Fordmods Logo

Idling Issues. Accelerator cable sticking? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Aaron_EL wrote:
Till_Lind; from what i have read in the forums and what i experienced persoanlly, you might need to clean your isc. I had the same problem, so i cleaned the isc and it was running beatifully, until... i took off the throttle body to clean it! and now the problems begin...

Hmmm, think I already did that though, unplugged it and sprayed carby cleaner on it.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:40 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Aaron_EL wrote:
ok, this is driving me insane! spray test didn't work.. taking off the isc and cleaning with crc didn't work. playing around with the angle of the tps (throttle position sensor) didn't work.
tested the idle with isc plug off, it was reving just over 700rpm (on the tacho i.e. didn't test using multimeter). Does that mean i need a new isc? does the isc have any effect on the revs when the engine is warm, i thought its main effect was when the engine is cold?

if its idling at 700 with the isc disconected i would turn down your base idle untill it almost stalls and re connect the isc and see what happens..

the factory manual says that the base idle with the isc disconected is 450-500rpm..
and your isc is operational all the time .
the ecu will raise the idle when you use the aircon ,turn corners (via signal from power steer pressure switch).
also if the ecu senses that the car is going to stall it will bump up the idle aswell.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

SA, Australia

just my input...dont det snarly if u think im wrong but i had this issue 2...i talked 2 a few guys with experience with ef's an i read through a few ford manuals an tuning books to fix mine...th issue is not ur ics or throttle cable or anyhtin, infact u hav no problem at all!!! ef falcons hav a tune in them that is different from any other falcon ever built...its simply the ECU tellin th ics 2 hold revs at 2000rpm to reduce th chance of stalling when cold... an easy way 2 over come it is to unplug ur idle moter an make a flat plate that covers the control ports an bolt it usin th control moter bolts...u hav 2 wind in ur idle stop screw a few turns but u just hav 2 set it where u want it an it will b fine...

hav fun chasin ur tails......

*WARNING*
Small Jap Imports May Be Ingested.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

INDUCT wrote:
just my input...dont det snarly if u think im wrong but i had this issue 2...i talked 2 a few guys with experience with ef's an i read through a few ford manuals an tuning books to fix mine...th issue is not ur ics or throttle cable or anyhtin, infact u hav no problem at all!!! ef falcons hav a tune in them that is different from any other falcon ever built...its simply the ECU tellin th ics 2 hold revs at 2000rpm to reduce th chance of stalling when cold... an easy way 2 over come it is to unplug ur idle moter an make a flat plate that covers the control ports an bolt it usin th control moter bolts...u hav 2 wind in ur idle stop screw a few turns but u just hav 2 set it where u want it an it will b fine...

hav fun chasin ur tails......

Why don't you make a tech document, with like pictures on how to do that? You'd fix the age old problem we've all come to strife with, and be hailed as a hero! lol. If infact what you're saying is true, that is.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

the disconect idea i have done.

i also went as far as leaving it connected with cardboard "solod" gasket in between the isc and throttle.

as of yet i still havnt looked into this issue on my car as its not that annying and i have bigger issues to solve

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Disconecting the isc and reducing the idle speed worked! yeh! :D thanks Troyman for all the help! Wouldn't have thought of it. Has this solution worked for any one else?

Only problem now, is to find what went wrong; do idle screws slowly move with time? Thanks again!

EL Falcon 5sp, body kit, exhaust, trip computer.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2