JIM MOCK MOTORSPORT 

Page 4 of 5 [ 64 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: JIM MOCK MOTORSPORT
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

I'm making 144 rwkw ( 193 rwhp ) in my ED.....using an EA head ( home ported & polished ), std EA cam ( no vernier fitted ), Pacie 4480's, homemade CAT and exhaust ( as loud as a std EF/EL XR6 exhaust ), a 3" pod and EA intake hose, a Moristech Sequential Intercepter ( piggy back ) supplied by JMM....tuned by seat of the pants.....still needs to be leaned off a little.....be good for another 5 or so kw's.
I was having trouble with the program supplied by JMM....they didn't really want to help, they got their $1,190.....I ended up figuring it out myself, worked out the program doesn't like anything else on the laptop ( not a size issue...RAM, ROM, kHz, etc )....just doesn't want to share, so I have a laptop now with nothing on it except for the JMM program and Windows XP to run it.
I would've paid them a visit, but over 2,000km's is a long way to go to get answers or cold shoulder.
Anyway...you's be the judge.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
Dan, yeah bfturb, the old EVLFRD, ~168rwkw with a Dev5, fresh EL XR6 motor, mild portwork done by the machine shop that did all the machining, stock EL XR6 ECU, no chip.
14.2@~99mph

I had a Dev3HL for a long time too, was great, I loved it.
Previous to my car it was in a manual converted ED Ghia (EDGHIA).
14.6 @ ~96mph
Their s**t works, regardless of whether you get along with Brendan/Jim.
Anyone who says it doesn't work is clueless.

haha at 13.7 being close to 13.1... 6 tenths is a long way in drag racing.
see how grechie goes if he pulls his seats out(which now constitutes the whole car being stripped apparently :lol:)
suspension was nothing tricky, brendan told everyone what he did.
stock springs, AU ex-taxi front shocks or some s**t, and he played around with the rear upper arm position to get instant centres right.
13.1 was with the transbraked auto too from memory, it was 13.3 with the manual.

that s**t is ancient history BTW, and still no C*** has caught him :lol:

Brendon told me it was au fairmont suspension with the sway bars removed.

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

well after i thought of going with the idea of a VCT HEADED ED MOTOR the only play i new that did VCT cams was JMM and from what i quoted was reasonable ( AT THE END OF THE DAY PERFORMANCE IS NOT CHEAP you can have it cheap but it dont last long and you spend more to fix it eventually its not cheap either way you look at it ) and after i asked more and more questions my original quote went from 1700 dollars to almost 4k after hearing that i decided to just do what i had to do so that i could bolt a turbo on my motor at a later date with the money i was going to spend with JMM to make 170rwkw = $4000 i could use that and turn $4000 into 250+rwkw on a snort turbo kit and soon as i said that it was alot of money to spend to get the 170rwkw mark and i said it would be better to go turbo it was like he didnt even want to talk because i was thinking of spending my money elseware sad but true ive never heard anything good about them

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: R34 GTR

VIC, Australia

So did u get the Turbo-Cam from JMM??

Id say JMM have the best Cams for the 4.0 motors.

LUMPY-6

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

no i decided completely against going through JMM at all im going to get my turbo cam through Wade as they seem to be pretty good ive gotten 2 cams through them so far and never had a problem with them but will be disconnecting the VCT once i get the Turbo installed as the turbo its self will have more that double the torque of the VCT and just get a Billet ground turbo cam ( yeah i know ill be waiting till at least mid year) for my setup

JMM dont want to know you unless they have your money in there hand and after you walk out that door they dont want to know if you have any problems

the way i see it, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere that is going to want to sort out any problems (if they occur) and fix them

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Wade = Win

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
well after i thought of going with the idea of a VCT HEADED ED MOTOR the only play i new that did VCT cams was JMM and from what i quoted was reasonable ( AT THE END OF THE DAY PERFORMANCE IS NOT CHEAP you can have it cheap but it dont last long and you spend more to fix it eventually its not cheap either way you look at it ) and after i asked more and more questions my original quote went from 1700 dollars to almost 4k after hearing that i decided to just do what i had to do so that i could bolt a turbo on my motor at a later date with the money i was going to spend with JMM to make 170rwkw = $4000 i could use that and turn $4000 into 250+rwkw on a snort turbo kit and soon as i said that it was alot of money to spend to get the 170rwkw mark and i said it would be better to go turbo it was like he didnt even want to talk because i was thinking of spending my money elseware sad but true ive never heard anything good about them

snort must have just had a major
price drop if you think your going to get one of their kits on and running for 4k

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ebxr82nv wrote:
EDXR6-Poly wrote:

price drop if you think your going to get one of their kits on and running for 4k

Turbo Kits- Ford Falcon EA-AU

New Release Stage 3 Turbo Kit ( 200-350+rwkw)

