Fordmods Logo

IT'S PERFORMANCE ENGINE DEVELOPMENTS 

Page 23 of 26 [ 380 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:13 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

Ture I often leaeveout the important facts... Yeah I was after the Stage 3PS engine. I just need to know how long it takes to do the swap.

These prices fro these engines are awsome.

Is there any other mods that i would need to do, I on a EFXR6.

And the only mods I will have by then which is as soon as Iam back in OZ will be intake and headers and exaughst.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF XR6

QLD, Australia

mmmm, that stage 3ps looks nice

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:57 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Yeah I know I cant wait to get it under my bonnet...

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

yeah the 3ps is nice had mine done a few months back and love it marks a top bloke and knows what hes on about
im pritty shure he dose a swap in a day or 2 but to rebuild yours depending on how much work he has on about 2 weeks i think.
he dosnt come online all that often and hes in the middle of moveing so if your serious bout it ide be calling him

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Yeah i prob give him a ring as soon as I get back witch should be early next week... xr Rob do you have the 3PS...???

Was it worth every cent or what.. what car do you have considering you are in the ACT and so am I...

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

estgonXR6 wrote:
Yeah i prob give him a ring as soon as I get back witch should be early next week... xr Rob do you have the 3PS...???

Was it worth every cent or what.. what car do you have considering you are in the ACT and so am I...
i have the stage 4 n i can give the thumbs up.... nice n powerful,fuel efficient...

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

estgonXR6 wrote:

Robbo certainly has the ITS Stage 3 PS....goes hard as.... Hes runing a series 1 EF XR6 Manual.....Should see if Rob can take u for a spin in a week or so cause his cars getting some work done to it this week n next....so tee up with him to go for a ride and see what u think :) can recommend Mark tho hes a top dude and knows his s**t when it come to falcon 4ltrs

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: BA XR6 turbo

ACT, Australia

estgonXR6 wrote:

yeah as kev said ef xr6 i love it it hasnt finnished running in and opening up yet but its great

If you think life is bad. Imagine being a egg...you only get laid once, you only get smashed once and the only bird that sits on your face is your mum!

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Mondeo XR5T

Power: 173 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

Mark is in the process of moving house and will not have an internet connection for about 10 days.

Any questions can be directed to him on his mobile 0415 727 951.

Also the "Clown Mobile is for sale", anyone interested :twisted: Give him a call.

Shugg

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, (first time poster here).

Some background info: About 15 months ago I purchased a 6cyl '94 EF Fairmont Ghia (a far better ride than my old XD :) ). After a month of cruising around, it blew a head gasket. I got that fixed, and just recently I had it serviced and they said they noticed some oil 'bubbling' out from the head gasket (Nooo, not again!).

Anyways, instead of spending a grand or so getting it fixed again, I thought one of Mark's engines would be a great improvement for not much more. I feel I need a bit more grunt too.

I plan on keeping the standard 4sp auto, and I already have a 2.5" exhaust on it, and was thinking about getting the Stage 3PS.

I should probably be asking Mark these questions, but I just want to get some info before taking plunge.

- Will the Stage 3PS suit my setup with the standard auto?
- If I do the swap, do I need to get it blue-slipped, or can I drive-in and drive-away?
- What sort of affect on insurance premiums have others noticed with these kinds of mods?

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: xh falcon ute

ACT, Australia

wow talk about a nice long read but it has got me excited, time for another refinnance i think, i would like 2 know how the stage 3ps goes so would like 2 know when the canberra mob r meeting up so i can come have a look, its time 2 seriously start throwing some bux into the ute

negelecting my ute to ride my two wheeled rockets

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

DaisyMaestro wrote:
- Will the Stage 3PS suit my setup with the standard auto?

Yep. A manual box is obviously alot better but the auto will be fine

Quote:
- If I do the swap, do I need to get it blue-slipped, or can I drive-in and drive-away?

You'll need to get a blue slip at some stage if you plan to sell the car because the engine numbers won't match. That said you don't need it to pass rego and I still haven't gotten around to doing the blue slip a year later on mine.

Quote:
- What sort of affect on insurance premiums have others noticed with these kinds of mods?

It's all internal work so they'd never know :wink:
If you're gonna go a stage 3PS you'd atleast want to have extractors too, so that'd probably be your biggest insurance issue.

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU XR6 / XB 351 sedan

NSW, Australia

Quote:

It comes down to :

1 - They will cover you at no extra cost
2 - You might pay more for insurance coz of it
3 - they won't cover you

You're best to ring round to see how each company treats their mods.

Waiting for tax time and more turbo bits to purchase

Dynosheet 16/04/05

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:02 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

For tickford 6, how much should i pay for cam swap, drive in drive out, labour and all??

EL Fairmont Ghia, extractors, 2.5 inch system, high flow cat, K&N panel filter, AUXR Snorkel, 3.45diff 0-100km/h 6.9secs

SS COMMODORE LS1 282rwkw, awesome power

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
For tickford 6, how much should i pay for cam swap, drive in drive out, labour and all??

pm brad mate (Tickford_6) shouldnt really post it here

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 26  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next