low water light always on 

Page 2 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BF3 Egas wag SY AWD Terry Ghia

VIC, Australia

No bolts line up actually.
I just used a self drilling metal thread screw. to hold it in place. There is a post that locks into the strut tower perfectly on the side. After the head gasket went due to the head having air in it I decided to get serious. I simply went to the local ford dealer and looked at what they had done to later models since there were lots witht the bonnet up on display. I took some photo's with my phone and examined what had changed. The Au actually mounts the surge tank about an inch higher under the bonnet by sitting it higher on the strut tower. I figured simple physics means it can't hurt and may even help. Also ford wouldn't change the design unless it was needed. I think it has helped???
I don't know what gasket was used by the engine re-conditioners but I was very happy with their work after I got over the $2k price. I guess I havent really maintained the car that well for over 200000klm so I can't complain really. The other simple improvement is to fit the Au intake pipes if you can find them at the wreckers.
I will post a pic later
cheers
Richard

BF3 Egas XT Wagon
SY Territory Ghia AWD 6spA :))

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2