Fordmods Logo

magnetic sump plug.. 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:21 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

i dont think its a huge problem as engines last quite a long time without these magnets.
but i change my oil every 5000 km aswell and at 5000 its just starting to go dark.

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

To be honest, I think cold starting does allot more damage than metal filings (since we all change at 5000km anyway)

I am more interested in this pressurized oil canister that is controlled so that it fills up from a t piece in your oil sender when the engine runs. Later when your motor is cold and no oil, you turn the key on, and this pressurized canister pumps the oil back under pressure into the galleries before your engine in ever turning.. so no starting wear. That would make a huge diff to an engines longevity..

They are made and sold in the US though.. and not that cheap either. (about 400 AUD I think)

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

frankieh wrote:
To be honest, I think cold starting does allot more damage than metal filings (since we all change at 5000km anyway)

I am more interested in this pressurized oil canister that is controlled so that it fills up from a t piece in your oil sender when the engine runs. Later when your motor is cold and no oil, you turn the key on, and this pressurized canister pumps the oil back under pressure into the galleries before your engine in ever turning.. so no starting wear. That would make a huge diff to an engines longevity..

They are made and sold in the US though.. and not that cheap either. (about 400 AUD I think)

i thought they were for when u lose oil pressure so u have time to kill the engine before it dies

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

well not the ones I've looked at.. They are called pre-lubers..

http://www.autoenginelube.com/

I remember thinking about an electric pump in the oil filter when I was a teenager.. this is better...

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 am 
Smokin em up

TAS, Australia

moroso does one, it made to cover slight pressure drop when cornering etc. , if you put a 12v soliniod valve to close in the pressure when you turn off the key, it would then push out the moment you turn the key on pressurise then engine before you even turn it over

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... toview=sku

NC2 Fairlane AU2 Intech 4.0 Wolf V500 ECU Accel 500cc Injectors Eaton M90 Blower MPx Porting 75mm Mustang TB Intercooler Holley 255lph EL XR6 Rear End 3.45 LSD Duel Fuel lots more.
Long and Very Nice

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

yeah, it might work, but I doubt it would be as effective..
I've heard people talking about the autolube, and apparently after it engages, you can watch your oil pressure guage going up to normal with the engine turned off... so you have pressurized oil forced into all the bearing journals before they are even moving.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3