Fordmods Logo

lukey extractors 

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: lukey extractors
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EA fairmont, 4.0litre el xr6 eng

VIC, Australia

hey guys anybody with lukey extractors wanna leave some feed back of there performance compared to pacemakers and jjm???

I live my life qtr mile at a time :P

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:47 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

kostah wrote:
hey guys anybody with lukey extractors wanna leave some feed back of there performance compared to pacemakers and jjm???
I Havn't used lukey but just the pacemakers gave me a 7 to 8 KW gain at the rears and with the full system being pacemaker extractors, Pacemaker hi flo cat and 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent system i got 15 - 16 KW at the wheels

i just wanna go fast and then faster
And Now I Have The UTE

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thats prety good want to know b out the lukey only because i want to have the full lukey system thats all anybody alse that has tried the lukey have any feed back

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

big nard wrote:
kostah wrote:
I Havn't used lukey but just the pacemakers gave me a 7 to 8 KW gain at the rears and with the full system being pacemaker extractors, Pacemaker hi flo cat and 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent system i got 15 - 16 KW at the wheels

So, how'd you work that out? The 7 - 8 KW gain at the rears from the Pacey extractors? Did you fit them with the factory exhaust and dyno it, then a high flow exhaust and redyno it?

I had Lukey extractors (now have Pacey comps). The only positive thing to say about them is they are better than the cast exhaust manifold. If your comparing them to Pacies. The pacies win hands down. However, if you start to factor price in it might be a different story. A second hand set for $100ish isn't a bad buy at all - seen a few around.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

JMM ante the best.

I got a set of street fighters and the quality of the pipe bend's are atroshes compared to the pacey's 9944

Go the pacey's, who cares if your zorst system ante all the same brand parts.

cheers.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Futura 94

QLD, Australia

After I got the full Lukey (standard cat) I didn't dyno it but got a very resonsive lower end. The bloke told me i wouldn't get any better results for a 2 1/2 as to 2 1/4" but the 2 1/4 would sound better and far as I compare, I think I was right. A mate of mine fitted a 2 1/2 with no headers and it sounded like sounded like s**t. and as for performance, it didn't go any better.

- May 1994 ED Falcon Futura sedan
- 4.0L, Auto, 3.23 LSD
- Lukey Extractors
- Lukey Exaust 2¼"
- Custom cold air intake
- Custom grill
- 320000Km. Had it for 5 years and 170 000Km without changing a head gasket. Keep you posted.

- 2003 BA Futura
- That's it for now..... lol.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Nato82 wrote:
After I got the full Lukey (standard cat) I didn't dyno it but got a very resonsive lower end. The bloke told me i wouldn't get any better results for a 2 1/2 as to 2 1/4" but the 2 1/4 would sound better and far as I compare, I think I was right. A mate of mine fitted a 2 1/2 with no headers and it sounded like sounded like s**t. and as for performance, it didn't go any better.

Probably because it's chocking on the stock exhaust manifold still.
As for 2 1/2" vs 2 1/4", even Ford/Tickford relised 2 1/2" is the way to go - that's why it's the factory size for XR6's. JMM has also done research to show it's the optim size. Likewise has Lukey. Personally I'd be putting my money with those 3 major names that your exhaust man...
Noise of the exhaust has a lot more to do with the mufflers used than the size of the pipe too.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The Pacemaker Comps are tuned extractors (the pipes are the same length). They Lukeys are not.
If you have a look at the design of the two there are major differences to. The Pacemakers are longer, they go right down to the bottom of the firewall and bolt onto the cat. The Lukeys are shorter and come with a pipe peice to give them the extra length to the cat converter. The length of the Lukeys are somewhere inbetween that of the stock exhaust manifold and the pacies.
AFAIK both the Pacies are mandrell bent. I'm not sure about the Lukeys - quiet possibly press bent, but then again there off shelf exhaust systems are mandrell so neither would suprise me.
A personal thing I noticed was the paint on the Pacies has stayed on where the Lukeys either flaked or burnt off in many areas - that might just be luck of the draw though.
The Lukeys used to be known as Walker (Lukey owns Walker now - for a while now actually) Motivators.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Lukey exhaust systems. I've yet to hear a muffler ever sound better than Lukey. I've had full Lukey exhausts on both my 302C XC ute and my 265 Hemi VJ ute (extractors and exhaust). I've been stocked with my Lukey exhaust on the EF wagon too. But there extractors for the 3.9/4.0L I6 SOHC just don't cut the mustard compared to paying the extra hundred for Pacies.
I think Lukeys are around $350ish if you shop around. I picked up my Pacies for $440.00 installed.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:27 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

You could be right. He said that he wouldn't recomend 2 1/2 on a commonwhore, but would be ok on a falcon. He went on to explain the physics behind back pressure and that due to the restriction of cat, 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 would make any diference. But i do think that sound is determained by the size of the pipe. Do you really think that a 3" on a NA import sounds good? Let alone on a Falcon?

- 4.0L, Auto, 3.23 LSD
- Lukey Extractors
- Lukey Exaust 2¼"
- Custom cold air intake
- Custom grill
- 320000Km. Had it for 5 years and 170 000Km without changing a head gasket. Keep you posted.

- 2003 BA Futura

Last edited by Nato82 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

Nato82 wrote:

These are simply baseless assumptions.

Unless you have evidence, I can't see where you are pulling that info from, your more or less guessing.

I fitted a lukey cat back to my car, I think it goes a tiny bit better, but not a great difference still, freeing up a little restriction isn't going equal no gain at all. I guess I'll find out at the dyno day this Saturday though.

And I am also just about ready to go to my mechanic and order some pacies, I kinda want ceramic coat though :) depends what thats going to cost me I guess.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Darkr wrote:
Nato82 wrote:

These are simply baseless assumptions.

Unless you have evidence, I can't see where you are pulling that info from, your more or less guessing.

I fitted a lukey cat back to my car, I think it goes a tiny bit better, but not a great difference still, freeing up a little restriction isn't going equal no gain at all. I guess I'll find out at the dyno day this Saturday though.

And I am also just about ready to go to my mechanic and order some pacies, I kinda want ceramic coat though :) depends what thats going to cost me I guess.

Thats mine oppinion against the factory system (anything would be better than factory). I can't compare against pacies or JJM though.

- 4.0L, Auto, 3.23 LSD
- Lukey Extractors
- Lukey Exaust 2¼"
- Custom cold air intake
- Custom grill

- 2003 BA Futura

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

10kw gain can mean many things, its based on the condition of the OLD exhaust.

a good way to tell power gains from exhaust is to, dyno it with the exhaust on, and off (unbolt after headers).

when i bolt my exhaust on (compared to having NO exhaust i loose 7rwkw

hightech extractors, magnaflow cat, custom 2.5" with a lukey dogleg (from mem it was dogleg) muffler.

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ok thanks for the info guys it looks like itll be the pacies just wanted some feedback on the lukey extractors because i couldnt find any on the forum when i did a search i at the the moment i got a lukey catback system and it sounds good just thought it would sound and perform better with everything being the same ....

thanx all

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon FGX XR8

NSW, Australia

got any pics of the hightech extractors and how much are they.

EL Falcon XR6, 2.5in exhaust, extractors, ported throttle body, sequential intake, CMS stage 2 head. Tickford cam!!!!!
"158 RWKW"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQSNeJmXsk (video of my XR6 on the Dyno)

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Nato82 wrote:
You could be right. He said that he wouldn't recomend 2 1/2 on a commonwhore, but would be ok on a falcon. He went on to explain the physics behind back pressure and that due to the restriction of cat, 2 1/2 and 2 1/4 would make any diference. But i do think that sound is determained by the size of the pipe. Do you really think that a 3" on a NA import sounds good? Let alone on a Falcon?

I've heard XR6 Turbos with twin 2 1/2"'s (which is larger overall than a 3") and they sounded awsome!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next