Fordmods Logo

Lets call a spade a spade? are we ridiculous? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

voxace wrote:

Yes, if Holden have of adopted the GNX spec motor, it would have made the VN a 13 second car......in 1989!!!

Respect would have been due. Then and now!!!

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: svo

VIC, Australia

i always thought the I6 had the upper hand over the same model commo V6 dont they have more power and torque? plus my best mate has jost got a WH statesman (supercharged stock 171 kils at the fly) and i was wondering what will a full DEV3HL kit take him i hope so.

black ba xr6 with sunroof = more hot chicks

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Trust me, im rowing in unison with you guys on this one.

My mate has a VS Calais V6 Supercharged. He wants to get it on. You reckon with my mods as below Id have a shot at him. His is stock standard 165kw.

I dont want to bite off more than I can chew. I know those supercharged V6s go pretty hard.

Reckon the grandpa ghia can get him? If he wins ill never hear the end of it, vice versa. its an all or nothing thing.

I would really wish I could say yes but when they are supercharge they hammer.
Whatever happens mate just do your best and do your fellow Ford Lovers proud.
Good Luck

EF Futura factory 5 spd
Pacemaker 4480 w/ Redback cat back 2 1/2
RPD Rspec4 cam with Ported Head
RPD Rocker Gear
RPD MS2 ECU

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

I can beat supercharged v6 vts in my stock ELXR6 5 speed...
The only v6 commodore that was any good was the vn, and it was the ugliest car ever made.
I think holdens have s**t dashes, and as everyone has said they sound fuicking bad with an exhaust; as opposed to my now horn xr 6 with exhaust.
Fords have always been more than 100kgs heavier, and 1st gear <in autos> is designed for towing... so it's always gonna hurt us. Either way our engines have more potential.

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ryansvo wrote:
i always thought the I6 had the upper hand over the same model commo V6 dont they have more power and torque? plus my best mate has jost got a WH statesman (supercharged stock 171 kils at the fly) and i was wondering what will a full DEV3HL kit take him i hope so.

With a full DEV3HL kit, you will FLOG him. Trust me, I've got a DEV3HL kit :)

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: MY06 REX

WA, Australia

I agree with whoever it was that said a lot of people have driven holdens and fords and like both... but prefer fords.. Im one of them too.

A DEV3HL kit might beat a stock supercharged v6 - but if he spent as much as you did on your kit to bump up his boost and run an intercooler he'll be leaving you for dead. You dont see any N/A falcons in the 13's yet I think, but you see a lot of supercharged v6's even into the 11's and 12's.

The Evil Strawberry

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

All i know is, the Stock Supercharge 6 Commodores go absolutely s**t. My mate has a VT S Pack.
A N/A XR6 will give them a run.
The Calais and Statesmans wont even bother anyone with a stock one.
If the up the boost for the 1k it costs them to, they get and go a little better, but no where near the 13's. They'd be lucky to get high 14's.
It depends on how much they spend though.... As with every modification!

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

i would have had street drags with bout 30 different v6 commies vk-vz in the last 18 months since ive had my 3.73 diff and have never had one beat me. They are right there next to ya up untill bout 80k's then ya just leave them for dead. My mate had a supercharged VS ecotec auto, it had one of them toyota superchargers and was runnin too much boost. He took me for a drive and boy did that thing put you in the seat, so i asked him to go out for a drag and i blew his doors off twice. I think for some reason the commies feel like they are goin a lot faster than the ford but there not, the falcons are just sooo smooth ya cant feel it going as much.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

EB V8 wrote:
Thats if we catch them at all after 80km/h.

I love the falcons, but the commys just have a better following.

For example, I reckon my EL ghia is a better car than the VS calais equivalent. But people say to me the ghia is a grandpa car whereas the calais is cool

I hate d**kheads like that. I used to own an xf ghia, and i used to cop a heap of s**t from the holden boys, "My grandpa drives one of them". Half of them owned VL calais' and the like. They're both family cars with luxury packs, at the end of the days it's just preference. I've seen grandpas drive xr6 turbos and that doesn't make them uncool!

5spd Heritage Green EL XR6. Wheels by ROH. Stereo by Clarion. Exhaust by Pacemaker & Lukey. Suspension by Whiteline, Durashock and K-Mac.

