link doesn't work...

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Oettinger Golf GTI

NSW, Australia

Hyena wrote:
I'm running a 3.45 LSD.
Not sure where I'm loosing coolant from but I suspect it may be boiling and coming out the overflow. The car has never actually overheated as such but the temperature is often pretty hot - between the O and R in NORMAL - N being the closest to hot. Cruising along the highway it sits on A though... :?:

Yobbo, I fully psyched myself to take out the reaction time thing. I was supposed to run about a month back but I got there 5 minutes too late and they'd sold out the 200 tickets so I couldn't run. I was spewing to my mates and said "damn, I was going to win the reaction time comp too"

This is the only footage I have at the moment, my mate has another tape but I won't see him until next week. As you can see, it was a pretty tame launch so I could definitely do better off the line. Nothing terribly inspiring, just video proof :)

http://home.exetel.com.au/hyena/144.wmv
edit: link fixed, wmv is lowercase

Thats the cheesiest picture.. thats like a picture if you won some cheese eating competition at all you can eat cheese fest LOL!

Good stuff man! congrats!

with your water loss, tried guttering the bottom of your thermostat? or maybe a new cap as well? common to happen with the cap!

If you want a set of 16s to give it ag o next time let me know :P one day ill chuck mine on and embarass myself and see what she pulls lol

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Hey Hyena, I saw you running, was quite surprised you were getting high 14's, you should have more power than that?

You shouldve gone in the burnout comp!! there were only 2 cars!!! disappointing.

The guy you are talking about, with the blue headlights, and the strobe lights in the rear, is a dude that recently joined here, and is mostly on FF.

I was talking to him at maccas afterwards. It was his first time, and his got a stage 2 crow,head work, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, and a 5speed manual. I think that was it. He's also running a single spinner 3.08 diff... so the times weren't too bad.

We gave him a bit down sunnyholt :lol:

Anyway, congrats with the prize, lol, definately a happy man.
See you there next time

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ford au wagon 4.0 na

Power: 170 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hyena check the thermostat housing.Ps now I know why you blew my doors off.

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Nice work mate, am still sorting the 5.0, but would be a good matchup. We will have to do it again some time. Especially once you get yours fully sorted
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Hilux 4x4 now

NSW, Australia

Nice work mate. 8-)

Stercus accidit

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...

Ken

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

justfordima you should have come and said g'day, I spent alot of time standing around with my hands in my pockets waiting for runs :)
I would have thought the guy with the white EF could have managed lower in the 15s. I did 14.8 my first time out with a stage 2 cam, extractors and a single spinner 3.23 so his headwork should make up for the small difference in diff ratios. He was running in the 16s for a while and I was going to take the keys off him and have a run :P
Yeah I should have more power, theoretically 170rwkw but as far as I know the guys with DEV5 JMM kits making this power are turning out similar ETs so I dunno... I think my dyno reading was down a little, but there's still a few things I have to fix. When all is well I should be laughing.

I would have gone in the burnout comp but I had to be out the front for the reaction time comp. One of my mates was yelling out to me to give him my keys and he'd go in it. lol

Fuz, cheesy, I get it :P When the guy handed over the money he said something about me having a silly grin on my face. LOL
I probably looked like a bit of a stooge when I said "ahhh yesss" but it's an in joke with my mates and they all p****d themselves :)

Thermostat and housing I'll check again. I've fitted a cooler thermostat which makes it run cooler when it's well behaved but when it's hot it still runs hot :? What do you mean by guttering the bottom Fuzion ? I've just fitted a new cap and it's no different.

ImageImage

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:08 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Very impressive Hyena, 14.4 is a bloody quick time for the 6!!! :D
What times do you want to get the car running now and do you have any future mods planned? Keep up the good work.

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

nice work with the times!! another ford out there to give them holdens a scare! Put FATTER TYRES ON! WHats ur 60 foot time?

yeah 15.5 is slow but its his first time!!
my car with just extractors and exhaust was pulling 15.5 and another guy i know his EF auto with just extractors and exhaust was running 15.3's.

ur having the same problem as me, after the diff change, i havent changed my tags. And i hit limiter JUST on the line. so close!

sounds like u should be able to get her down past 14.4! and good luck with it.

Yeah UGLYBOB, cant wait to see what SVO XR6 runs... that things gonna be good!

Ill be goin down in a couple of weeks and hoping for a 14.6.

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

XRCIST, I'm going to run it off a Megasquirt II shortly. That'll control fuel and ignition and a host of other things like displaying "danger to manifold" warnings :P Once I get it running properly with the MSII I'll start playing with a homemade water injection system and explore any other cool things the MSII will let me do :)

My 60' time was a pretty average 2.195 vs 2.157 with my old motor but as I said I had skinny tyres so I couldnt pull off a big launch.

Future goals ? In an ideal world I'd like 13.999 just so I can say I got into the 13s in a NA "taxi" but I'm pretty sure I won't pull that off short of throwing alot of money in it so I'll just aim to get as low in the 14s as I can for as little as I can. More importantly though as my only car it has to do it all reliably

Oh yeah, SVO XR6 is planning to go turbo isn't he ? I'll conveniently ignore any times he gets while N/A :lol:

ImageImage

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hyena..looking at that photo you look like a famous footy player with a trophy :D

14.77 @92.71mph July 06 14.52@95.68mph July 07 14.241 96.7 MPH in a shoebox/taxi au ford wagon!!Bwahahah still cant believe it!!!

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hyena..looking at that photo you look like a famous footy player with a trophy :D

dam double post

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Never much cared for no foosball :P

Here's another vid, it's pretty bad quality as it's recompressed from footage a mate sent me but meh.

http://home.exetel.com.au/hyena/Drags2.wmv

I'll try and go in the day next time I go, much better for getting video and I'll set up 2 incar cameras too.

ImageImage

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:33 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ed falcon

NSW, Australia

I'm going to give mine a run after may 24th, should have my lsd in byu then. We'll have to have a run hyena :)

Neil

HSV I JUST BEAT ONE !

AFF 05 NSW DYNO DAY STATE CHAMP

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

I'll come say hello next time hyena, didn't know it was that boring back stage lol. I might be running soon as well, depends on if I get my problems sorted.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next