hurricane vs pacemaker 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: hurricane vs pacemaker
Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I have my cat attached straight to the flange of the pacemaker, but it's not a high flow, just an off the shelf AC Delco item.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The more u dig the more u find out and a properly design exhaust makes or breaks the car really in a pro racer situation but for most of us its not the case.

I personally feel that the off the shelf 2.5inch exhaust out there are alright but if u can afford it id go custom 2 1/4 or 2.5 depending on application with magnaflow or lukey mufflers. 1 big muffler about 14-16inch before the diff then a rear muffler or resi depending on how loud u want it to be and they will sound better and flow better as well.

Now u may ask if its gona be a huge difference which it wont be but i can see about 10-15rwhp gain as the mufflers do flow better than the redback gear, its pretty simple u either order a big mac meal aka redback or get urself a custom setup which will cost u more but i will promise it will sound much better and go a abit bettr as well.

Price to go custom would be about double depending on if u get the workshop to supply and fit but i go to my local joint who gives me great prices, then take it to another shop to make up the system as he is the best in Sydney in my oppinion.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:43 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ba falcon

QLD, Australia

I met a guy on another forum who said he got the hurricanes with a 200cell cat and a red back cat back. He said he goes 0-100km in 6.2 seconds on a ba falcon with second cold air intake, xr6t snorkel and a K&N filter. I have the same set up basically. But I have a hyper flow CAI, BMC filter and xr6t snorkel. My cat back is apparently a custom made one, It has 2 mufflers on them both A4 in size and there both straight threw mufflers or high flow mufflers not sure what you call them? Any way with his 6.2-6.4 seconds from 0-100kmh Is there going to be a difference with the pacemaker set up?
Another thing the cats are right at the flanges on the where it bolts up to the headers.

Some really good information MICKYYYY. You really know your stuff :)

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I met a guy on another forum who said he got the hurricanes with a 200cell cat and a red back cat back. He said he goes 0-100km in 6.2 seconds on a ba falcon with second cold air intake, xr6t snorkel and a K&N filter. I have the same set up basically. But I have a hyper flow CAI, BMC filter and xr6t snorkel. My cat back is apparently a custom made one, It has 2 mufflers on them both A4 in size and there both straight threw mufflers or high flow mufflers not sure what you call them? Any way with his 6.2-6.4 seconds from 0-100kmh Is there going to be a difference with the pacemaker set up?
Another thing the cats are right at the flanges on the where it bolts up to the headers.

Some really good information MICKYYYY. You really know your stuff :)

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If u can take some pictures of ur system and post them then we can identify if its custom but if it isent it should have the brand on it.

I also suggest once u done all his ork to get it dyno tuned to get the full benefit from it and get better fuel economy as well.

U should also look into JMM gear as he has his extractors spot on in regards to design but he is expensive.........

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

The only brand I can see on the cat back is "super cat" On the mufflers. It bolted straight up.

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

super cat do cat back exhausts so very likly urs is not a custom setup.

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Oh well, It was the cheapest price I got on a cat back. It cost 395 fitted. Every other price was about 450 for a branded one. When I bought it they told me to have 2 mufflers cause the ba is to loud with a 2.5" and only 1 muffler. Would it be worth getting some lukey mufflers put on? There is a muffler just after the diff and then one on the other side.
Cheers mate

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Leave it as u already spent the money but im lead to believe the Xforce cat back is the best aftermarket unit as there mufflers are pretty good.

Just get urself the pacemkers and cat and ur set to go also if u want to save abit of money u can buy these which are also good but finish is not as good as pacemaker but hey a $200.00 saving is worth it plus there basicaly the exact same design.

http://www.dkne.com.au/ford-falcon-6cyl ... p-236.html

Also u can ask him to make them in 38mm primary which will give u more better low down power and torque.

Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Leave it as u already spent the money but im lead to believe the Xforce cat back is the best aftermarket unit as there mufflers are pretty good.

Just get urself the pacemkers and cat and ur set to go also if u want to save abit of money u can buy these which are also good but finish is not as good as pacemaker but hey a $200.00 saving is worth it plus there basicaly the exact same design.

http://www.dkne.com.au/ford-falcon-6cyl ... p-236.html

Also u can ask him to make them in 38mm primary which will give u more better low down power and torque.

When you say they dont finish the same how do you mean? Quality or performance?

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quality of finish isent as good as pacemaker but performance i cannot see much difference as pipe size and length is basically identical.

If u get them made is a 38mm primary pipe u will notice more power/torque in lower rpms but a little trade off in higher rpms but nothing major and a considerable cost saving.

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

MICKYYYY wrote:
Quality of finish isent as good as pacemaker but performance i cannot see much difference as pipe size and length is basically identical.

If u get them made is a 38mm primary pipe u will notice more power/torque in lower rpms but a little trade off in higher rpms but nothing major and a considerable cost saving.

Is this just on BA's? Or all falcons?

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

All falcons

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:22 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EBII

QLD, Australia

Timing is everything. Only the best, go Genie headers.

EB II
Genie Headers, Redback 2,1/2 exhaust. BA XR8 Intake.

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

You will notice sfa difference between any half decent brand straight through muffler.

Yes, it is worth using better quality mufflers, but not if you already have an existing straight through system. Save that for when you are scratching your head trying to pick up every last 2rwkw.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next