Intake mods for EL 4L 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Intake mods for EL 4L
Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

sorry mate, just the snorkel... I have bigger plans for an airbox. I have a custom front bar sitting in my shed waiting for finishing and I'm going to build a giant airbox into that that picks up air from the XR grill to feed the motor.. at that point I'll move my new snorkel to the wifes EF.

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:
sorry mate, just the snorkel... I have bigger plans for an airbox. I have a custom front bar sitting in my shed waiting for finishing and I'm going to build a giant airbox into that that picks up air from the XR grill to feed the motor.. at that point I'll move my new snorkel to the wifes EF.

sounds sweet, snorkel is a decent upgrade for the price, only thing is it sits a bit further back than the stock one

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Chargd wrote:
frankieh wrote:

sounds sweet, snorkel is a decent upgrade for the price, only thing is it sits a bit further back than the stock one

It only sits back further if you are not pushing hard enough. :-)

Interesting... if I were going to keep this setup indefinately, I'd probably take the heat gun to it and make some shape changes... there is room for more improvement in this but it's massive compared to the one I had.

Havn't noticed much diff in performance TBH, but I suspect that this is because the restriction in my system is the Gas mixer not the intake. To that end, I bought one of these too.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BLOS-Propane-Carburetor-LPG-Carb-Mixer-Better-Performance-and-Mileage-/221027429095?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item337642eae7

Should be here in a few days.. can't wait to see how much difference I get from the whole kit.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3