Fordmods Logo

lumpy idle when warm 

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

you guys with the Hunting idle when warm should check the MAP sensor, My eb was doing the same thing i had checked everything else changed the MAP and it was a little better. Check the vacume line going to it and it had rubbed through so hence not getting any vacume at idle so the MAP is telling the computer the engine is at throttle so giving the car more fuel. its ok when cold because the idle speed control (isc) is open to give the car more revs to warm it up so the air fuel ratio is closer to being correct. This only fixed the car temporarely because it had run so rich for to long and fkd the motor.

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL sedan gli

QLD, Australia

FLASH wrote:
you guys with the Hunting idle when warm should check the MAP sensor, My eb was doing the same thing i had checked everything else changed the MAP and it was a little better. Check the vacume line going to it and it had rubbed through so hence not getting any vacume at idle so the MAP is telling the computer the engine is at throttle so giving the car more fuel. its ok when cold because the idle speed control (isc) is open to give the car more revs to warm it up so the air fuel ratio is closer to being correct. This only fixed the car temporarely because it had run so rich for to long and fkd the motor.

MAP sensor was replaced 2 months ago, will check it was done properly

Stock EL Gli Sedan, Tickford 98 EL/AU Hybrid Swapped in after aux shaft failure due to a lazy mechanic who can't service cars and aftermarket distributor-of-death-made-in-china crap.
Soon to be: The FalcMont - Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=120773

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
joolz wrote:
I have the exact same problem and all of the above suggestions dont work. Im putting it down to a sticky fuel reg as it appears to be fuel related and its about the only thing that hasnt been changed!

Ive changed fuel filter, injectors, plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor button, iat and oxy sensor, fuel pump (old one failed) Tried different isc, map sensor, tps and have put in a better ecu. Its not a vacuum leak on the intake nor is the cat blocked.

did you clean the TB?

That was the first thing i did as it cost nothing to do. Im still leaning towards an either blocked or sticking fuel reg. I will change it when i get a chance. The injectors are just a tap that opens and closes and the amount of fuel flow depends on the pressure (hence the fuel reg) Will keep you guys posted when i change it. Will be p****d if thats all it was all along !

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
joolz wrote:
I have the exact same problem and all of the above suggestions dont work. Im putting it down to a sticky fuel reg as it appears to be fuel related and its about the only thing that hasnt been changed!

Ive changed fuel filter, injectors, plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor button, iat and oxy sensor, fuel pump (old one failed) Tried different isc, map sensor, tps and have put in a better ecu. Its not a vacuum leak on the intake nor is the cat blocked.

did you clean the TB?

That was the first thing i did as it cost nothing to do. Im still leaning towards an either blocked or sticking fuel reg. I will change it when i get a chance. The injectors are just a tap that opens and closes and the amount of fuel flow depends on the pressure (hence the fuel reg) Will keep you guys posted when i change it. Will be p****d if thats all it was all along !

got my new isc from fga today (pimp the sponcers) and its idling at the propper speeds now. still has the hesitation first thing in the morning. thinking it could be an injector leaking to the cylinder or something overnight. but i think i may be very wrong

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

ford went back on their word and wanted to charge me $120 just to look at it!!!!!

i'm really p****d about it and i let the service manager know.

so i guess i gotta deal with it until i have some $$$ (good luck, i'm an apprentice chef with a 14month old.)

i't now almost stalling most times when i pull into carparks and fighting the brakes like no tomorrow.

i know it's an 'old' car but.....
NOT HAPPY FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a total letdown, everyone tells me theyre great cars... i got a lemon.

Stock EL Gli Sedan, Tickford 98 EL/AU Hybrid Swapped in after aux shaft failure due to a lazy mechanic who can't service cars and aftermarket distributor-of-death-made-in-china crap.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
fiftyone wrote:
joolz wrote:

did you clean the TB?

If its doing it from a cold start replace the IAT sensor on the throttle body. I bet its covered in oil.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

it does it when warm, i will check the iat sensor this afternoon though

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

got my service manual. looked at all the sensors related to fuel and intake, all appeared to be good. still same problem

took it for a service at Mid Coast Ford for a service. they told me they fixed it but wouldnt tell me how.

trade secret i guess. i assume they hooked it up to a computer.

any ideas??? they didnt charge me for any parts so i guess it was in the tuning.

i may go and pester the service manager for more info but i doubt he'll give anything away.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

caseyaberhart wrote:

took it for a service at Mid Coast Ford for a service. they told me they fixed it but wouldnt tell me how.

trade secret i guess. i assume they hooked it up to a computer.

they sound dodge..... should be in the invoice what they did or you shouldnt pay for it.

And by the way, there is no 'tune' for eseries computers, unless your running plug-in chip

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

wasnt on the invoice so i wanna know what they did so i can help other ppl on the forum, should i threaten them with action involving the MTA? lol

i really want to know how they did it.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

how much did they charge?

maybe it was a simple thing like a vacuum hose unplugged, but wouldnt justify the price they charged so they wont tell you what it was :wink:

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

$129 for service including oil and plugs i told em bout my problem and they said they had fixed it. vac hose sounds likely. oh and they forgot to remove the spanner icon from the dash so i had to do it

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: FALCON EB TURBO, EL XR6

NSW, Australia

how did you remove the spanner icon?

FALCAHOLIC

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED
DESTROY ALL EVIDENCE THAT YOU EVEN TRIED

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:43 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

FLASH wrote:
how did you remove the spanner icon?

to remove it turn the key to "on" and hold the trip button down for 9-11 seconds depending on wheather u drive an au1 or ef/el and it should beep and disapear. i cant remember which one is which. if after that long it doesn't go away try again and release it after that time to reset it. hope that helps

the search engine is your friend.

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:55 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

ok false alarm its still doing it.......

i'm gonna put it down to faulty fuel regulator for now, source one, replace it, and post back here.

thats after i move to bundy on the 5th, so i'll see if it breaks down on the drive there... 12hrs straight. a test for my dear falcon!!!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3