Fordmods Logo

Lets call a spade a spade? are we ridiculous? 

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

thats because i drive a ford,,but i don't give a rats if mine is faster or not,,if i cn get a bigger turbo or not,,i don't care,,,they are after all just transport.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

naughtyfalcon wrote:
thats because i drive a ford,,but i don't give a rats if mine is faster or not,,if i cn get a bigger turbo or not,,i don't care,,,they are after all just transport.

How dare you say that a Ford is "just transport"!!!

F**k me. They ignite passion, fury, hate, love, rivalry, employment, interest, freindship (I could go on all day :) ) amongst the masses.

If all you see them as is "just transport" then may I kindly suggest that you piss off and post on a bike or pedestrian forum and leave the enthusiast to discuss these things enthusiastically, without some drongo telling them that the loves of their life are "just transport"!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

He is true though, unless you have a track car, etc.
Some of us thought like to spend money (waste too), on our cars.
I mean i should be spending less money on the car, and more for other things, house etc. But I like my car, and like to keep it clean, and make it different from the rest.
They are just transport to some, but i love to do it in style, and its a great feeling, when people admire something you own.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

downingj wrote:
naughtyfalcon wrote:

F**k me. They ignite passion, fury, hate, love, rivalry, employment, interest, freindship (I could go on all day :) ) amongst the masses.

If all you see them as is "just transport" then may I kindly suggest that you piss off and post on a bike or pedestrian forum and leave the enthusiast to discuss these things enthusiastically, without some drongo telling them that the loves of their life are "just transport"!!!

oh for f**k sake grow up,,there only bloody bits of metal spot welded together,,why spend thousands of dollars on the things then winge about the cops bugging you,winge about the cost of running them,,and the bloody list goes on,,for christ sake,,get something that will make money not waiste it,,like a house,,theres an idea,,people convert from one thing to another then bloody winge when it don't work,,they race other cars and winge becaus ethey bloody loose,,or get a fine for being d***head,,my car is stock and i'm proud of it,,never been hassled or picked on,,so why don't you go ride a push bike and bug off,,,and as i said before,,look after it fine,,but be real about it..

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

naughtyfalcon wrote:
downingj wrote:
naughtyfalcon wrote:

oh for f**k sake grow up,,there only bloody bits of metal spot welded together,,why spend thousands of dollars on the things then winge about the cops bugging you,winge about the cost of running them,,and the bloody list goes on,,for christ sake,,get something that will make money not waiste it,,like a house,,theres an idea,,people convert from one thing to another then bloody winge when it don't work,,they race other cars and winge becaus ethey bloody loose,,or get a fine for being d***head,,my car is stock and i'm proud of it,,never been hassled or picked on,,so why don't you go ride a push bike and bug off,,,and as i said before,,look after it fine,,but be real about it..

That's a big call mate.

I DO own my own place (picked it up for tidy $35,000 three years ago before the big boom down here). Since then me, the old boy and the father in law have spent plenty of time custom orbing the outside (FYI: it looks schmiko). I have also wacked in a new bathroom, toilet, kitchen, etc etc. Estimated value = $190,000. Not too bad hey :wink:

So yes mate, I do spend my money on things that will make money for me and make life that little bit easier.

It's not a good thing to ASSume...

I've never whinged about cops, I've never been pulled over by the cops (every mod I have is above board and legal) and I don't whinge about them (if ya speed, ya speed, that's your own fault). In fact, I can't remember too many people around here doing so...

If you are not interested in modding your Falcon, making it individual, or giving it that little extra bit of stonk (and lets be honest, which self-respecting male doesn't want more grunt :) ) Then, like I said before, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ON FORD"MODS"???

So in future, it's best not make assumptions about people, yeah?

So how about you brush your teeth, have a glass of hot milk and piss off to bed and leave the men (and women), who are passionate about our welded pieces of metal, alone...

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I wish i was like Naughtyfalcon.
I just have this urge to spend more money on something thats only going to depreciate. It is stupid, but oh well, i'm only young once, and i can already see where everyone who's a decade or more older is coming from, when they say, you'll get over spending all this money on something that costs you more to insure, more to run, petrol and repairs, etc.
But sometimes, when you're driving them, there's nothing better in the world.
Good buy Downingj!!!
I wish i had of got in before the housing boom around here as well!

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my car is unique,,it' mine,,i don't need to spend thousands on it,,and i am here to get help when things do go wrong sometimes,,this site has helped me identify problems that i over looked,,so it is not for modding only,,there are heaps of members on here that have ordinary cars,,so bite your bum.

and you have no right to imlpy that because i have no interest in spending thousands of dollars on my car that i can't be a member of this group,,until such time as it is decided that this will be a mod site only i'll hang around and ask for advice when i need it and give advice when i can,,it is people like you that have lost site like this it's members,,elitism is not good

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

naughtyfalcon wrote:
my car is unique,,it' mine,,i don't need to spend thousands on it,,and i am here to get help when things do go wrong sometimes,,this site has helped me identify problems that i over looked,,so it is not for modding only,,there are heaps of members on here that have ordinary cars,,so bite your bum.

and you have no right to imlpy that because i have no interest in spending thousands of dollars on my car that i can't be a member of this group,,until such time as it is decided that this will be a mod site only i'll hang around and ask for advice when i need it and give advice when i can,,it is people like you that have lost site like this it's members,,elitism is not good

I don't want to get into a s**t fight about it, but please show me where in this thread, have you given advice?

Anyhow, if you don't care about this thread and the posts made. DON'T READ IT and/or DON'T POST. Too F**k' easy (trust me, I learnt that the hard way:) ). There are people that are interested in this topic and don't need people like you tellin' em that it's s**t and they need to grow up.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

My sister owns a VS and i have driven it fairly regulary. My EL doesn't hold a canlde to it off the line, and whats worse is that my mates standard corolla beats me off the line too ('02 model i think)

Neither car can keep up once we start exploring top end though :)

the auto falcon is certainly no speed demon until 50-odd km/h. Haven't been able to fang a 5 speeder about before to know how it goes for above 80 odd km/h compared to the auto, but i'd imagine it's still got a fair old advantage?

naughtyfalcon: obviously you don't have a very naughty falcon after all?

downingj: let him be, he's matured and grown up :P

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I used to own a "bloody bits of metal spot welded together". Now I drive a FORD

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

GO DOWNINGJ!!! hehe lol! cant say i save much money either... usualy goes into modding/car bills... "such is life" but i also have 2 investment properties aswell... "have your cake and eat it too"?????? :lol: im passionate bout my fords... "u lil s**t stirrer u naughtyfalcon" :lol: :lol: :wink: although we all race our commonhore enemy at the tracks dont we boys/girls... :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4