Page 3 of 6 [ 80 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: i am gutted smashed the ED XR last night
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EA fairmont

Power: 132 rwkw

SA, Australia

ea_silver_ghia (Dezza) fixed his silver EA and it was a bit more smashed then your car so don't give up hope.

i think ea_silver_ghia (Dezza) did a great job to fix his car this is how it looks now

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

VIC, Australia

Geez thanks mate my damage has nothin on that, that just raised my hopes a bit, but any idea how much it would be to get it all pulled out minus paint because my mates oldman is a spraypainter? Panels should be cheap its just the ed xr front thats the expensive bit and does anyone no where i can get another scorcher bar and how much?

Last edited by JakeysED on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

yer if it's genuine xr then it's definitely worth looking into repairing. good standard falcons/fairmonts are few and far between these days and xr's are pretty rare as mentioned.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yer its genuine xr would be nice to fix i love this car..

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

JakeysED wrote:
Geez thanks mate my damage has nothin on that, that just raised my hopes a bit, but any idea how much it would be to get it all pulled out minus paint because my mates old man is a spray painter? Panels should be cheap its just the ed xr front that's the expensive bit and does anyone no where i can get another scorcher bar and how much?

you shoud be able to find good condition Bonnet and the Lh/Rh front guards pretty cheap.
As you said the XR front would be the most expensive part. How damaged is your XR grill/light surround? you may be able to get it fixed if its not to bad. The other expensive part would be the XR lights but also depends on how bad yours are damaged. You may get away with fixing them as well if they aren't to damaged. The trickiest part would be the Radiator support but as others would say it can be fixed. You could ask your mates Dad if he could ask his work mates or if he knows a panel beater that could fix the radiator support for a cash job. That would be the cheapest way. You could check and see if it still square doing a cross measurement on the front of the car. If you would like i could get a photo from a repair book from my work with all the exact measurements for the front of the car for you if that would help.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Ok how bad was yours and how much did it cost you? I have a mate thats a panelbeater so he might help me out on straightening it and panels arent expensive... so shouldnt cost too much i hope, might be able to find same colour panels, where can i get another scorcher bar?

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
full comp on an e-series costs SFA these days, but thats what happens when the market value is <2k

then you gotta think about being paid out only 2k for your pride n joy and if the insurance was really worth it?

I was hit from behind about 3 weeks ago in my ef, car was written off i got 5.8k from the insurance. so i think its worth it.!

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

if your looking for xr parts to replace, id call ftg autosalvage, they are a site sponsor and can probly help

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ea_monty wrote:
JakeysED wrote:
Geez thanks mate my damage has nothin on that, that just raised my hopes a bit, but any idea how much it would be to get it all pulled out minus paint because my mates old man is a spray painter? Panels should be cheap its just the ed xr front that's the expensive bit and does anyone no where i can get another scorcher bar and how much?

you shoud be able to find good condition Bonnet and the Lh/Rh front guards pretty cheap.
As you said the XR front would be the most expensive part. How damaged is your XR grill/light surround? you may be able to get it fixed if its not to bad. The other expensive part would be the XR lights but also depends on how bad yours are damaged. You may get away with fixing them as well if they aren't to damaged. The trickiest part would be the Radiator support but as others would say it can be fixed. You could ask your mates Dad if he could ask his work mates or if he knows a panel beater that could fix the radiator support for a cash job. That would be the cheapest way. You could check and see if it still square doing a cross measurement on the front of the car. If you would like i could get a photo from a repair book from my work with all the exact measurements for the front of the car for you if that would help.

Yeh my grill is ok just the little mounting tabs sbapped off and my headlight themselves are alrite but the plastic mounts/surrounds are pretty stuffed and yeh i no a bloke im gonna ask about a cash job, and those measurementa good be helpful thanks heaps mate

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Chargd wrote:
if your looking for xr parts to replace, id call ftg autosalvage, they are a site sponsor and can probly help

Cheers mate will give them a buzz after i get it it looked at

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
full comp on an e-series costs SFA these days, but thats what happens when the market value is <2k

then you gotta think about being paid out only 2k for your pride n joy and if the insurance was really worth it?

when i insured my ef fairmont they valued it at $6500 so if i write it off i get $6500 which is more then i paid for it :)

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

JakeysED wrote:
i wasnt blaming the diff at all i no it was my fualt, but the diff did make it worse when it singled then dualeed unexpactedly, my lsd is f**k btw.. wel i got some pics of the damage it looks to me without pulling anything off yet that its the bumper (my scorcher bar :( ) 2 front gards, xr grill is ok but mounts snapped.. maybe headlights there not broken but are upp the piss, rear bumpers fine just mounts snapped and its hangin off, bonnets fine.. rad is fine but ac condensers stuffed, but it seems to me like the thermos are sitting closer to the pulleys like the rad support got pushed back? i drove it home like this everything drove fine wasnt pulling or anything so no drivelines bent and i dont think theres any damage to the rails but i have to jack it up and have a look.. just wondering what peoples thoughts are on if its worth fixing or just buying another ed with blown motor nd putting my motor and manual in..
cheers

i know this aint important or anything but is that ef\el door handle on the back? sorry bout the car

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

JakeysED wrote:
ea_monty wrote:
JakeysED wrote:

Yeh my grill is ok just the little mounting tabs sbapped off and my headlight themselves are alrite but the plastic mounts/surrounds are pretty stuffed and yeh i no a bloke im gonna ask about a cash job, and those measurementa good be helpful thanks heaps mate

no worries mate I'll get the pic tomorrow for you and post it up.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

jay.blanket wrote:
I was hit from behind about 3 weeks ago in my ef, car was written off i got 5.8k from the insurance. so i think its worth it.!

fordnut1988 wrote:
when i insured my ef fairmont they valued it at $6500 so if i write it off i get $6500 which is more then i paid for it :)

hey thats not bad, what was your annual fee + excess?

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Cheers ea monty, and yeh fordnut its got el door handles on it mate
I just pulled the bumper off and lights and few other things and i dont think its too bad maybe just the very end of the rails mite be kiked a bit to the left and the inner guard around the headlights and rad supporrt need straightening, ill get the panelbeater round hopefully within the nezt few days too see what he rekons... i will be chasing 2 front guards and an xr front if anyone has one? Preferably guards of the same colour, and where can i get another scorcher bar?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next