KW Hunting 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: KW Hunting
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Hey lads time is getting closer for me to buy my new gear for the EF im looking to get 150 to 160 rwkw, decided to go JMM, im going to get the race spec-ported head and his cam kit which comes with timing gear and valve springs stage 3 cam, brendan said that will get me to 150 easy but im still not sure might slap in a uni or chiptourqe chip with it too and also thinking about upgrading my 4499 headers to somthing else, so its kinda a full head rebuild, you guys got any other idears what else i could do while im in there different valves etc?

Thanks.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi
for the price u pay for a unichip don't waste ur money
buy a proper programmable ECU cost a few dollars more but u will get better results
also u get to own ur own software so tuning can be done by u or anyone else for that matter
Unichip locks u into a agreement that u don't own the software and can only have a unichip franchise shop tune ur car
in my eyes i think this is totally wrong one should get the software and necessary hardware with the unichip as you have paid for it
this way you are not locked into a unichip shop , means every time you want to make a mod to ur car to make the changes you have to see them for software alterations
secondly unichip is a interceptor computer modifying the sensors signals to ur original car ECU and fouling it into think its under different conditions
Unichip has its limitations also
one being say u do all the mods u say the power and torque curve will alter in a different rev range and most likely up high revs also power will be increased
How do u change the rev limiter on ur car to take advantage of the more power ur engine is making???
speed limiter is another issue and there's more
so before buy a unichip do ur homework
cause once u have bought unichip u will have troubles selling it if ur not happy with it
my thoughts so have fun with you new project
cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

agree, they can not alter your shift points/pressure on the autos. they can't bypass the speed limiter if you want & so forth. its very limited in options compare to other brands.

ask around for the ford edit, not sure if you can road dyno it with a labtop or throu a roller dyno tuner.

chiptorque might be the cheapest and have more alterations then unchip but no real time tunning. you have to express post your ECU to them after you do all your mods. it would be nice if it came with a labtop/pc or a pocket PC interface, including software. wouldn't that be great.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

okies so there a waste of time, i dont really wanna be spending money sending my ecu etc everywhere. thanks lads

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

anything else i could do to drain more power out of the head?

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Molloy wrote:
anything else i could do to drain more power out of the head?
you could go for the xr6 exhaust valves but then again, extra work=money. I'm sure they can port match the BBM with the heads for the money you gonna pay for it. I would ask for a copy of the maximum flow-bench reading in CFM & Cc volume of the combustion Chambers. if they ask why?. you say " reference for future upgrade's"

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ok will do thanks.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

Is your car manual or auto?

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah shes auto, ive already got a manual box in the shed waiting to be put in with a manual xr6 ecu,

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Manual

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
chiptorque might be the cheapest and have more alterations then unchip but no real time tunning. you have to express post your ECU to them after you do all your mods. it would be nice if it came with a labtop/pc or a pocket PC interface, including software. wouldn't that be great.

Chiptorque can do real time tuning on a dyno. They did it to my car, you just have to ring up and arrange an appointment. It costs about $200 Hr but is good value becasue Lachlan is a genius and half the stuff is already there.

But it isn't user tuneable however for $600 + $200 tuning is alot less than $1400(ECU) + $ 400(install) + $400(tuning) for aftermarket ecu. Alot less mucking around too.

Manual EL Gli.
Mods: Crow Stg3, Chiptorque Dynotune. Lukey Exhaust. DBA slotted rotors, EBC Pads. Whiteline Low Susp. EL GT Swaybars, ROH Envy 17 x235 wheels. Vehicle Datalogger Display V2.0,

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

not many Chiptorque places around where i live. anyone know of any places in newcastle that can tune chips?

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

Dude get multi angle grind done on the valves in the head. Will help flow even better as they only have to open a little to get a big gap.

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Spork wrote:
Slick wrote:

Chiptorque can do real time tuning on a dyno. They did it to my car, you just have to ring up and arrange an appointment. It costs about $200 Hr but is good value becasue Lachlan is a genius and half the stuff is already there.

But it isn't user tuneable however for $600 + $200 tuning is alot less than $1400(ECU) + $ 400(install) + $400(tuning) for aftermarket ecu. Alot less mucking around too.

hi

at 200 dollars a hour what was the total bill for ur car to be tuned on a dyno and a new chip burnt

as far as i know Lachlan u have to pay for his airplane ticket and accomidation and meals not to mention his time on the dyno

As far as him doing live mmmmmmmmmm i would love to see that ???

yes there are pros and cons out there and once again a chip or chipped ECU is no where near as good as a after market ECU

dont u love it when guys ask what mods have u done and they supposedly do a desktop tune by thudging figures in the stock ECU and say that will work to the mods , in real life that doesnt work

but the everyone has a budget to keep to

Cgeers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]