Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: lets talk cataylic converters
Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ILLaViTaR wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
djcustomcomputing wrote:
firstly search DOESNT work

SO why then, when i just did a search for "cats" in the 6cyl section, did this thread turn up at the top of the page. By the bottom of the page it had gotten to the sticky thread about 6cyl mods.

If you had read that thread it would have helped you too. or are the stickies broken too?

if id have spent 15mins looking through id have found a handful of threads that answer your questions.

Search is not working properly.

That is clearly stated in the search function, it's also in red but you were still incapable of spotting it.

Get a life and stop trolling.

i spotted it, just chose to ignore it, then proved it worked just fine for intended topic, people have been crying about the 'search doesn't work me' crap for years on this site.

i gave him some advice just in case he was one the people that think they need a new one even though the stock on they have is perfectly fine.

i asked why he needed one, to clarify if he fits the above common occurrence.

The question about the two cats is pretty much self explained anyway, a little application of the grey mater would negate the need for the question in the first place.

i noticed you added some really good info to this thread. top work

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU series 1 XR6

SA, Australia

first i said SORRY i tried the search after your post and it DID work SORRY
however i DIDNT find anything about CPI

I DID SAY THAT MY CAT THATS CURRENTLY ON THE CAR IS STUFFED

why do you need to even post in a thread if you consider it pointless info
WHAT HAVE YOU ACHIEVED

NOTHING!!!

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

The forum police strike again.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
djcustomcomputing wrote:
firstly search DOESNT work

That is clearly stated in the search function, it's also in red but you were still incapable of spotting it.

i spotted it, just chose to ignore it, then proved it worked just fine for intended topic, people have been crying about the 'search doesn't work me' crap for years on this site.

i gave him some advice just in case he was one the people that think they need a new one even though the stock on they have is perfectly fine.

The question about the two cats is pretty much self explained anyway, a little application of the grey mater would negate the need for the question in the first place.

I noticed you gave pointless information seeing as his CAT IS STUFFED. You may as well of talked about thermo fans.
How will modifying the stock one work? Unless he goes and buys another which is just as old and just as prone to blocking.

Don't listen to this fool mate, get a 2.5inch magnaflow metal core, it's superior than ceramic cats more flow.

That's my technical contribution and it helped far more than your nonsense.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
ILLaViTaR wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

I noticed you gave pointless information seeing as his CAT IS STUFFED. You may as well of talked about thermo fans.
How will modifying the stock one work? Unless he goes and buys another which is just as old and just as prone to blocking.

Don't listen to this fool mate, get a 2.5inch magnaflow metal core, it's superior than ceramic cats more flow.

That's my technical contribution and it helped far more than your nonsense.

it wasn't mentioned the cat was stuffed until after tickford posted, and the information is correct, for the cost of buying a new cat it isn't worth it unless yours is stuffed.

But as he needs a new one any 2.5in metallic cat from reputable manufacterer will be of similar quality, and the cost for so called 'high flow' units isn't justifiable costwise for the results.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Its quite simple really, if we all want to get into specifics.

Who cares if he mentioned it or not. He asked a question he wanted an answer too. I mean does it really matter? Honestly?
Its his money let him spend it on what he wants. Does everybody have to legitimise what that want to spend there money on or legitimise why they want to ask a particular question? He asked a simple question he required a simple answer.

Maybe we should just post in every thread "do a google search and stop wasting our time". That'll save all the hassle wont it.

If you don't want the hassle don't read or post in the thread...der.

I'm not saying that we should never suggest alternatives to the answers people want, but answer the question, suggest the alternative and leave it at that. it = everyone :D

Some people forget that they where there once, and every one is still gaining knowledge daily.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:02 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

Well said .
I have been on here since late last year and i have found this site to be most helpful
Some people here have little to completely no idea about these things so they are here to gain knowledge and expertise in finding whats best for their ride.

So the easier it makes it for people the better it is.......

I understand some people dont read stickys and just ask questions that have been answered previously, but there is also variations to those questions that the stickys dont cover.

I will also like to note that the sticky is very "E" series orrientated so there is not much there for later models.

Even though their might not be much change is some circumstances how are people to know if it is not related to their individual series/model espescially if they dont know much mechanically.

Trust me i love this site im on all day checking out new things and seeing other peoples prides and joy and its great for people to share their knowledge.

Sorry thats just my two cents.

HOTKA'S XR
18 " King Wheels, Lowered King Springs,DBA Slotted Rotors, Grille, CIA
More to come....

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Iv got a ford mag from a while back with a stock AU and they did the exhaust in bits and the highflow cat ended up giving it 2.8rwkw so yeah not much but its something.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2