Fordmods Logo

JMM Cams... 

Page 5 of 7 [ 93 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

That’s what’s always got me.. I know a guy, $5000 worth of JMM gear in his el xr6, JMM dyno'ed it at 170kw but it cant run better then 15 sec down the 1/4, and on other dynos struggles to make more then 135kw.. go figure...

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

LOL, stay away from the Jimm team, they have no idea.. do the performance on ur own car and ull get better results than them... and save $$$ atleast u know what brand stuff ur using....

4LTR-JET: 9.1 @150mph!!

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB S XR6

NSW, Australia

I had an engine built by Autotech Engeniring , using JMM parts [mostly]. The Dev 5 cam gave me the performance figures a lilltle less then expected, but my problem was that the cam has "backlash". This is what JMM told Autotech [who therefor would not fix the engine under warrenty] after the engine snapped the timing chain guides. this was only after 3000 KM and a $7000 engine build :evil:

Autotech blamed the cam and i was left in the middle of a dispute, which ended with me having to pay a further $700 to have it repaired. :evil:

Due to my stupidity i left the cam in the engine and by the time it had done 11000km it snapped the guides again, broke a piece of the timing chain, which then broke the oil pump and left me witha further $1500 in having the car towed and then fixed by an independant mechanic who put in the original cam. :evil: :evil: :evil:

JMM are F_ _ ked, and Autotech are no better :evil: :evil: :evil:

EB S XR6
161kw At The Wheels
14.8 @ 149.92 km\h WSID

Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

XR6EB wrote:
I had an engine built by Autotech Engeniring , using JMM parts [mostly]. The Dev 5 cam gave me the performance figures a lilltle less then expected, but my problem was that the cam has "backlash". This is what JMM told Autotech [who therefor would not fix the engine under warrenty] after the engine snapped the timing chain guides. this was only after 3000 KM and a $7000 engine build :evil:

Autotech blamed the cam and i was left in the middle of a dispute, which ended with me having to pay a further $700 to have it repaired. :evil:

Due to my stupidity i left the cam in the engine and by the time it had done 11000km it snapped the guides again, broke a piece of the timing chain, which then broke the oil pump and left me witha further $1500 in having the car towed and then fixed by an independant mechanic who put in the original cam. :evil: :evil: :evil:

JMM are F_ _ ked, and Autotech are no better :evil: :evil: :evil:

Alot of people talk of the DEV5 cam snapping timing chains and guides.

I know personally of 5 of them and they have never had an ounce of noise or breakage with a DEV5.

What springs were used on your engine?

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

QLD, Australia

Cam is rough!!!

Be warned

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ef

SA, Australia

FairmontXR6 wrote:
Cam is rough!!!

Be warned

ok, so what cam is gonna be a safe bet as far as reliability of components around it?

there are three types of people in this world:
those that can count and those that can't

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

fordriver1 wrote:
FairmontXR6 wrote:
Cam is rough!!!

Be warned

ok, so what cam is gonna be a safe bet as far as reliability of components around it?

didnt you buy the head n cam package from crescent motorsport?? well... hope your enjoying the cam any way....

ive ordered and am having installed the stage 3 head and cam...

Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el falcon

Power: 608 rwkw

WA, Australia

i like there stuff, it works well. ive never had any trouble with my jmm stuff. jmm cams are very streetable and produce the numbers.

# 1997 EL Falcon GLI - 600+rwkw

# 2008 FPV FG GTE - Xa Coilovers, 20x8/ 20x10 Fairladys

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

all jmm cams are reground on the back side of the lobe to increase lift and shims (which look like normal washers) are installed on top lifters to take up this clearance thats why cars with jmm cams in them idle near factory due to not upsetting the factory map sensor vac signal and not drifting far from factory idle map table in ecu no secret there but you pay $$$$$ for a factory reground with hardware shop washers jamed on top of your lifters and people wonder why their engine has overhead gear noise at high rpm i have seen several jmm equipped cars with $$$$$ spent on them make 170hp instead of 170kw as supposed to but make that on his dyno funny about that jmm cars do go and should go better than standard but all that claimed power without fuel and spark mods yer right

Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:02 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

So JMM are the only ones that do regrinds hey? :lol:
And a billiet instantly means better performance?
And as for a regrind not affecting manifold vacuum, L-O-L.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Modified EA-S Falcon

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

they all do regrinds dude, makes them cheaper thats all. billets are just a tad stronger cause they have only been machined once, not twice (correct me if im wrong ppl).

ive tried a wade cam, really upset my baby, she is running CMS stage 2 atm and am very happy. Looking at the cms stage 2 head to match.

on the JMM stuff sorry guys but not much effort is put into there gear or there customers. not mentioning the mock-o-watts they get :oops: :oops:

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Hahahaha... I love these stories... Specially from those who have never been to their shop nor experienced their products.

I can't say I'm a JMM lover, but I have been to their shop, used their dyno and say respect should be provided where respect is due.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

i have fitted jmm prouducts and driven vehicles with jmm stuff like i said goes better than standard but not that impressive for the amount of cost involved , its amazing that people talk themselves into and feel their vehicle goes so much better than it does and has so much power atws but i suppose if they are happy thats the main thing

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I'm waiting for the 220rwkw VCT N/A barra cams to come out. can't bloody wait! lol

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:56 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

turbosix wrote:
i have fitted jmm prouducts and driven vehicles with jmm stuff like i said goes better than standard but not that impressive for the amount of cost involved , its amazing that people talk themselves into and feel their vehicle goes so much better than it does and has so much power atws but i suppose if they are happy thats the main thing

Examples?
Cause it looks to me like you are just jumping on the anti-JMM bandwagon, and that s**t is so old and played out its not funny anymore.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 7  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next