Fordmods Logo

low klm's 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: low klm's
Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

what would you offer on a ef futura that has 38000 klms and has been serviced every 5000k's?

it is abit sluggish but im thinking its because it hasnt been driven in yonks. Also owners are older and take care of it nicely.

what is a good price?

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:23 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

I wouldn't go over $3000. No matter how good the car is, it's a simple Futura through and through.

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:56 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

well im thinking of offering 3500, it has been serviced every year by a mechanic i know and looks to be in decent shape, but as it spent most of its time in the garage it has afew scratches here and there but they should come out with a buff.

it is quiet sluggish though, is this just due to it never being driven because it revs well, doesn't miss at all and the gearbox seems great its just sluggish once your over 3000rpms.

would an oil change and general maintenance plus a full tank with injector cleaner through it help?

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

replace fuel filter. if no change replace injectors with reco ones. sounds like a fuel issue and either the fuel isnt getting into the rail or the injectors arnt putting enough fuel into the chambers

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:46 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XC GXL

WA, Australia

Bear in mind low k cars never had any stuff done under warranty and seeing its over 10 years old its got all the normal EF s**t in front of it (head, water pump, radiator, recirc vent, a/c condenser,leads, should I go on......) so personally I`d steer clear of it unless youre goin to park it. Of course if the body is wicked then who cares.

XC GXL 5.8: 14.1 @ 99MPH. Thank you to Jimbos alchoholic uncle for the short motor. It goes alright now mate.

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:19 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

i only plan to have this car on my p's which is another 2 years, i dont plan any mods other than xr6 rims, with 38000 on the clock i wouldnt expect anything major to happen or anything to need looking at, i will take the car past another mechanic to get a second opinion.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]