Im begining to hate fords 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Im begining to hate fords
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Is it me or does it seem like a lot of cars with duel fuel set-ups have problems? That's why I never considered it, it just seems more logically that a car that has a more simple set-up will be less prone to problems.

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

You say "hate" and "Ford" in the same sentence, look where you are my friend - of course we're gonna bite! :lol: .
Spare a thought for a friend of mine who recently paid $10K for a 98,000km NL Fairlane with ELGT copies and very tidy indeed, hadn't been driven much in the last four years so instead of driving it and see what happens he spends a bucket load on it, then the s**t starts to happen he now has spent another $11K on it and it is in the shop with suspected bent axles, man HE should hate Fords but he painfully just pays the bill!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBXR6

QLD, Australia

Do you blokes know what the thing connected to the bottom of the air box on gas cars is, because its makin some weird sounds...

Also the car always used a little petrol even when it was in gas before the petrol died. It chewed bugger all gas when it did that. it cost $30 to do 500km now its not getting any where near that.

I just wish this car was like new again because its great to drive, it gets up and goes and its cheap as to run....

lesbian nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced in to weight loss programs..... the turtle is natures suction cap.....

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

not sure about boxcars, but the only thing connected to the bottom of my airbox is the snorkel! :?

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

general maintenance on cars that were made in the 90's is hard to find as most owners just run them to the ground (like the previous owner of my EL and NF that ive had to rescue) they had almost no oil in them everything to do with sparks were screwed belt tensioner and idler were screwed air filters were bogged they had many electrical issues they werent clean at all alot of blown bulbs screwed headlights parts almost falling off door locking issues electric window issues paint that is almost dead and the EL had a MAJOR fuel consumption issue (idk bout u but it shouldnt of been using 48L/100km) luckily all of this is easy to fix with a little know how and now both of them have proven very reliable cars

the only issue left with my NF is drivers side mirror (one on the way) cornering lamps dont work (idk ive tried everything there is no reason for it at all) and the A/C

the EL's only issue is A/C unit doesnt light up (loose wire somewhere)

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Bionic BA MkII XR6

Power: 175 rwkw

WA, Australia

archibald the simple wrote:
Do you blokes know what the thing connected to the bottom of the air box on gas cars is, because its makin some weird sounds...

Also the car always used a little petrol even when it was in gas before the petrol died. It chewed bugger all gas when it did that. it cost $30 to do 500km now its not getting any where near that.

I just wish this car was like new again because its great to drive, it gets up and goes and its cheap as to run....

Could this be the "balance line" ?
Just an air hose

BIONIC 2005 BA Mk2 XR6 - XR8 Snorkle - Typhoon 2nd CAI - K & N Panel Filter - polished BBM intake - polished ceramic coated Pacemaker 4490 headers - Magnaflow 3.5" high flow Cat - Full mandrel stainless exh syst - 4speed SSS -BPT Custom tune - 20% UDrive - XR8 Calipers/rotors - 175 rwkw

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

FFS, don't talk in dollars of fuel or gas....talk in LITRES.....fuel changes price so much, that talkin in dollars is a waste of time.
In my experience, dual fuel is a waste of time & money unless you are a cabbi.
You use more LPG to do a given task than petrol. LPG here is just over 70 cents a litre....and next year, the Govt is goin to tax it just like petrol......then where will you stand????

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:49 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:

FFS, don't talk in dollars of fuel or gas....talk in LITRES.....fuel changes price so much, that talkin in dollars is a waste of time.
In my experience, dual fuel is a waste of time & money unless you are a cabbi.
You use more LPG to do a given task than petrol. LPG here is just over 70 cents a litre....and next year, the Govt is goin to tax it just like petrol......then where will you stand????

Bendigo to Melbourne round trip costs me about 30 bucks on gas and about 60 bucks on fuel... Seems to work ok talking in dollars... Oh and no, I'm not a cabbi.... And yet it also seems to cost me half...

It also seems YOU need to chill out... Even if it costs 70c in QLD and 55c in VIC the difference is a MASSIVE..... Wait for it..... $7.50 per tank!!!! HOLY f**k thats one less woody can you will be able to drink before you bash your wife.

