Fordmods Logo

interior light fuse, car wouldnt start!!!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: interior light fuse, car wouldnt start!!!!!
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh falcon ute

NSW, Australia

im not sure if this is common knowledge for you fmods blokes but i thought i would share the experience that i just had, i wouldnt want anyone to try and have to diagnose this sort of problem.

i have a 97 xh 4.0 , (im a 3rd yr aprentice and not bad with falcon stuff)
it wouldnt start yesterday morning , it had no spark, so i treated like i normally would at work and fitted a spare coil , still no spark, next , dummy fitted a dizzy, when turning the new dizzy that i plugged in, the coil should spark if it was a fault , still no spark, next a changed the ecu , still nothing, i plugged a test light into the wires the power the primary side of the coil. i was getting power but it was not switching . this lead me to believe that the dizzy was to blame again, i screwed around a bit but still had no spark.i had checked all the important fuses and swapped all the relays with ones off my spare ute , still nothing , all the lumes and wires were fine.

rang my boss , who is like a god at this stuff.after a while on the phone , i discovered that the smart lock light on the dash wasnt flashing, (i'd figured the smartlock was fine, because it still cranked, no crank normally points to smartlock). when i told him this he said check you interior light fuse. i was like "what the f**k, it seems irrelivent" . anyhow , his thoughts were correct, the fuse was blown for the light, which he said is also a fuse for part of the smartlock. swapped the fuse with a blinker fuse or something and boom! started like a dream ! holy crap it was the hardest thing i have ever had to diagnose, any i didnt even come up with the answer myself.

im sure there are many e series out there that have been deemed DEAD because of a simple interior light fuse ,

i hope this helps someone out there , what a s**t afternoon i had cause of a interior light fuse !!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: interior light fuse, car wouldnt start!!!!!
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:19 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

pretty common, apparently on some if the bulbs blows the same thing happens. do a search but it called the CRT fuse from memory

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

might use it as my imobiliser, for when its parked on the street , just take the fuse out , no thief will ever get it started !

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Its common knowledge. I though it would have been smart to quickly check all fuses rather than start replacing s**t?
BEM/BCM (smartlock computer) is fused through the CRT (interior) fuse, as you've found out.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:30 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

i checked all the fuses that i thought were important lol, and relays , actually the second thing i did after i chucked my spare coil in . we keep a spare coil at work cause the play up that often.hat

only started replacing s**t cause i have that stuff spare , from a wrecked car i own

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Yeh, oh well, hopefully you're learnt to check all the fuses first, as its the easiest job lol.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]