Fordmods Logo

Mods for a Ba Fairmont Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Mods for a Ba Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Fairmont Ghia '03

NSW, Australia

I own a BA Fairmont ghia 4-speed auto im looking to do more mods to it but im also going for a sleeper look as well ive already got a full Xforce 2.5" exhaust and a SS Inductions Growler, im going to be putting pacemakers on soon as well to replace the Xforce extractors, ive got plans to get the cams done, a j3 chip and a 20% underdrive pulley kit.
i was going to get a shift kit as well but i have been told they can hurt your gear box and with a newer car its not needed like the EA-EL models.
Turbo is out of it because im still on my p's at the moment. :(

I will be getting it tuned when i have done everything i can/want done.
I intend on putting it on the strip as well to see how well it will go

if i have missed anything that you think will be worth doing please tell me i am open to anything but im not interested in ssl springs or anything i kinda like the grandpa look, plus it keeps the coppas away

Thanks. Ryan

Post subject: Re: Mods for a Ba Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Here she is

Attachments:
428660_2992796432052_117992015_n.jpg
428660_2992796432052_117992015_n.jpg [ 123.52 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nice car matey but, you HAVE missed a VERY important thing. You are intent on making it faster and more powerful why not do a REAL smart thing?
First, make sure ALL of the steering and suspension bits are up to standard and then, GET BIGGER BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tell ALL young people the SAME darn thing. You want to make it faster, you want more NOISE, you want MORE AUDIO power and you want to add external bling but RARELY do any of you want to make the car SAFE!! YOU have to drive this and, unless you have a DEATH wish, I am sure you would like to be able to go home with the car after you have been on the strip and greet your Mum and Dad?

Don't take all of this the wrong way matey but, I just try to make you young blokes see there are other important things as well. :D
I hope that you have hours of fun with your car and have safe driving time with it. :wink:

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Yeh man now where your coming from ive already got bigger breaks on the front dad got me them when i first got the car should have said i had them, there drilled and slotted all the good stuff, id love a full brembo setup but dont have the dosh for that not that much all in one hit anyways.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

What I meant is, the LARGER diameter brakes front and rear. You can get the FG or Territory brakes front and rear for the beast. The fronts are 322mm and the rear are 328mm. I just fitted a set of same to my AUIII XR6 and TROYMAN just fitted same to his AU Ghia. :)

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:01 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

okay nice might have to look into that may be the next thing i do 8-)
how much did it set you back ? :D

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:24 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

BAFairmontGhia wrote:
I own a BA Fairmont ghia 4-speed auto im looking to do more mods to it but im also going for a sleeper look as well ive already got a full Xforce 2.5" exhaust and a SS Inductions Growler, im going to be putting pacemakers on soon as well to replace the Xforce extractors, ive got plans to get the cams done, a j3 chip and a 20% underdrive pulley kit.
i was going to get a shift kit as well but i have been told they can hurt your gear box and with a newer car its not needed like the EA-EL models.
Turbo is out of it because im still on my p's at the moment. :(

I will be getting it tuned when i have done everything i can/want done.
I intend on putting it on the strip as well to see how well it will go

if i have missed anything that you think will be worth doing please tell me i am open to anything but im not interested in ssl springs or anything i kinda like the grandpa look, plus it keeps the coppas away

Thanks. Ryan

First of all, do some more research into your car. There is plenty of information around on the BA/BF and your lack of knowlege of these models is showing.

B and F series do not use a J3 chip, the PCM iteslf is flash tuned. You don't need to fit a shift kit fopr the auto as the shift points and line pressures can be set through the PCM.

Get yourself an Xcal3 from SCT or one of their distributors and get your self a good tuner.

Also a George said, it would be a good idea if you can to upgrade the brakes to larger diameter setup. At least you are using slotted discs. Also braided lines can be a big assistance as well.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

that why im here man i wanna know what is best for my car, the j3 chip is what i have read is for my car i will read into it more :D
thanks for your help man

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Well wherever you read that you need a J3 Chip for your car, it is totaly wrong. There is nowhere to pluin the J3 with the Barra PCM. Xcal3 is what you need. You are looking at between $750.00 and $800.00 for a new unit. Then you need to have it tuned.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

My advise, Papa and SWC are the boys in the know. They have been around the oval a few times and know there s**t. You want sound knowledge and advise, listen to the boys and you will not be disappointed.
I suppose at their age, Papa and SWC should know what they are talking about. Hell you combine their ages and your around the time the car was invented.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

yeh i have seen a bf xr6 being tuned and i saw the xcal3 there so im gunna go with that

and yeh man you can tell they know what they are talking about just by the way they tell you :)

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

My baby!

She needs a few things, radiator bottle, pacemakers would pritty the motor up as well pealing paint is ew, few minor interior flaws will be fixed :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]