Fordmods Logo

Lukey Extractors? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I'm not planning on any other mods maybe an xr6 motor later, is $200 a fair price?

Lets get the Falcon hell outta here.......

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Go the Pacemaker 4480's, they work very well.

Attachments:
My homemade Exhaust on 88EA sedan. 005.jpg
My homemade Exhaust on 88EA sedan. 005.jpg [ 539.55 KiB | Viewed 134 times ]

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 94 Futura

NSW, Australia

Genie have a extention for there extractors I think it is $100 extra and help with the torque I have them fitted to my EF for thelast 3 years I don't have a problem with them.

In Henry I Trust

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

David Young wrote:

I can get hold of these Genie extractors for $200 they are a are a couple of years old but werent used for long. Anyone know if they would be worthwhile?

I reckon $200 is a bit exy. Considering an identical set of Lukeys can be had for under $300 brand new.

As for Lukeys - they're s**t - heaps of threads on this already...

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

look at it like this--

Lukey- cheap option. some performance gain.

genie- moderately priced for aditional performance gain over Lukey (also sound AWESOME, well mine do anyway)

Pacemakers- Higher priced for higher performance over genies (not by a heck of a lot in the performance stakes on the street really when you look at it. coupla KW... )

JMM- For all out attack. Pay higher again than the paceys but get that bit more go as well.

Do we notice a trend here? If your going for a good street driver Id pick the genies for their balance between cost, performance increase and exhaust note. They also seemed to give the EB this really eager urge at around 2300-4000 rpm. Its a great feeling when it kicks in. You get thoughts like - damn this guy is only doing the speed limit! must over take to feel that grunt, and hear that note! Ive had people think its a V8 when Im cruising at 1500 rpm. It goes from a deep throated burble at low revs to a huricane at 4500 ( the crackle when pulled down gears is V8 like). Ive had mates who had Lukeys and they were basically s**t. The Paceys are highly recomended, and a quality product, but you would go them if you were after every drop of KW ( and also the image that paceys give coz of their rep). I dont know what they would sound like though. As for the JMMs, thats the serious stuff. Just depends on what YOU want.

for comapro I paid $400 for the genies fitted almost 2 year ago now. Best shop around exhaust places if they are 250 more than the lukeys... If they have a Right Price Exhaust Centre where you live they do good work for the money.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hey isnt everyone here forgetting HM Headers im the company has built every ford performance headers since the phase 3 and phase 4 gt's to the eb gt and el gt.

I have their tri y HM102SS header fitted and its stainless steel not mild like pacemaker and they have a 10 year warranty.

I mean everyone craps on about how good pacemaker are well i havent heard them doing any oem ever i mean HM Headers only manufacture for HSV,FPV,ELPFIN,CHYSLER,WALKINSHAW PERFORMANCE.

My 10 cents worth but i sure these guys will get on and say how good pacemaker are well if thier so bloody good why dont they do oem work?

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

When i went to jim mocks factory he showed me around and showed me all these extractors that he had. Genie, wildcat, perry, HM, pacemakers. He also said that HM were the worst of the lot and said they wernt much better then they cast iron standard ones. Maybe thats why people dont talk about them here.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2