Fordmods Logo

Just a couple of things... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Just a couple of things...
Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

hey guys, i just replaced my oil pressure switch with a sender because it was loosing heaps of oil from there, I'm putting an oil pressure gauge, in the short term future. Only problem now is that the oil light is on on the instrument cluster and I put the cluster into diagnostic mode and the oil pressure says 0. is there anything else I need to replace also to get the correct reading?

One more thing, i've got a really bad squealing noise. It sounds like it's coming from under the car (sounds like a belt but its not). it squeals at idle, not when the car is driving. When the car is turned off it makes a really loud continuous squeal noise that lasts about 10-15secs, it sounds like pressure is being relieved. Anyone got any ideas for me?

Much appreciated, thanks

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

hmmm ou sure the pressure sender is in correctly and the cable is plugged into it, you may need the mid series cluster for any of the functionality to work id start with trying to get a mid series cluster with an oi guage, see what happens there. if oil pressure was being released i would imagine you would find oil everywhere!

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks for the quick reply. the major concern is what that squeal noise is. i thought mite be the oil pressure switch but i changed it and it still does it. it sorta sounds like its coming from under the engine near where the gearbox is, really don't know what it could be. the oil presure sender is tightened and has stopped leaking so i just assume its not that

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

k well i tightened the oil pressure sender some more and that seemed to have helped the squeal issue. will have to take it for a longer drive just to make sure. now just to upgrade the cluster. any rough ideas on prices?

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ok i've got an update on the situation. seems that the squeal noise is an oil leak because it was squealing and i lifted the oil dipstick up a bit and the noise stopped. sounds like it's definately coming from under the car. perhaps sump? any ideas on what i could look at if i get under the car?

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ea falcon

VIC, Australia

Go see a mechanic dude.

how did you not know you had an oil leak until you removed the dipstick? in my experienced with oil leaks u tend you get like oil stains on the ground and s**t!!!

park the car on your driveway or just on the road were there arent any oil stains on the ground then get under the car and wait for a drip and that would most likly be the problem area

EB XR6 project almost complete!

Soon on road with pics!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]