Fordmods Logo

Is any on running a 977B cam with an auto?? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Is any on running a 977B cam with an auto??
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 312

Joined: 4th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU XR8 220 Series 2

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

As subject says, sorry to keep asking q's about cams but i couldn't much info about running this cam with an auto.

Just want know if someone is running it, what its like to drive etc.

Dyno figures would be great. :) :)

My real prob is im struggling to pick either a Wade 1636, 977B or the CMS Stage 2 Auto cam. :?

Id like to know which is best for and street/daily driver application, i know most will say get the 1636 cam, but yeh thoughts??

Cheers

Clinto

 

_________________

EB 1 Fairmont - SOLD
BA XR6 MKII - KIA
AU 2 XR8 220 - Stock - Silhouette, 5spd man.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

the 977B wouldn't be reccomended for auto. I just got a 1671AU which is a EA-EL 1673 grind (one up from the 1636) I have an auto aswell. The cam isn't recommenod for an auto, but i want to try it. (I'm getting a unichip so it can be tuned proply) The 977B wont suit an auto at all and you will loose to much downlow. Id go for a 1673 if you want the best possible cam you can go with and use your auto still. People have the 1673 with an auto but it dosn't idle that great.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:51 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 312

Joined: 4th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU XR8 220 Series 2

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
the 977B wouldn't be reccomended for auto. I just got a 1671AU which is a EA-EL 1673 grind (one up from the 1636) I have an auto aswell. The cam isn't recommenod for an auto, but i want to try it. (I'm getting a unichip so it can be tuned proply) The 977B wont suit an auto at all and you will loose to much downlow. Id go for a 1673 if you want the best possible cam you can go with and use your auto still. People have the 1673 with an auto but it dosn't idle that great.


Cheers man, i think i was talking to u last wed nite on the cruise up dandy, yeh ppl been telling me it aint good running a 977B with an auto i thought the 977b was the same as the 1673 :oops:

My idles screwed anyway LOL!!, would you recomend getting it tuned with a unichip, there like a grand arent they??

Trying to keep it within my budget :(

 

_________________

EB 1 Fairmont - SOLD
BA XR6 MKII - KIA
AU 2 XR8 220 - Stock - Silhouette, 5spd man.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2515

Joined: 27th Mar 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

if you get a higher stall and diff gears changed 977B will be good, but stock ratio and stall would be slower than with a smaller cam.

I dunno if uni chip works better than that capa eliminator chip, but from memory they were only $650+ tuning (I'm not sure of any downsides/comparison between the 2).

 

_________________

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1221

Joined: 11th Nov 2007

Ride: f6 rspec

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

i got the 1673 running in an ef fairmont ghia auto, and it makes nice power, would be better with 4.11 gears though..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

commandojones wrote:
GeZza200 wrote:
the 977B wouldn't be reccomended for auto. I just got a 1671AU which is a EA-EL 1673 grind (one up from the 1636) I have an auto aswell. The cam isn't recommenod for an auto, but i want to try it. (I'm getting a unichip so it can be tuned proply) The 977B wont suit an auto at all and you will loose to much downlow. Id go for a 1673 if you want the best possible cam you can go with and use your auto still. People have the 1673 with an auto but it dosn't idle that great.


Cheers man, i think i was talking to u last wed nite on the cruise up dandy, yeh ppl been telling me it aint good running a 977B with an auto i thought the 977b was the same as the 1673 :oops:

My idles screwed anyway LOL!!, would you recomend getting it tuned with a unichip, there like a grand arent they??


Trying to keep it within my budget :(


Oh yep sweet you with the one with the loud as EB? yeah i went to Wade an spoke to Chris. The 1673 has more torque downlow then the 977B and pretty much the same up top maybe a little less. But the 977B would be miles to laggy for our long a** 1st gear. So 1673 is best bet.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 312

Joined: 4th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AU XR8 220 Series 2

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Yep thats me an my EB LOL!!, its not that loud is it??

I have only 3.45s so i dont think would be low enough to benefit from the 977B as benfited but the 1673 sound good, ive gotta go up n get my spare ef cam first.

Cheers guys :D

 

_________________

EB 1 Fairmont - SOLD
BA XR6 MKII - KIA
AU 2 XR8 220 - Stock - Silhouette, 5spd man.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 659

Joined: 14th Apr 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

Location: Ferntree Gully
VIC, Australia

Lots of PPL using a 977B with Autos around but they start making power around 2500 to 3000rpm depending on what diffa ratio you have

You dont get the Jerk you would off the start line :( with a 1673

 

_________________

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 2563

Joined: 19th Feb 2007

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

Location: Lilydale
VIC, Australia

977B would be s**t download on an auto, only way it would go good if it had 3.9 or 4.11's in it. A stock cam would beat it off the line and probly back of before they even got to catch.

 

_________________

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 1775

Joined: 10th Jul 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

Location: Waurn Ponds
VIC, Australia

FORDom wrote:
i got the 1673 running in an ef fairmont ghia auto, and it makes nice power, would be better with 4.11 gears though..


where does it come on i the rev range? does it still feel like its building above 4k rpm? Ive got 3.89's, recently had some 4480's (the old 38mm variety) and 2.5inch exhaust put on, and they dont feel like they are doing much, since whenever i drop to overtake its over 3.5k rpm, and pretty much outside the stock cams range.

 

_________________

enough isn't enough

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
cron

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names