Fordmods Logo

JIM MOCK MOTORSPORT 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

So far 5 people have mentioned RPD, does anyone with RPD products have a timeslip to match JMM?

From recent results surecam are the way to go.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:11 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I think there'll be a few RPD equipped cars runnng at the upcoming Vic drag day, hopefully some manual ones.
Dev3HL equipped monster 'EDGHIA' won't be there, so the NA6 category is blown wide open... :lol:

But I agree, times are thin on the ground for RPD cars, especially serious ones.

Anyone with a surecam ran 13's with an *E-Series* yet? :lol:
Just kidding, they are looking the goods at the minute.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

I got a better idea, sell it and buy an 8... takes sweet FA to get a 5.0 rockin, with a 6 you're very limited.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Walker wrote:
I got a better idea, sell it and buy an 8... takes sweet FA to get a 5.0 rockin, with a 6 you're very limited.
but thats like throwing a heap of cash at a NA 4 litre and running 13-14s.... and being right up there with some of the quickest in the country... or running a v8 and throwwing a heap at it to be running with the big boys in the 10-12 second bracket... so "MEH" either way.. each to their own..

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:43 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I've run a 14.79 at eastern creek with the RPD R-spec 3 cam. Sorry time slip was lost in the recent move.. but shouldbe back out soon. I have been spending more time on circuit than strip though.. lap times at the creek are now down to 1.58.10 flats.. that pretty quick..

so yeah figures are out there for you.. take from them wha you will.. its only ¼ mile stuff.. pretty boring. thats part of the reason why I am taking so long to get out again..

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:26 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I had no problem with Jim or Bredan the gear worked there was plenty of help and i paid and it arrived in a couple of days. i would recommend them as people who know their falcons 100%

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
Walker wrote:
but thats like throwing a heap of cash at a NA 4 litre and running 13-14s.... and being right up there with some of the quickest in the country... or running a v8 and throwwing a heap at it to be running with the big boys in the 10-12 second bracket... so "MEH" either way.. each to their own..

Sorry mate but that doesn't make a lot of sense!

Can't beat the sound and feel of an 8, a 6 will never cut that side of it... No matter how quick it is.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:32 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

I beg to differ - getting a 5L to move costs WAAAAY more than a more streetable I6...sure the 8 has more scope / potential, but a high 13 sec N/A 6 is more daily / streetable (in relative comparison to quicker 8's).

We all know the I6 motor reaches its threshold alot sooner than the V8s...but the satisfaction of knowing you're 6 banger is working at its full potential, beats the V8 guy with a "mild" setup who will always be thinking or wondering of what it would be like to go that bit wilder.

I will admit, 6cyl exhausts ALL sound s**t - nothing beats the sound of a V8...302s sound great and always will IMHO. Care factor for bragging rights - but getting a 302 running 10's is going to set you back huge coin - I know there's a bloke on AFF who stripped down a T3 motor, rebuilt from the bottom up with all the best stuff etc and has run a bill up of close to $15K I think...making near 300 rwkw N/A...but yeah - we get the drift.

Sorry for O/T :oops:...in short, JMM were one of the first to un-tap (well more-so market) the I6 motor on a large(r) commercial scale, however there are plenty of other places that are doing the same (and even better) for cheaper ; undercutting JMM prices.

Shop around and don't let JMM sweet talk you into a deal before you have done your homework.

Nothing personal against JMM, once upon a time I had work done by them - full credit to their R&D and proving themselves down the quarter etc - unfortunately they have little control over the rest of the market.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Quote:
...don't let JMM sweet talk you...

Dont have to worry too much about that happening

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2