Fordmods Logo

Hybrid EL 6 

Page 6 of 7 [ 96 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU I XR6 VCT

NSW, Australia

i have a feb 98 build XR6 and have an unpainted block and colour coded engine bay. not sure what part no the head is and i am not going out to have a look now cos it is freezing cold and dark. I do know that we dont get alot of late EL falcons coming in with unpainted rocker covers and i have never seen any EL (or any model before au for that matter) come through with an unpainted engine bay. I guess if this was a cost cutting thing they must have run out of money very late in the piece

drive it like it was built to be driven

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:38 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 2004 BA Falcon MkII

WA, Australia

You can't get any later than my August 98 build EL and its engine bay is body coloured (Regency). It was first registered in September of 98.

I doubt there would be more than a handful of EL's with black engine bays as someone posted about earlier.

Kel.
BHR
A/MD 1272
240 inch Dragster
466 Big Block Ford
650hp
8.40 @ 156mph (251kph)

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:47 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

andwoo83 wrote:
i have a feb 98 build XR6 and have an unpainted block and colour coded engine bay. not sure what part no the head is and i am not going out to have a look now cos it is freezing cold and dark. I do know that we dont get alot of late EL falcons coming in with unpainted rocker covers and i have never seen any EL (or any model before au for that matter) come through with an unpainted engine bay. I guess if this was a cost cutting thing they must have run out of money very late in the piece

I find it hard to beleive it is a cost saving measure...

- They'd have to reprogram their paint robots to NOT paint the engine bay with colour paint, but with black paint (they couldn't leave it bare)
- They'd save all of $2 worth of body paint. which they'd then use to paint in black.

I too have never seen an EL with a non-body colour bay.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

My EL XR6 has a black egine bay.....build date march 98'

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 07 BFII XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

data_mine wrote:
I find it hard to beleive it is a cost saving measure...

*snip* 8<

Quote:
- They'd have to reprogram their paint robots to NOT paint the engine bay with colour paint, but with black paint (they couldn't leave it bare)
- They'd save all of $2 worth of body paint. which they'd then use to paint in black.

I'm under the impression that metallic paints have a black undercoat instead of white.. if you think about sparkling burgandy then it might make more sense.

Put a coat (or 2?) of undercoat on the whole car and then apply the colour coat like sparkling burgandy on everything except the engine bay.. hey presto! sparkling burgandy falcon with a black engine bay and it has saved you money.

It would cost ford maybe a few hours labour at the most to reprogram the paint bots to miss the engine bay, in the long run it would be saving them money on all the metallic paint cars comming off the line since they are using less paint.

New Car:
'07 BF II XR6 Turbo (stock) in Neo with premium sound and bluetooth.

Old car: ('98 EL Futura)

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU I XR6 VCT

NSW, Australia

well this is true but why would they leave it so late to bother saving money......i mean if there really is very few of them floating around with black engine bays i dont htink it would have saved them a great amount of money. Something worth talking to the tech boys in melbourne about i think

drive it like it was built to be driven

Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XH UTE utester

VIC, Australia

i have an xh ute & i had the cam problem as my engine is a hybrid engine. The engine bay is normal colour as with all the engine covers etc etc are normal colour n aint rustin like u were saying. i had a s**t of a time finding a correct cam for the engine, crow, crower, then talked to Mocky at JMM & he builds hybrid cams for the engines now that fit no worries. Idle's beautiful etc etc & go like a shower of s**t. I never got one in as i am doing up a new car but he's the only guy who can help nu out there. cheers :D

FOR SALE
1998 XH 'S' Ute
5 spd, green in colour, Tickford gas, Duel Fuel
Lowered, 17inch alloys, Hardtop, Cab extension,great sounding sound system, lukey exhaust, carpeted tub.
160,000 kms $12,800

Post subject: Re: Hybrid EL 6
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hi guys

Post is very old, but hopefully someone can help.

I'm looking at buying a hybrid EL engine for my EF. Should I have any issues with fitting the EL engine into my EF? Also, I was unsure on whether or not the hybrids were a good engine? Apart from not being able to change the cam, were they stronger engines than the EF EL standards ??

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:37 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Gli

SA, Australia

if you looked thru newer posts you would know you can change the cams on them and i believe they are a good engine mine has 300,000km on it and it still has no problems and runs fine

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

oh I wasnt really concerned about changing the cam on them. not interested in doing this, i was just concerned about whether or not im going to have alot of trouble fitting the EL hybrid engine into my EF

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 07 BFII XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

daniel000 wrote:
oh I wasnt really concerned about changing the cam on them. not interested in doing this, i was just concerned about whether or not im going to have alot of trouble fitting the EL hybrid engine into my EF

Not sure if there are any electrical considerations like ECM and BCM stuff to worry about. BCM should be ok provided they didn't change the smartlock security stuff between EL/EF too much.

I think EL's and some EF's have different ignition systems over the years. EF went to coil packs or something on some years? (or something like that from memory)

I wouldn't be suprised if you need the ECM off the engine donor car to go with the engine to suit the slight mechanical/electrical/timing/fuel map differences on the Hy-EL motor or it may not start or run properly.

Hope that doesn't turn into a can of worms.

New Car:
'07 BF II XR6 Turbo (stock) in Neo with premium sound and bluetooth.

Old car: ('98 EL Futura)

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

daniel000 wrote:

OMFG! how impatient do you want to be! dont go digging up old threads!!
RETARD!!

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

You just fit all the coil pack s**t and cam angle sensor to the el engine and run the ef ecu then its pretty much an ef engine

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
daniel000 wrote:

RETARD!!

Are you alright mate? What difference is it if I post this and get a response from someone who doesnt have anger issues?? I went through every single post on this thread plus about 30 others online. I did not find one that has someone fitting a EL hybrid engine into an EF. I did however, find many threads saying they had issues. THESE threads were dated back to around 2008, it is now 2011 and things change, people find other ways of doing things AND because I'm taking a risk, spending a lot of cash, I DID want an updated response. AND I WILL DIG up old threads because that is what I found, I would rather do this than start a new one because people always complain about STARTING NEW threads without doing any research.

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

daniel000 wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
daniel000 wrote:

RETARD!!

Are you alright mate? What difference is it if I post this and get a response from someone who doesnt have anger issues?? I went through every single post on this thread plus about 30 others online. I did not find one that has someone fitting a EL hybrid engine into an EF. I did however, find many threads saying they had issues. THESE threads were dated back to around 2008, it is now 2011 and things change, people find other ways of doing things AND because I'm taking a risk, spending a lot of cash, I DID want an updated response. AND I WILL DIG up old threads because that is what I found, I would rather do this than start a new one because people always complain about STARTING NEW threads without doing any research.

Ignor Mitch, he's a d***head.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 7  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next