Induction 

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Induction
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: bf falcon 6cyl

Power: 180 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Own a BF falcon 6cyl N/A. Have acheived 180rwk and 444nm with full exhaust tune and induction only. currently using the SS inductions bigmouth setup. Changing to a pod filter style. Whats the best way to go. Looked at the growler by SS inductions and also one through herrod. Any ideas??

Post subject: Re: Induction
Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Are you sure that it is the intake that is the restriction? it can only use so much air, and the system you have seems pretty good

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Oh just after a little induction noise mainly , dont really like the setup. having a pod may get a little more throttle response.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK Pod will give you that but make sure its getting cold air still not hot engine bay air, I use a K&N filter and it sounded better than stock too!

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Nice mate, 180 isnt too bad at all, is urs auto or manual, 6sp or 4 spd?

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

5 speed manual. Most of the power is in the torque i think. Suprises a few cars. wouldnt mind gettin in the 200 rwk's. Would like to no an easy and effective way of achieving this.

Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

I just bought an Autotecnica pod setup with a black stainless steel box that goes towards the passenger headlight off a mate for $100 second hand after only a month of use (he paid $180 but he's got a mate working there so I'm not sure of RRP).
Since I installed it I've defiantly noticed that the car does have a bit more pick up than it did, but it's only slight. The sound is amazing. Gave my whole engine a much deeper note when reving which I love and when cruising on high revs you can hear the pod sucking, kind of sounds like a vacuum cleaner lol :D.

Assuming that RRP is around $250-300 that's still a lot cheaper than a Big Mouth or Growler Kit yet it does the exact same thing that SS Inductions claim their products do. You should defiantly look in to it.

Jova.

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:08 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

want power get cam. playing with autobarn bolt-ons can only take you so far. and a pod filter will make you look like an egg. N/A motor, cams all the way. if you are already at 188 at the bags, a mild cam and tune will surely push you on past 200, and will be much more fun and sound tougher too

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

i'm glad my car doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner. standard au's sound like vacum cleaners imo.
my ea sounded like it would suck small animals into the brake air dam but never sounded like a vacuum cleaner :P
pods aren't bad when their boxed and ducted properly. better value than a K&N panel filter.

cams ftw.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

yeah i was thinking a cam, but dont really no much in that department. brands and wat cam??? wat else is involved wen a cam is installed?? my oldman is a mechanic so he should be able to help me out. I have had a pod on my car in the past, didnt have no box though. just wanted to see wat it sounded like. i have a full stainless HERROD system and sounds really good. Not like that drowning crap from exhaust shops who just make them up to there preferance.

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:09 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Pod filters will give better throttle response and may help to limit the effects of drive by wire throttle body response lag???

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
pods aren't bad when their boxed and ducted properly. better value than a K&N panel filter.cams ftw.

Why are pods better they are made from the same material as many other filter mediums, and to go the the expense and hassle of fitting them inside the airbox when you can simply replace your element with a more free flowing one makes no sense to me or are they made from an exclusive pod only material? I paid only eighty bucks delivered for my K&N panel.

XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

i never said they were better, just better value considering how over-priced panel filters are. according to k&n their pods do flow better than panels but this also depends heavilly on the arrangement i feel.Also people usually do their intake duct while they're at it so theres more chance of it making an improvement. i installed a standard K&N pod in my au in about 15 minutes, it's not difficult at all. it fits fine, just not off the standard intake.

personally, mostly because of the price of the panel filter i put in my bf, completely retarded any expectations i had of it. not that they perform much better than a paper filter anyway. i paid about $100 for my panel to and $140 for the pod, which is why i wasn't impressed.

and in answer to your statement of them being the same medium, standard and cheap (read: SCA) filters use a porous paper type media intended for dry use while K&N use a cotton like media intended to be oiled for extra filtration & water protection... you wouldn't use a paper element in an off road racer would you ? or when you have a intake in the front bar it also helps stop water mist entering or degrading the filter.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Made the decision, gonna put it up for sale. Wat yous think youd be a fair price. 48000 k's, excellent condition. manual, xr8 18" mags. full ss exhaust, tint, tune, induction, cruise, xr seats , premium sound, leather steering wheel. well looked after. so wat would be a fair price cheers

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '07 BF XR6 MKII

VIC, Australia

Simba86 wrote:
Made the decision, gonna put it up for sale. Wat yous think youd be a fair price. 48000 k's, excellent condition. manual, xr8 18" mags. full ss exhaust, tint, tune, induction, cruise, xr seats , premium sound, leather steering wheel. well looked after. so wat would be a fair price cheers

07 mkII? sunroof? 5 or 6 speed? paint and interior mickey condition? id say dont go less than atleast $22,000. a mate just sold his 06 bf, 6sp manual, exhaust, lowered, no other extras except for a chipped diff gear with loose lsd :twisted:, still on the stock 17s for just under $17,000 cash no roady or rego

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next