Fordmods Logo

Leaking injectors 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Leaking injectors
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

heard a few people of late have had 'leaking' injectors. i assume thats more of a injector not sealing more than a clogged injector.

first thing in the morning, the car hunts for idle and runs as rough as guts rest of the day its fine. im thinking over night it could be depressurising and leaking in to the manifold a bit.

theres no real way to test save for taking them all out and getting the full clean and test yeah?

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Generally if you have an injector leaking overnight the car will be hard to start in the morning. As you will have a s**t load of fuel on one of the intake valves.

To check (i did this on my old mpi EA falcon S pak) unbolt the fuel/injector rail and lift it up about 1inch so you can place some kitchen towel under the 6 injectors. Prime the fuel pump a couple of times, come back 3 hours later and if an injector is leaking you will find a wet spot of fuel under the suspect injector.

Also I cleaned my throttle body out on sunday with a soft toothbrush,petrol and a clean rag. Got my idle perfect again.

I have heard on the grapevine that spraying to much carbi-clean into a throttle body on a falcon can cause the air temp and map sensor to fail.

Cheers...

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]