Fordmods Logo

Lukey Exhaust - sound? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Lukey Exhaust - sound?
Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: KH Verada Xi

VIC, Australia

As i was collecting my free stickers from the lukey website, I had a bit of a browse around, and found the part where you can actually listen to their exhaust.
Now, being someone who's looking at buying an EF/EL falcon, i went to that part, and played the audio clip they have. And it sounds awsome!
Now, they've got "Ford EL 6cyl AL5-4022 (Lukey Super System) Int AL5-4025 (Lukey Super System) rear 2.5" " posted there...
So, would that mean to get that sound, i'd have to purchase their "Lukey Super System" ?
I havn't found any prices on the site, was going to check out my local lukey dealer, but havnt had a chance.. anyone know of an aprox price to get that nice note?
(i need to know how much overtime ive got to work :P )

I'm built for luxury, Not speed!

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

There's a few things that would differ the noise, such as what cat your running and it's condition, what extractors or manifold your using (as different extractors change were your exhaust is louder), and if any work has been done to the engine.
But I've very happy with my Lukey system, just steer clear of Lukey extractors and don't get there Turbo mufflers. Besides that there actuall exhaust systems sound great!

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:34 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: FALCON

WA, Australia

i got a 2 1/2" Lukey but was on the car wen i bought it so not sure if its the "super system" but the lukeys hav a much better tone than other makes, got couple of mates with other makes and they dont sound as good

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 96 EF Futura

QLD, Australia

I dont even have a clue what type of system mine is i just said i want a lukey cat back system and thats what i got it sounded pretty wiked with just that then i put the extractors on and when u rev it, it sounds like a race car its nice as. Also the cat back was $250

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

mines a 2.5" system (dunno what brand) but I have a lukey ultra flo (straight thru) muffler on it, and a 3" dump tip, and pacemaker PH4480's and it sounds awsome, real notey sound and nice and low when idling. cant wait to get my wade cam in the post, make it sound better!

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]