Lukey Or Hooker????? 

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Lukey Or Hooker?????
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF FAIRMONT GHIA 125kw

VIC, Australia

hi there just suming up over a hooker muffler or a lukey muffler both offsets. cheers in advance

OMG DOSE IT ULAY

Post subject: Re: Lukey Or Hooker?????
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Falcon

Power: 146 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have the stainless steel lukey straight through muffler. It is offset & 2.5 inch.
I also have a hot dog muffler which is straight through at the rear.
Nice sound & very little drown in cabin.

FORD EL 4.0L. Crow cam, T.I Performance J3 Chip, Vernier cam gear, SPR ported head, 68mm TB, AU head gasket + ARP studs, AU injectors, Pacey 4480, High flow cat, Shift kit, Stallie, 3:73 TrueTrac.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

The hooker mufflers flow really well. On the downside they are also really loud.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Magnaflow sound good and flow well and i believe the Lukey is about the same, i used a Lukey on the rear and it shut it up alot.

Wanted Either Capri/Cortina/XY/XW/XR/XT with tough V8 stroker engine, auto, 9inch, upgraded brakes etc[/SIZE][/size][/color]

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

so you guys think i should go with a lukey set up??
will im asking..this may sound abit stupid but are pacemaker comp extractors (4480)worth the extra over the 4499's..both non ceramic coated

OMG DOSE IT ULAY

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Falcon

Power: 146 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have got the 4480 ceramic coated & YES it's worth it. :D
The 4480 have been tested & flowed & are a proven power gain. :wink:

FORD EL 4.0L. Crow cam, T.I Performance J3 Chip, Vernier cam gear, SPR ported head, 68mm TB, AU head gasket + ARP studs, AU injectors, Pacey 4480, High flow cat, Shift kit, Stallie, 3:73 TrueTrac.

Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

IamSteve wrote:
so you guys think i should go with a lukey set up??
will im asking..this may sound abit stupid but are pacemaker comp extractors (4480)worth the extra over the 4499's..both non ceramic coated

talking to the local motorsport boys here they are under the believe from there results that tuned length extractors work better at higher revs, while untuned extractors work better at lower revs...

Hence why I own untuned extractors... Either paceys would be better than the stock manifold though...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

F U C K can people who have no idea about header design stop posting bull s**t!

There are countless good threads on this site about the difference between 4480's and 4499's...one in particular had lots of good SPECIFIC information about header design (something about 'headers for low down torque', I think micky started it).

And NO, having a 'tuned' or 'untuned' length system doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be better in a higher or lower rev range just because off the shelf systems tend to lean this way.

If you are specifically after info about the pacemakers the 4499's are better downlow, but the 4480's will outperform everywhere else in the rev range. If you happen to get old 4480's with 38mm primaries than I would be surprised if the 4499's outperformed it at all.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Only posting what I hear from around town... If you have anymore mathematical proof on flow characteristics relating to length, radius, vacuum and pressure than what I have then I am more than happy to believe you... But it appears to me you have about as much proof as what I have... Which is word of mouth and you personal opinion...

Unless this other thread covers all mathematical aspects of making one set of extractors better than another... I'll happily read it and change my tune...

skidder wrote:
F U C K can people who have no idea about header design stop posting bull s**t!

I didn't realise pacemaker employed you to design their extractors and you knew absolutely every possible detail about extractor design?

Please provide proof what you say is 100% correct... Seeing as you know about header design an all... :roll:

Calm down... Only offering an opinion... Unlike you I don't admit you knowing everything about header design...

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Hang on a minute...

skidder wrote:
If you are specifically after info about the pacemakers the 4499's are better downlow, but the 4480's will outperform everywhere else in the rev range.

timmytimtim wrote:
tuned length extractors work better at higher revs, while untuned extractors work better at lower revs...

I think you just agreed with me...

But, I thought I didn't know anything about extractors?

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

timmytimtim wrote:
Hang on a minute...

skidder wrote:
If you are specifically after info about the pacemakers the 4499's are better downlow, but the 4480's will outperform everywhere else in the rev range.

timmytimtim wrote:
tuned length extractors work better at higher revs, while untuned extractors work better at lower revs...

I think you just agreed with me...

But, I thought I didn't know anything about extractors?

You are posted something some motorsport guys said that is incorrect about extractors being better for higher revs because they are tuned length.

In the case of (if you look in the quote above I said specifically for) the pacemakers the 4480's (which are classified by pacemaker as tuned length) they are better at high revs than the 4499. This does not mean 'tuned' length headers will perform better at any revs than another design that isn't 'tuned' length or vice versa. There is a lot more to header design than purely whether it is 'tuned' length.

There is no point in me posting anything regarding the maths behind the design of headers as you aren't going to understand it if you don't know the theory behind it (plus I get paid for that). Sorry about the agro nature of the previous post but it just s**t me to see things covered again that have been covered and then incorrect answers given.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

just a bit o've off-topic, hookers you can screw anyday, lukey is just gay

BANNED USER

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I'm happy to learn about it... And I've never seen a post on here before that covers how extractors are designed...

Of course there is much more to extractors than whether its tuned or not...

You have the factors of how many primaries into the secondaries... You have the diameter of the pipe, which relates to my brief experience in aeronautical engineering (bigger pipe, same pressure, less air speed)...

The maths equations for working out whats right and whats wrong would be many pages in length...

But then you have to weigh up the price difference for the performance gain as well... 4499's (ebay prices) are around the 450 dollar mark and i think I saw the 4480's were like 550 bucks a couple of times (non ceramic coated)... So is the hundred dollar worth the performance gain that tuned length extractors give (plus whatever benifits they have like being tri-Y and pipe sizing differences)? For the 100 bucks your not gonna see like an extra 10rwkw over the 4499's? Surely not?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ok guys thanks for the help so far..i have learnt alot so far.. so im thinking of getting pacey 4480 and a hooker aero muffler and a rear res in a 2 1/2 system with a 200 cpi cat sound good?

OMG DOSE IT ULAY

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:45 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

EDITED BY TROYMAN..
comments like that are un called for!!!

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily