Fordmods Logo

missing at idle 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

had the same prob changed everything took it to the mechanics couldnt find it, bought a set or reco injectors and went, had done 209,000 so id give that a look at

Previous cars

1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

saw an old thead here, a guys temp gauge was fine. showed everything correct however had s**t power and idle quality

when ever he pushed on the connector to the temp sensor, idle probs went away. replaced the connector and that was the end of it???

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB2

VIC, Australia

been struggling with an EF for months now changed everything exept knock sensor but also noticed it never builds up any water pressure and the temp is allways low .it idles like a tractor good if you want a massage at the lights.any ideas.

Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fiftyone wrote:
saw an old thead here, a guys temp gauge was fine. showed everything correct however had s**t power and idle quality

when ever he pushed on the connector to the temp sensor, idle probs went away. replaced the connector and that was the end of it???

Might be me your talking about, but the idle was fine, and ran great at WOT, but had a bad miss at certain revs at part throttle. I found the temp sensor connector, when you lightly nudged it the thermos would come on and smoke would bellow out the exhaust and the idle was erratic.

Problem resurfaced a few times, but has run perfect ever since i replaced the crank angle sensor and balancer???

Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

OH MY GAWD. And there I was hoping for a nice easy fix for my idling and cutting out issues.

I, personally, think my issues come from a half blown up head gasket or warped head...

But I was hoping for it to be caused by the leads.

EF of the 300,000km variety. EEC-V. Idles okay but sounds like it may stall if idling in gear. OCCASIONALLY it starts cutting out when sitting on a normal rev-range or lightly on the throttle. Usually goes away for a period if I floor it (at which time a bellow of smoke appears from exhuast before wheels start chewing at tarmac and car launches off quite nicely - other than the "you're motors phucked mate" exhuast cloud left behind...!)

Also have a slight oil leak and water leak! OH MY GAWD, isn't this one sounding awkard... :!: )

The oil is getting out around the front of the rocker cover, so not too much issues... The water - Well, to tell you the truth, it only dribbles out when I stop the engine and I cannot find where it's coming from. Is up near the firewall somewhere - seems to work its way down and drip off the front of the gearbox sump....

Whatever. Yet another long-winded cry for help from someone who loves their car but doesn't have enough money!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2