Fordmods Logo

jmm headers? worth it? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: jmm headers? worth it?
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ef fairmont

NT, Australia

hey all. just wonderin if anyone has used the race headers from JMM? and are they worth it? did they help off the line more than the pacemakers? (ef 6) cheers :)

96 ef mont, xh xr6 engine jmm race headers, venom cat, hookers aero camber muffler, manual conversion, eb t5, exedy clutch, king springs, gt monroes,whiteline swaybars, k&n panel filter, twin headlights, blah blah blah. soon to have fresh 345 LSD.

Post subject: Re: jmm headers? worth it?
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

hey mate, welcome to fordmods (i see its your 1st post) or if not, anyways
there are a LOT of very strong opinions regarding mocks stuff. some swear by it, others s**t all over it. if i was you, id make friends with the local exhaust shop and have a chat with them, see what you want then let them know, they may recommend shorter runners, different header styles etc etc
imo, headers dont make that much of a difference. sure, you notice it, but you wont bolt up some new pacies then go tearing off wheelspinning in 3rd etc etc but its the best place to start for further engine mods, along with a nice free-flowing exhaust

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ef fairmont

NT, Australia

thanks mate but yea ive covered all that..i really want to know if there any good? not just wot people think of someone.

96 ef mont, xh xr6 engine jmm race headers, venom cat, hookers aero camber muffler, manual conversion, eb t5, exedy clutch, king springs, gt monroes,whiteline swaybars, k&n panel filter, twin headlights, blah blah blah. soon to have fresh 345 LSD.

Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2008 BFII Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

they are average, like every other header on the market. pacemakers are consistently quoted as the best by just about everyone who uses them. but if you want good, you need custom. like i said, its really much of a muchness between headers. if it aint stock, its fine is pretty much the go

Rocky AKA The Tractor- ED Gli head+cam 3.7 limo 2x15' subs - gone but not forgotten
RED-JET - BFII Fairmont Ghia - Under Construction...
Rambo - NCII Fairlane Ghia 5.0l - just a daily runaround...

Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

hunt3r wrote:
hey mate, welcome to fordmods (i see its your 1st post) or if not, anyways
there are a LOT of very strong opinions regarding mocks stuff. some swear by it, others s**t all over it. if i was you, id make friends with the local exhaust shop and have a chat with them, see what you want then let them know, they may recommend shorter runners, different header styles etc etc
imo, headers dont make that much of a difference. sure, you notice it, but you wont bolt up some new pacies then go tearing off wheelspinning in 3rd etc etc but its the best place to start for further engine mods, along with a nice free-flowing exhaust

Your local exhaust shop will only want to sell you what they stock and generally they also know f**k all about the design of headers except for what they are given to help sell the product by the manufacturer.

Nothing makes that much difference by itself, it is whether all the components in the system work together. For the modifications carried out on 90% of cars on this forum (i.e. a cam and tune at most) you won't notice much difference between headers in driving the car.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]