Fordmods Logo

im 16 and need power 

Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Did you trick him into selling his VN exectutive 6cyl so you had something sick to drive on your L's and you could be the eenvy of your friends? Sorry but that's my perception of you and its not about to change in a hurry.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
EB S-pac wrote:
so your an L plater wanting a fast car. maybe you should just learn to drive 1st. lol

do they have any modifying laws an SA?

na, he'll be right.

listen, you need a stage 6 nitrous wet shot kit with a couple of electric superchargers and one of these ---> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/22-HP-Gain-Intak ... dZViewItem

just dont forget to put your 5 point racing harness on before you drive
I knew an electric charger quote would come up.. just suprised it took so long.

My advise is to do things in an order similar to this..
1. Brakes -good pads and fluid
2. Bushes - Nolathane or rubber just fresh ones is the point here
3. Tyres - Decent rubber not some s**t ling longs or something, better to have cheap mags and good rubber than good mags and cheap rubber.
4. Springs + Shocks - steps 1,2,3 and 4 all make sure your car can handle, more important to stop and handle than go fast.

5. Get the engine to breathe, intake and exhaust, IE CAI extractors exhaust (not 'zorst as some idiot announced, what car do we drive, surely we can speak english correctly. besides there are is only 1 more keystroke to type exhaust as 'zorst)

6. Internals Start looking at cams and other associated items.

7. Stereo gear = weight = slower. keep that in mind. (only marginaly slower though. Avoid Doof doof. if you do have to listen to the Doof get a lancer as a 2nd car for door door listening.)

end of the day its your car develop it anyway you want.. but do it in good taste.

well put

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Pink Lancer On Spinners

VIC, Australia

Your an L plater. Last thing you need is power lol

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR8 Ute

WA, Australia

the more power you've got the more you think you'll be able to do like drifting and s**t.

i'd say just put the exhaust, lower it with some nice rims, and a decent stereo.

thats what i did to my ute whilst is was on my l's

now i've got a xr6 ba =]

good luck man and dont lose your licence the minute you get it.. its not as cool as people say.

XR8 UTE: Low && Loud

Holdens were never designed to turn, brake or accelerate... as long as you can slam in subwoofers and dump it on rims 60% of australias 17-25 yo population are happy

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Power is only good for a few weeks, then ya car feels as slow as it was before and you want to make it faster once again.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR8 Ute

WA, Australia

yeah thats too right aye.

i just dont see why a 16 year old needs more power..

your still learning and your gonna get bumps, dings and godfobid crash.

i wouldnt honestly bother aye, make it look nice but stop there.

XR8 UTE: Low && Loud

Holdens were never designed to turn, brake or accelerate... as long as you can slam in subwoofers and dump it on rims 60% of australias 17-25 yo population are happy

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

my mate bought a vn spac was manual lsd had a few other goodies on his l's neway the day he got his licence he thought he was a fully sick d1 drifter and lost it and hit a brick wall and wrote off his car.

Lesson

Learn to drive proerply before you become a hero.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

As 'ea_falcon' said buying second hand is the best option i reckon. I've bought mostly second hand and it would have saved me lots of money, and there has been no problems with anything.

My cousin in SA got his P's a couple of months ago (he's only 17) and he has already got a speeding fine and a warning and fine for 'hooning' and he still has his P's. If he did this in Melbourne he probably would have lost his license already.

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've seen better thread's die before even half a page is replie posted to!!!!!
what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 98' el

SA, Australia

haha yeah well i was only expecting a couple of posts myself....

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:00 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

dont listen to the people sayiong youll crash into a pole and die.
do like dc_todd said thats a good order, make it look hot, chicks are not into racecars :P and possibly do an advanced drivers course if you wanna put power down, i know its helped me a few times.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Post subject: true
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:23 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

yeah too right mate...as soon as i get my p's i wanted to take one of those,, i think they are the best ideas

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Our mate jonny had a go at me about my earlier comment about him tricking his old man into selling the family s**t box so he had something performance oriented to show off to his mates. He toock it litterally so this is my reply.

I meant your a f**k wanker and most people round here agree with me. Its kind of sad that you haven't even picked up on it. Do 16 year olds really need more power? No they need more f**k hand eye coordination as the only coordination they have mastered is the art of stroking their penises at that age.

Yet you think you can drive a powerful car to within your limits. At your age you haven't even established any limits. And no the limit is not when the car mounts the curb. That's past the limit.

Post subject: goodtimes
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

[quote="xcabbi"]Our mate jonny had a go at me about my earlier comment about him tricking his old man into selling the family s**t box so he had something performance oriented to show off to his mates. He toock it litterally so this is my reply.

I meant your a f**k wanker and most people round here agree with me. Its kind of sad that you haven't even picked up on it. Do 16 year olds really need more power? No they need more f**k hand eye coordination as the only coordination they have mastered is the art of stroking their penises at that age.

Yet you think you can drive a powerful car to within your limits. At your age you haven't even established any limits. And no the limit is not when the car mounts the curb. That's past the limit.[/quote]

mmmm well mate i just dont know why u would say that..sure i realise that having power at my age is kinda over the top,,but i love cars like al yhe guys on this website and 95% of the comments i have recieved have been very helpful,, and thanks too those guys..and when other guys tell me that im going to die speeding,,i listen to them too.

but who said i was going too speed, and who said i was gonna drift? not me.....but yeah cheers to the guys that helped..... and xcabbi like honestly ur point is quite like the other ones telling me to drive safe----except u thought u'd bee cool by using the f*** word and calling me a wanker--hmmm all i can say is goodluck and best wishes

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

dude are you on your rags why the f**k would you say that s**t on the forums asspeualy to a new member ppl like you make othe people leave these forums its just dumb dude to be a 26 year old and talk 2 a 16 year old like that you have just embarrased your self pretty much
and he can do what ever he f**k wants to his car falcons are pretty pissy when tehre stock thats why people do them up 2 get the grunt out im 17 and so are most of my mates and pretty much all of them have jap turbo imports and they are fine with all that power as long as you get use to it there a piss easy car to drive any age
grow up dude ayy

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next