Fordmods Logo

improving my xr6 n/a ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: improving my xr6 n/a ute
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon/BA XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

hey everyone, first time post :D ive been reading posts on this since i got my ute and its helped me heaps,but recently i blew my diff :( today me and my dad took off the cover plate to see the damage, cracked a chip off the planetary gears.and i found out it was lsd :( so my question is, what diff do i go for? what im thinkin is a 2006 bf lsd diff, i heard they are stronger? i am also lookin to convert it to turbo or supercharge later so i want a diff that will handle the extra power when it comes lol.
ps reason im not just selling and buying a turbo is it was a cheap gift from my brother and i just love this ute and couldnt sell it even if she blew on me. lol

Post subject: Re: improving my xr6 n/a ute
Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA 03 XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

it all depends on who you get it done with. i blew my diff. so i rang around different places until i found someone with the diff i wanted and they said that they can have my ute back up and running the very next day. and they kept their word $2,250 later good as new..

Mods: ECB nudge bar, GME uhf, air compressor train horn set, tinted windows, striker 170 lightforce lights

Mods to come: air brush art, new exhast system, tyres and rims,

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

If you want it to handle forced induction, you're going to need to go M86 rear assembly. It's not only expensive, but also quite hard to come by. You can find the diffs no problems, but finding the entire assembly + tailshaft etc is the hard part. Also, if you're going forced induction, maybe look at a stronger gearbox too.

Best bet is to find a BA/BF XR6T that's been smashed, and try to barter the price for the gearbox, tailshaft and rear assembly. All up, they'll cost you around $3,000 if you're lucky.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon/BA XR6 ute

NSW, Australia

Yea, i just dropped the diff off to the shop to get a couple of quotes, to change the original single spinner to 4.11 diff set up and to change it to a lsd 4 pinion. i know its not going to be cheap for the second quote. i was looking at a shop that sold 9 inch diff with 4.11 ratio for $3300. ive also looked around for some gearboxes and yea ill be lucky to find a decent one for $3000:P with the forced induction, thats gunna be a couple of years away so for now i think im going to just do little add ons, plus a couple visual mods. hopefully the car will be on the road again and ready for some visuals(: ps ive found a website from america for quickshifters for around $150 posted! reviews been good but jw if anyone here has changed and is the difference really worth it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]