, but when the revs went back to idle >1500rpm the noise resurfaced. So I backed down my drive way - slight decline, and proceeded to accelrate, and there was a severe loss of power, it would hardly move, but the revs would go up. Checked handbrake, turned off car, restarted it, same problem. I gave up whilst I was still in a relatively good mood, and drove it back into the carport, and I needed a run up - Glad I have a work car.

I have tried searching for a solution amonst the forums, but I believe I may be using the incorrect search terms, so if anyone could direct me to a thread with a similar problem, or might be able to assist in the problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Adam.

Post subject: Re: Humming noise at Idle, very low power output.
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Wait to you reinstall a fully charged battery, B series falcons run like buckets of crap when the battery is up the s**t...

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Reinstall? Nah, I have a Battery Fighter 5A Charger, comes with a plug so the leads stay permanently connected . Which went into to float mode about 10 minutes after connecting it.

I'll get a fuel filter on the way home this arvo, and change it, just incase its blocked.

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Well it appears that the problem has fixed itself. Fords are bloody clever cars, I did let it charge up over the day it might have corrected the issue.

Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: El falcon

VIC, Australia

those charges will only charge a battery to 75% then trickle the battery up to 100%

I enjoy the symphony of mechanical harmony, :lol:

EL build thread
Turbo DOHC - AU front suspension - AU IRS - T56 - xr kit
the-garage-f53/bbqburners-daily-turned-toy-d-t93182.html

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]