Fordmods Logo

Is holden T5 same as Ford T5 gearbox??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Is holden T5 same as Ford T5 gearbox???
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon EF Futura 5 Speed

NSW, Australia

Hey people just trying to work out if the holden T5 gearbox is the same as the Ford T5 gearbox, now i know the bell housings are different, but what I'm after is the input shaft sleeve that the release bearing sits on, i need to know if they are the same on holden and ford T5 as Ford is charging $250 for theirs and holden is only charging $150, I talked to the guys at holden but they aren't sure, i think they are the same i just wants some other peoples opinions, by the way the T5 is out of a 94 EF falcon which is equivalent to the VR commodore.

Post subject: Re: Is holden T5 same as Ford T5 gearbox???
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

LOWRIDEN_FAMILY_GUY wrote:
Hey people just trying to work out if the holden T5 gearbox is the same as the Ford T5 gearbox, now i know the bell housings are different, but what I'm after is the input shaft sleeve that the release bearing sits on, i need to know if they are the same on holden and ford T5 as Ford is charging $250 for theirs and holden is only charging $150, I talked to the guys at holden but they aren't sure, i think they are the same i just wants some other peoples opinions, by the way the T5 is out of a 94 EF falcon which is equivalent to the VR commodore.

Hi there, all VN/VR and maybe VS used a T5 gearbox .... but they are pretty much the same box, but the holden version has a bigger input shaft, and some of the ratios might be different, but really inside they are all the same, a VR T5 will not bolt up to an e-series bellhousing.

BANNED!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]