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:23 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

NSW, Australia

flogged a mates VS 5spd, in my auto futura ;) VS - 145,000 on the clock, my EF 260,000. :P I used to drive a VT acclaim before i bought my EF, and it was a bucket of s**t! never known such a new car to rattle and fall apart so much as what the VT did. much happier with the falcon, much better finish. :D

VS to VX - 147kw 302nm torque <-- of course the ford will kill it.
i've even given some V8 commy's a run for their money, not that i go out driving like a numbskull all the time. ;)

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:24 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

talkin bout the commo's

before i bought my BA, i ended up testing 2 VX S pack SUPERCHARGED the week before. Both were stock, but i was really interested in changing the pulley to up the boost. In stock form the supercharged drink 1/2 litre/100km's LESS then the Gen 3 5.7L, they sure do drink! :o

and to tell ya the truth, i reckon they go like s**t! i said to the dealer while i was test driving the commie, LOOK you expecting me to buy a 20K car , i gotta give it a real test, he was ok with it, foot FLAT on the floor, and im like "did i leave the handbrake on?" i SERIOUSLY checked to see if i did :shock: , couldnt hear the blower or nothing, the car went like crap!!!!!!!! that was the SUPERCHARGED model, you could imagine how the stock ones would go...the week after i jump in the BA and im thinking, hmmmmm this thing actually moves! :wink:

ive also driven my cousins EB 4.0 and EL 4.0 and find they go better off the line than the SUPERCHARGED commies!

in CONCLUSION, the blue oval rules! :D (actually chrysler does, but this is australia :P )

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

XH4LWEPN wrote:
i would have had street drags with bout 30 different v6 commies vk-vz in the last 18 months since ive had my 3.73 diff and have never had one beat me. They are right there next to ya up untill bout 80k's then ya just leave them for dead. My mate had a supercharged VS ecotec auto, it had one of them toyota superchargers and was runnin too much boost. He took me for a drive and boy did that thing put you in the seat, so i asked him to go out for a drag and i blew his doors off twice. I think for some reason the commies feel like they are goin a lot faster than the ford but there not, the falcons are just sooo smooth ya cant feel it going as much.

Very very true.

Commodores FEEL faster, but they aren't. If you know what I mean....

I think it's becuase Falcons are smoother, are larger, better built cars.

Commies are just light, flimsy, noisy, heaps of s**t!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: '95 Futura Manual

WA, Australia

i think for the price and features you cant go past either falcon or commodore, they are both damn good in their own ways

having said that i always feel the fords have the edge over their respective commodore rivals

vn/ea: the vn looks skinny and cheap, the ea looks wider/tougher and way more solid, and the vn interior is so crap, if you ever driven a manual, the gearbox is awful, the vn engine is appaling and sounds s**t if you rev it, ea much gruntier

vs/ef: look the same basically, interiors are worlds apart, vs is a clear carryover from vn and looks really outdated, ef is much nicer inside, engines similar, but ford with heaps more torque

vt,vx/au: vt has the looks, inside and out, au has so many carryover interior parts from the ef/efl, unfortunately ecotec engine is s**t and can't move the fat a** vt body very well at all, AU engine much more convincing

vy/ba: both look good outside, both interiors are worlds better than previous versions, engine/gearbox clear advantage to ford, new v6 still wheezy and under powered

my 2c worth anyway

Now With: HID LowBeam (Fkn Bright!)
Also Featuring: 17" Alloys (Mmmm Shiny), Aftermarket Central Locking, DBA Slotted Discs, EBC Greenstuff Pads, Lukey Cat Back, Clarion / Alpine Audio System, XR Steering Wheel, Blue Dials, Tint, Tickford Suspension, XR Bodykit

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

ill agree on the commies feeeling faster wen ur in em, coz they have nothing in them, just a shell with a crappy dash, its s**t house in there, fords e series are bigger, quieter, stronger and feel like a chunky car, all commies V6 seem to run out of steam at 70-80, ive had a mates VS get me to 100 b4 but hey i wasnt moving i was just spinngin, but i pulled up to him no problem, but as soon as i hit 3rd he stopped, so he couldnt see me pass him , and he goes, see stock VS kept up with ur ford....p's me off

Ford Falcon EA Naturally Aspirated 4.0L i6
13.797 @ 157.16km/h (Limiter Bounce)

1/4 Mile Video

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:18 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

When I was last car shopping, I tested commos and Falcons, and got a much better overall package in the Falcon.

At the time I has $20K, got my EL (same price as an AU eeek!), or I'd have to downgrade to a VR commo - older, less equipment standard, and as everyone knows, not as nice to drive - IRS or no IRS.

I have the displeasure of driving a VZ at work, gutless, tacky plastics, a dash which is s**t as the dash plastic is 'sparkly' and reflects sunlight badly, and it handles like a boat, gutless.

Oh and my mildly modified EL I6 auto, flogs a supposedly heavily modified VZ SV6 manual. dyno and traffic light GP. Lol.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next