Base Turbo Kit Features:
1 x full custom s/steel tuned length turbo manifold
1 x 50mm external wastegate
1 x Garrett gt40 turbocharger (rated over 650hp)
1 x super billet b.o.v
1 x boost reference fuel regulator
1 x front mount intercooler (core size 600x300x76)
3 inch s/steel dump pipe with o2 sensor bung
1 x 2 inch s/steel screamer pipe (from wastegate)
Teflon braided oil feed lines, vclamps, oil sender t
Teflon oil drain lines gaskets and fittings
4 inch pod intake pipe & pod filter
Price: $3999.00 + $125.00 shipping

All items are brand new and covered by 12 month manufacturer warranty.

plus pipe work ? another 300 bucks still around the 4k mark not including tune and injectors

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: R34 GTR

VIC, Australia

I rang Jim and was asking some specific technical questions about his cams n so forth. He seemed quite happy to talk to me..... he seemed almost JOYEOUS by the end of the conversation. So i think that if u know what you're talking about, they're quite happy to talk to u.

Well thats just my experience..... i havnt actually swapped any money with them, so i cant say too much.

Im guessing they would have invested more time and development in their Cams than anyone else.

LUMPY-6

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 141 rwkw

they can go fk themselves. after having a chat with brendan in regards to the dev 2 kit, sorted out banking details and deposited the cash the next day. tried several times to contact them by phone / email to inform them the cash landed in their account and to get my gear on the next truck out of melbourne bound for QLD. their phones had ben disconnectedand no reply from my emails. i went back to the bank that arvo and got my cash back. 3 days later i get an email from them saying telstra disconnectd their phone, mustnt have paid their bill. is that anyway to run a business?? quite clearly they dont give a rats a*** bout their customers, especially interstate ones. i will never buy a thing from JMM. i personally dont care wether they are expensive or not cause at days end, car modification is an exspensive hobby. and there are plenty of great engine builders out there that could probably build an i6 N/A that would flog the absolute s**t out of a JMM engine and in full street trim. im sure that once my fairlane is done i could beat his 1/4 mile time, in full street trim aswell. big call, time will tell.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

micky4433 wrote:
they can go fk themselves. after having a chat with brendan in regards to the dev 2 kit, sorted out banking details and deposited the cash the next day. tried several times to contact them by phone / email to inform them the cash landed in their account and to get my gear on the next truck out of melbourne bound for QLD. their phones had ben disconnectedand no reply from my emails. i went back to the bank that arvo and got my cash back. 3 days later i get an email from them saying telstra disconnectd their phone, mustnt have paid their bill. is that anyway to run a business?? quite clearly they dont give a rats a*** bout their customers, especially interstate ones. i will never buy a thing from JMM. i personally dont care wether they are expensive or not cause at days end, car modification is an exspensive hobby. and there are plenty of great engine builders out there that could probably build an i6 N/A that would flog the absolute s**t out of a JMM engine and in full street trim. im sure that once my fairlane is done i could beat his 1/4 mile time, in full street trim aswell. big call, time will tell.

Very big call. The fastest full street trim I6 Falcon ran a 13.8 Grechie's 13.7 was not quite full street trim. Good luck with your plan, but expect it to backfire.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:

Can you use some punctuation pls. That is hard to read.

What were they adding for the 4k?

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 141 rwkw

i dont expect my plan to backfire at all 67RCE and ill have a crack in my fairlane which is heavier than a falcon. those that expect things to backfire / fail right from the word go always will fail / backfire. JMM does know his stuff when it comes to the i6 but he is not the only one that knows about the i6 and how to get them moving. everything in life is acheviable and beating his 1/4 mile time certainly is. maybe i wont beat it but ill sure as hell have a fkn good crack at it and have the mind set that i will beat it. what ever the out come at days end at least i can say that i had a crack, anyone else willing to have a crack at beating his 1/4 mile time??

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Anyone can say they have had crack. Its not really the same as running faster than a 13.1 though is it.

Let us know how you get on anyways.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
ebxr82nv wrote:
EDXR6-Poly wrote:

Turbo Kits- Ford Falcon EA-AU

New Release Stage 3 Turbo Kit ( 200-350+rwkw)

Base Turbo Kit Features:
1 x full custom s/steel tuned length turbo manifold
1 x 50mm external wastegate
1 x Garrett gt40 turbocharger (rated over 650hp)
1 x super billet b.o.v
1 x boost reference fuel regulator
1 x front mount intercooler (core size 600x300x76)
3 inch s/steel dump pipe with o2 sensor bung
1 x 2 inch s/steel screamer pipe (from wastegate)
Teflon braided oil feed lines, vclamps, oil sender t
Teflon oil drain lines gaskets and fittings
4 inch pod intake pipe & pod filter
Price: $3999.00 + $125.00 shipping

All items are brand new and covered by 12 month manufacturer warranty.

plus pipe work ? another 300 bucks still around the 4k mark not including tune and injectors

I'd probly allow at least 7 or 8k and maybe even 10 to get it finished, but your the olne whos doing it go nuts!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next