K&N panel? 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

andrich wrote:
Will an airbox out of an EF/EL fit straight to replace my current one? cauz with those you can put pods inside them cant u? and have beeter airflow

i see you have an ED so no.

your current one flows air from the top through through the filter to the bottom. then out to the manifold. EF/EL one is other way around.

so the output pipe will be in completly the wrong place.

that said, if you feel it would be worth it to make a pipe, i have no doubt you could make it fit. But it would proly have some tight kinks in it and not flow very well. making any difference from the filter negated.

how come you want a pod?

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

andrich wrote:
revcore wrote:
andrich wrote:
thanks for al ya replies, it sounds like its worth doing. I might invest in the EA intake pipe, which i heard is bigger then an ED, and also an XH snorkel, whch should make for a decent mod, would that sounds about right to do? or what other intake piping could i look at getting? thanks

The EA intake pipe is a great mod.....I did it to my ED. One thing to remember is that not only do you need the EA intake pipe but you will also need the lower section of the airbox because the EA intake pipe being a bigger diameter means it will not fit the EB-ED lower airbox section.

that sounds good il definately be doing it, so the lower section will fit onto the top half of my ED airbox yeah? are they easi to pick up from wreckers and that? pcik n pay less mayb? cheers

Yep, The ED top fits straight onto the EA bottom. I picked up my EA intake pipe and lower airbox section from the wreckers for only $10. Also, When you put a XH snorkel on too you do feel that the throttle response is better......Even better again with a high flow K&N filter.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

revcore wrote:
andrich wrote:
revcore wrote:
andrich wrote:
thanks for al ya replies, it sounds like its worth doing. I might invest in the EA intake pipe, which i heard is bigger then an ED, and also an XH snorkel, whch should make for a decent mod, would that sounds about right to do? or what other intake piping could i look at getting? thanks

The EA intake pipe is a great mod.....I did it to my ED. One thing to remember is that not only do you need the EA intake pipe but you will also need the lower section of the airbox because the EA intake pipe being a bigger diameter means it will not fit the EB-ED lower airbox section.

that sounds good il definately be doing it, so the lower section will fit onto the top half of my ED airbox yeah? are they easi to pick up from wreckers and that? pcik n pay less mayb? cheers

Yep, The ED top fits straight onto the EA bottom. I picked up my EA intake pipe and lower airbox section from the wreckers for only $10. Also, When you put a XH snorkel on too you do feel that the throttle response is better......Even better again with a high flow K&N filter.

great thats sounds realy good, il definately be going 2morro (bloody work 2day) and tryin to get one. I just got back from buying the air filter, and already i can feel a difference, throttle response is heaps better i recon. thansk for ya help il let ya no how i go, cheers

BA XR6 Turbo, Blueprint, 18's, Premium Sound, Leather.

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

i don't know what some people are on when they say "i put one on and it made 5rwkw increase"...all i can say is before and after dyno sheets please.

By buying K&N you will get a filter that will last heaps longer than a factory one, it will give you an increase of power that is pretty much unnoticable over having a NEW factory filter. :roll:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:49 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

skidder wrote:
i don't know what some people are on when they say "i put one on and it made 5rwkw increase"...all i can say is before and after dyno sheets please.

By buying K&N you will get a filter that will last heaps longer than a factory one, it will give you an increase of power that is pretty much unnoticable over having a NEW factory filter. :roll:

i know what u mean its hard to tell exactly what power increase there is without testing it on da dyno, however ya can feel da better throttle response i recon, but it aint that expensive so its prolli worth it

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

just bought my one off ebay, $85 inc postage. Neato :D

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

well done that aint to bad, i went 2 supercheap and the guy recons he had to get it in and it would cost $142, it was like "dont call me i'll call u" hahha

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

But the K&N sticker that comes with the airfilter looks so cool! :lol:

Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

^^^ worth 30rw kw on its own that one

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:20 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

by the trip meter on the open raod i was using 1.5litres less fuel at 110km using the k and n xh snorkle

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:34 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

geez dat aint 2 bad, yeah iv noticed my fuel gauge staying much higher then it normalli would and iv driven more this week then most weeks, thats with k&N panel and EA intake pipe, not 2 bad

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

I have a K&N filter got it from americanauto's online store for $82 on special. I noticed some difference but that was because i replaced it with a paper filter that had done 30000km of faithful service. Don't know whether much difference, but it helps with a bigger intake snorkel...

Cheers....

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el xr8

NSW, Australia

revcore wrote:
andrich wrote:

you dont need to change lower half of box only the pipe ,it is the insert of eb pipe that is smaller not the outer diameter i have already done mine

i smell bad even when fm members drive past lol.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:53 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

yeah thats what i found when i got mine. Its just the inside of the standard ED tube which goes to a cone like shape, but the outer rim covers the hole on the airbox, like the EA one

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next