Fordmods Logo

Max lift for stock au springs 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Max lift for stock au springs
Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

what is the maximum valve lift stock au springs can take.Im looking at a stage 2 or 3 crow depending on wether the stock ecu and springs can handle it.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:57 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

about 560 - 570 thou. being conical they will move better then the e series springs. but your going to have to double check. how long do you plan to run the standard springs?

I have a car.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I never thought how long i would run the stock springs for.I was told my au head had done 130000.I dont want to go over 500 thou in cam size. Thanks for the reply :D

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

560-570 what??? where r you going?? on stock valve springs!!! have a look at the maximum lift from Crows cams and the lift there cams have,

you would not use a performance cam being watever on any standard old valve springs its just stupidity. max lift is closer 470-480 lift

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AU 6

VIC, Australia

and in regards to the au adapting with crow cams ive been there and done that there time wasters, NONE OF THEIR CAMS WORK ON THE FACTORY COMPUTER(ECU), THE CAR JUST GOES BEZZERK LIKE MINE. Reason is the Au its super sensitive to any change in Vacuum in the motor and E.cu tries to compensate this by pumping in a s**t load of fuel and the car running and idling like an absolute pig.

Simple fix get a cam then straight for a flash tune. No other way with Au, Talk to Joe from crescent he believes his Au cams will just run on factory tune same as jim mock these guys are the only company i know to do this. keeping in mind a aftermarket tune will always yield better results,

Just making you aware of my mistakes, as 2k went down the drain thanks to Crow cams and my car isnt any quicker than it was from factory.

Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Its an ef not au.The head is au and ecu is stock ef.I am running the ef rocker gear when i get the crow cam so i wont have any probs.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:02 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I have seen 600 thou on stock au springs,

I have a car.

Posted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

Joesau wrote:
and in regards to the au adapting with crow cams ive been there and done that there time wasters, NONE OF THEIR CAMS WORK ON THE FACTORY COMPUTER(ECU), THE CAR JUST GOES BEZZERK LIKE MINE. Reason is the Au its super sensitive to any change in Vacuum in the motor and E.cu tries to compensate this by pumping in a s**t load of fuel and the car running and idling like an absolute pig.

Simple fix get a cam then straight for a flash tune. No other way with Au, Talk to Joe from crescent he believes his Au cams will just run on factory tune same as jim mock these guys are the only company i know to do this. keeping in mind a aftermarket tune will always yield better results,

Just making you aware of my mistakes, as 2k went down the drain thanks to Crow cams and my car isnt any quicker than it was from factory.

How about if its an AU motor with a AU cam in a EL sedan with a EL manual computer.??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]