Which would also equate to a just a bit over 25% increase... Meaning his 30 bucks would only get 375kms... Now as we haven't had a massive jump in cost of GAS yet... I think it's safe to say that his chosen unit of measurement is not the issue here.....

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I think our mate here needs to flush out his fuel tank, replace the petrol pump, filter, look into replacing the map, oxy, pcv and a few other pits like vacuum hoses as well.

the car might get a regular servicing with the obvious stuff but over time, sensors and parts becomes perishable.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

My advice is seriously get rid of the car

Once a car hits 200 000km most components start failing and need replacing ie suspension bushes, shocks and struts, ball joints, steering rack, power steering pump and hoses, alternator, air con gas, cooling system, head gasket and so on. High km EB's are prone to oil leaks, oil gets into wiring and plug connectors causes all sorts of problems.

In there day the EB's where a good car but now there getting old and not worth spending money on. My advice is to strip it down and sell the parts, sell the gas set up and anything else that is decent. Did you say car was an XR6 then your laughing. I made over 2k from parts when my EB XR6 electrics went. I got $500 just for the leather wrapped momo steering wheel

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I plugged up a huge crack in the air hose, but still the air box has been modified for the gas system and im not convinced they did the best job sealing it back up.

The funny thing is I got rid of my AUII XR6 because the gas was cheaper, but with all the repairs I have paid for I reckon Ive not saved a cent LOL

The gas system was installed when the car was new... God knows if any components have been replaced.

Thats it ive got a roll of sticky tape and inspiration in my heart, time to tinker and see what I can do.

lesbian nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced in to weight loss programs..... the turtle is natures suction cap.....

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ELboy wrote:
My advice is seriously get rid of the car

Once a car hits 200 000km most components start failing and need replacing ie suspension bushes, shocks and struts, ball joints, steering rack, power steering pump and hoses, alternator, air con gas, cooling system, head gasket and so on. High km EB's are prone to oil leaks, oil gets into wiring and plug connectors causes all sorts of problems.

In there day the EB's where a good car but now there getting old and not worth spending money on. My advice is to strip it down and sell the parts, sell the gas set up and anything else that is decent. Did you say car was an XR6 then your laughing. I made over 2k from parts when my EB XR6 electrics went. I got $500 just for the leather wrapped momo steering wheel

Mines an 1994 ED fairmont. I miss my EBXR6 never let me down but as you say it was getting a bit rough around the edges. After that I got the AUII XR6 which I loved the look but it just wasnt as good in a lot of ways.

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

you'd hate my car then.I have spent roughly 5-6 grand on my car in 2 and a half years of ownership.s**t happens.When they run they are good cars.As everyone said old car = problems.Then again new car can equal problems too

I have not failed.I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Edison

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Yeah as a mechanic i see it every day people spending big $'s on old cars like EA's that would be worth $100. Iv owned EA 's' pack, EB fairmont, EB II fairmont ghia, EB II XR6, NC fairlane and still have my EL fairmont ghia. As soon as things start playing up i just get rid of them normally wreck them and sell the parts. Every ford iv owned except my EL cost no more then 5k had over 200k on clock with no service history they would only last a year or two. 4 years ago i got sick of buying crap cars so saved 15k for something decent, looked at over 100 cars all the BA's i looked at then had high K's and wasn't a big fan of AU. Came across an EL fairmont ghia for $13 000 it had just over 60 000km the leather was like new car looked brand new had only 1 owner a real old guy had full log book service history with all receipts. I ended paying $10 000 cash and in the 4yrs iv had car have had not one single problem, only had to replaced battery front rotors and pads tyres and a tail light globe. Car has done 136 000 now i do all the servicing, do my own safety check every 6months. There is not one oil leak motor is spotless, just proves you get what you pay for. A lot of people told me i got ripped off paying 10k, for 4yrs of hassle free motoring its dirt cheap

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

It will be a long time before I replace my ED Falcon. 125,XXX kms.

Attachments:
IMGP5254.JPG
IMGP5254.JPG [ 385.11 KiB | Viewed 112 times ]
IMGP5255.JPG
IMGP5255.JPG [ 423.61 KiB | Viewed 120 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next