Fordmods Logo

lukey extractors 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

big nard wrote:
kostah wrote:
hey guys anybody with lukey extractors wanna leave some feed back of there performance compared to pacemakers and jjm???
I Havn't used lukey but just the pacemakers gave me a 7 to 8 KW gain at the rears and with the full system being pacemaker extractors, Pacemaker hi flo cat and 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent system i got 15 - 16 KW at the wheels

So, how'd you work that out? The 7 - 8 KW gain at the rears from the Pacey extractors? Did you fit them with the factory exhaust and dyno it, then a high flow exhaust and redyno it?

I had Lukey extractors (now have Pacey comps). The only positive thing to say about them is they are better than the cast exhaust manifold. If your comparing them to Pacies. The pacies win hands down. However, if you start to factor price in it might be a different story. A second hand set for $100ish isn't a bad buy at all - seen a few around.

yeah i did dyno it, or i wouldnt be able to tll you how much of a power gain i got

i just wanna go fast and then faster
And Now I Have The UTE

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Futura 94

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Nato82 wrote:
You could be right. He said that he wouldn't recomend 2 1/2 on a commonwhore, but would be ok on a falcon. He went on to explain the physics behind back pressure and that due to the restriction of cat, 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 would make any diference. But i do think that sound is determained by the size of the pipe. Do you really think that a 3" on a NA import sounds good? Let alone on a Falcon?

I've heard XR6 Turbos with twin 2 1/2"'s (which is larger overall than a 3") and they sounded awsome!

Well once again I've not made myself clear and not covered all aspects. Of course it will sound good on a 4.0 turbo blowing 7psi+ cause of the amount of exuast that has to excape which would more than fill the space.

- May 1994 ED Falcon Futura sedan
- 4.0L, Auto, 3.23 LSD
- Lukey Extractors
- Lukey Exaust 2¼"
- Custom cold air intake
- Custom grill
- 320000Km. Had it for 5 years and 170 000Km without changing a head gasket. Keep you posted.

- 2003 BA Futura
- That's it for now..... lol.

Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: E-Hybrid Falcon

NSW, Australia

apparently the big difference with pacies is the positive cone arrangement they use to join the pipes, & my pre-lukey motivators have that so i'm guessing unless they were produced before a patent that new lukey's would to. which would mean phuk all difference between the two. your local exaust shop won't put his brand name on the mandrel bent exaust he fabricated & theres no difference between a fabricated exaust from here nore there. only the skill of the fabricator.

big differences are found in the manifold & they way they 'extract' gases. the exaust should support the extractors but not overly effective to anything but sound.

big exausts on imports or anything sound phukin gay. bigger is deffinately not better with exausts look at 351 clevos, they sell tongue inserts to decrease the size of the he-uge exaust ports & they perform better. it's all about tuning.

crow cam,cai,exaust,bbm,190 reg & el injectors,xr6 interior,guages,white cluster,pioneer/mtx stereo,big boot install w.i.p, 17"rims,koni/pedders shocks&springs with nolathane re-bush,ssv kit,stainless inserts,clear lights,t5 & short shifter,chardonay/pearl paint

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Lukey headers have Press Bends which is the main problem i see with them, although they do have small primary pipes which could help to improve low end power.

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yer i have hitech extractors, cheaper than pacies or JMM, they are quite good i think, have a damn gnarley growl in the higher rev range, 3,400rpm +
bit of a drown at about 2g though, and they seem pretty well made also.

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

heres a pic...

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/9360/hitechcs6.jpg

Slavery, gets s**t done!

Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ba falcon

SA, Australia

i havent herd much about paceys only that have been arround for ages and thats y they are priced so high i have been told that advance headers are the best way to go if you have a ba-bf falcon but then again that depends on what car you have

HSV= Homo Sexual Vehicle :)

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Nato82 wrote:
After I got the full Lukey (standard cat) I didn't dyno it but got a very resonsive lower end. The bloke told me i wouldn't get any better results for a 2 1/2 as to 2 1/4" but the 2 1/4 would sound better and far as I compare, I think I was right. A mate of mine fitted a 2 1/2 with no headers and it sounded like sounded like s**t. and as for performance, it didn't go any better.

Probably because it's chocking on the stock exhaust manifold still.
As for 2 1/2" vs 2 1/4", even Ford/Tickford relised 2 1/2" is the way to go - that's why it's the factory size for XR6's. JMM has also done research to show it's the optim size. Likewise has Lukey. Personally I'd be putting my money with those 3 major names that your exhaust man...
Noise of the exhaust has a lot more to do with the mufflers used than the size of the pipe too.

I checked out 2 EF xr6 sedans at car yards recently and the cat back exhaust on them consists of a 2.5in Catback Pipe and the tail pipe section is the same as seen on all standard falcons. Which is 2.25in with that small muffler resinator and a pressed oval shaped tip.

Cheers... So yeah from what i have seen it's not 2.5in the whole way....Here is a pic of a car on www.carsales.com. It shows the stock oval chrome tip that was on the other 2 stock xr6's i looked at.

Attachments:
7227175.jpg
7227175.jpg [ 44.97 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2