Fordmods Logo

I NEED YOUR OPINION OF MY BA XR6 

Page 2 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:29 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

is october a MkII? personally i love it, it looks damn fine but you won't get much nowerdays unfortunately.

today in the motoring section theres in a late 03 XR6 in good condition for $19,990 at a car yard! i reckon if you take the modifications off and sell them seperately you could get $23-24K. if the buyer values the low K's and excellent condition it looksi n they'll possibly pay $25-26K.

i'd post it at $26Kono. and you can always pick up a few thousand for the mods seperately, if you were in peth i'd probably buy the bonnet off you in the not too distant future (say end of the year).

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

those mods will devalue the car in my opinion. just like the clubsport kitted commo's you see around with v6 badge on the side. if it was a turb the bonnet and wing could be forgiven. i would say low to mid 20's but do as walker said and look up the same model on carsales and compare with yours.

if you still have original parts (bonnet and spoiler) put them back on and you will get just as much for it.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED fairmont Ghia rollin on 18's

VIC, Australia

MY opinion..
bonnet looks good.
spoiler looks crap in black.
Dont like the wheels at all..

You are goin to be selling to a limited market with the mods you have..

as said previously maybe paint the spoiler or swap for original, swap the bonnet back and tailights and you could probably leave the wheels..

sell the parts seperate.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xr6

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the feedback everyone, only problem is if i put it all standard except the rims then if i sold the bonnet and rear spoiler seperate i would lose out too much i would think and how much are people gonna pay for my bonnet and rear spoiler when i payed 1800 for both fitted... I'm lucky to get 900 proberly. People always expect to pay half of what it was worth especially parts....

BTW spoiler and bonnet was brought only 2-3 months ago

Cheers
Brendan

Go Hard Or Go Home!!!!

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I had a look on my car on carsales and i got an evaluation on how much my car goes for....

4sp Semi-Automatic U Multi-point injected 6cyl 4.0 3984cc
Average Private Price+ $20,900 - $24,300
Trade In Price Guide+ $17,300 - $19,600
Average km+ 40,000 - 50,000
Price When New (RRP)+ $39,575

So i was thinking of puttting it in for $28000???... I would be happy with that.

Go Hard Or Go Home!!!!

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6T

SA, Australia

Hey mate,
I just purchased an XR6 Turbo with less Km's / factory fitted premium sound / new rubber on the rims and 35% tint all round.

cost me $29k

hope this helps you work out what yours is worth.

Cheers,
Adz

"This is FORD country.... Where on a quiet day you can hear the HOLDENS rusting...."

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

i think it looks mad. nice car.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

would i have seen your car at high point shopping centre??i saw one just like it there once and looks way better in person if it was you

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

LMAO yeah it would have been me shopping or getting my hair done, i'm not far from highpoint :lol:....

Also the pics have been reduced dramatically so they aren't so big (file size) so maybe that might be the problem?.. But everyone is entitled to there opinion and it doesn't offend me if they don't like the way the car looks.

The reason why i posted on the forums was to get a rough ball park figure on how much i could sell it for, not for a opinion of how my car looks but thanks for the people that posted that liked the way my car looked CHEERS 8-) 8-) 8-) ...

I think $28000 is a reasonable price¿¿¿

Go Hard Or Go Home!!!!

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF & VTR1000

NSW, Australia

beben wrote:
LMAO yeah it would have been me shopping or getting my hair done, i'm not far from highpoint :lol:....

Also the pics have been reduced dramatically so they aren't so big (file size) so maybe that might be the problem?.. But everyone is entitled to there opinion and it doesn't offend me if they don't like the way the car looks.

The reason why i posted on the forums was to get a rough ball park figure on how much i could sell it for, not for a opinion of how my car looks but thanks for the people that posted that liked the way my car looked CHEERS 8-) 8-) 8-) ...

did u get ur nails done too? haha $25k

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6T

SA, Australia

beben wrote:

I just told you I got an XR6 Turbo with less Kms for 29K and your gonna put yours up for 28K???

You dont want to go too high otherwise no one is gonna bother to look at it. I rekon 26K is where you should be thinking...

"This is FORD country.... Where on a quiet day you can hear the HOLDENS rusting...."

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

XCH45R wrote:
beben wrote:

did u get ur nails done too? haha $25k

Hahaha ah i was about to ask the same thing.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

i reckon your car looks heeps good

Smoke tyres not drugs.

92 EB falcon 4.0L I6.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU Fairmont

WA, Australia

swap you for my AU with everything in it as it is now :P

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways