Fordmods Logo

Intake piping. EF VS EL 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL II XR8

Power: 146 rwkw

SA, Australia

comes down to what look u want.. unless your a car enthusiast obsessed with every little kilowatt, you most likey got a hi-flow cat kinda person, then the EL pipe is your life partner, if not you wont notice the difference.

EL II XR8 - project powerdyne.
www.modfordclub.proboards101.com
www.mumbo.com.au

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

How much does it cost for the EL tubing? I Got no idea if i can buy em down here but what about from Ford parts center, what would they charge for something like that?

If i could get one real cheap then i would do it straiight away lol. This stupid intake pipe thingy thats on my XR6 atm cant be doing much good :roll:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Wagon, ph34r!

WA, Australia

Performance be damned, the EF piping is much nicer to look at than the EL

:lol:

Team Argon Silver

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

True, EF looks better to me, or i was gonna go a mandrel bend pipe, chrome or painted - shexy!

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

Yeah, True, I've just got both intake sitting here at the moment... so I was just wondering what is better ...

As said before, the EF one looks better, But the EL one is more direct, Maybe I should have them both of the car and run the air compressor though them, see what one tents to flow the best ... Or get the most air out of it .

Another idea i had in mind was, seeing that the EF has the two pipes, was making to seperate filters for them ... dunno how I'd go about doing that, but it was just a thought ..

The EF intake piping I i've got come with my EF XR6 Motor, from a car a mate and I wrecked together only had 24hrs to do it (picked up from the auctions) But the Tickford badge had been removed from the top of the intake piping ...

Are those stickers/plates still available from ford anymore? ... If I get a pick of the intake piping, you'll know what I mean, It its on top of the 'computer torque control' plastic writing ..

Post subject: PIPING
Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: XT

VIC, Australia

The EL one is better for a Fact. The EF has two big pipes that go to the T/B so the air would take longer to get there. the EL one is more directed the air has less travel to get to the T/B

BA XT. 20'' BSA rims ss induction. in car entertainment.

Post subject: Re: PIPING
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

EBWPN wrote:
The EL one is better for a Fact. The EF has two big pipes that go to the T/B so the air would take longer to get there. the EL one is more directed the air has less travel to get to the T/B

It doesnt matter how long it takes for the air to reach the TB its a matter of charge heating and restriction. Do a simple study in fluid dynamics and you will see that sharper bends cause more turbulence and a detrimental to gas flow than smoother bends. Therefore the EF piping with its smaller higher gas velocity twin pipes will actually provide less restriction than the bigger EL sharp bending sister. That being said, Ford wouldnt have got it wrong by using the newer sharp bending piping and the only conclusion that i can come to is a matter of charge heating due to the EF one over the rocker cover.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2