Fordmods Logo

MODS to I6 Falcons summarised from forums, these right? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BA XT Faclon

QLD, Australia

Twr7c?! Man fu%K?! That was heaps.

I reckon his like some big scary bikey dude that like bashes people at pubs, but at night you can find him walking though the shadows to leave clothes at the orphans! Big Friendly Giant (seeing as you ripped on me earlier, then got some damn useful info - specially the Hi-cat flow man, boring the flanges instead of buying a new. They coulda raped me at the mech's for buying a new one! hahah).

Cheers.
I gonna print this out and stop drinking to get the cash together faster.

The plan is i wanna save to have all the $$$ up front, then maybe do what that other bloke did with his BA but didnt seem to get past the air intake; install section by section (intake - ehxaust etc) and post dyno sheets on here. give a bit back to ford mods.
Cept realisticalyy its gonna be a few months away and things can happen, so i wont talk about it further or i'll just sound like im talking it up with no action.

:P cheers heaps guys

100% BEEF NO ADDED RICE
---------------------------------
Twin Snorkel CAI, K+N Filter, Stocko-the-rest (pending more income!)

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

Your best bet with a BA is do the exhaust and intake, then go for a custom edit setup. Get them to set it up for your particular car and individual wants rather then an off the shelf tune.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

FNP thanx bro; but what is a custom edit? im guessing i got to a good performance store here in Queensland and basically say Cam's and Head Work please? and theyll set me up a package and give me a price?

(off the shelf tune you mean, if i were to tell them, do this and use this?)

Also whats 'fish' instead of 'chip' mean? (haha fish and chips) but seriously....

100% BEEF NO ADDED RICE

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

he ment flash not fish

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

try and do as many mods as possiable before you get the flash tune done, save a bit of money that way, couse otherwise you'll be forking out more for a retune every time you do another mod.
now you have a lot of info provided, if you do some further reading and some searching on google and that of what different companies are offering you should get a lot more.

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanx again heaps T. And yeh man. it is a lot of info. and i your right i have learnt alot from google etc as a result, like the flash tuner or 'edit' i learnt from Jaysen at RPD is , as you said, the best bet, certainly over Chips for BA's (he mentioned they are having a lot of success with BA's and edits).

So cheers.

Also after learning bout the filters, i searched around heard about RPD (indepth for the first time). So i got their info and gave them a call. Im just gonna copy and past this, ive posted it over a few places to give them a plug cause Jaysen at RPD did awesome, impressive considering it was only a $130 product :oops: , and REPCO are S#%$

-------->
Just bought a KN filter for my BA I6.

Repco Queensland - $161 from the store.
************* JAYS RPD (FORDMODS SPONSER) *************** ------------> duh duh da daaaaa = $130 POSTED FROM NSW

IN CONCLUSION %$#@$# REPCO
AND
Good On Ya Sonya Too RPD
(who by the way, got in touch with pricing information and payment details within a day, even after hours. sick as)

100% BEEF NO ADDED RICE

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

alright mate don't want to burst your bubble but you are not getting that done for cheap.

best price i've had for extractors, 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust on a BA is $1200.

the airbox is a good idea and defo the panel filter which you said you have. the polished TB etc i'm not sure about as i am not a strong believer in it's benefits...at tafe we were taught you need a rough surface to get the air turbulant and also it moves quicker if you have a rough surface creating a thin layer of air that is not moving, that is a far better surface for moving air to go past that a smooth inner TB.

Nizpro are the only people that do cams for the BA that i know of so far and it's $1500 for the pair in parts only, plus you need new valve springs which are a few hundred more.

to get it ported and polished i'd think your looknig at about $1500 again unless you get mates rates or cheap jobs.

the flash tuner your looking at $1000 supply with generic tunes or about $300 for it to be tuned specifically to your car.

if it's a street driven car i'd go a 3.45 LSD diff straight out of an XR6.

that's just my thoughts and they are great mods to do as i plan on doing most of them myself. don't be disheartened but thats around $7000 there.

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Cheers Rhys; this page is getting better and better i reckon.

At least for the BA drivers, it seems the thread is getting more specifc every day which is awesome (no flak to the AU and before, but hey, BA's are awesome and there just aint enough people with em yet).

So thats the tunes youll be getting done? s**t....those cams man ouuuch. Twin cams hey mate.....goddamnit better be worth it hahah :P imagine it will be --> Yeh Jaysen at RPD was adament that the tuners on BA's have really hit the spot - i duno if thats because they have better potential or new technology - didnt go into depth - but that was his suggestion. He mention the cam technology just was readily availiable and a little bit unknow?.

You mention the 2 1/4 inch stocko exhaust already on the cars ---> i think Twr7 also said that before, and reckons get you cat chopped and flanges widened? no need to get a new cat?

The XR6 LSD that you mentioned? are these parts availiable at ford? Is it possible to order a XR6 LSD from spare parts or do you hit the wreckers? (ill be shocked if theres that many XR6 wrecks around.....hmm might be a good idea to look into the older XR6 LSD's? or is that what you mean?).

Same type of question ---> GT body kits, to take the BA's ugly front mount off and make its a*** end look a bit sexier with those boxier corner panels---> order them from ford parts? (i'll be even more supprised if wreckers are even see thoses for a few years yet! hehe).

7g's man....................s**t.

100% BEEF NO ADDED RICE

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Falcon

WA, Australia

well the LSD's would be WAY over priced at ford so you will have to go look at wreckers. unsurprisingly there are LOTS around as when the XR6T came out lots of young idiots bought them and wrote them off by showing off or just not being experienced enough.

the GT bodykit yu can't buy from ford unless you have a FPV vin number plus it's about $2000 alone for the front bar if i remember correctly and they are still getting high prices second hand. your best bet would be to get an aftermarket fibreglass kit made up, www.awcinfo.com have done great work and are very helpful.

the cat you can just get new flanges to fit a 2 1/2" pipe and it flows quite well already so don't worry about aftermarket ones.

the twin cams are what i believe makes the BA engine so great. once there has been more R&D there will be more cams on the market and i know JMM are testing currently so hold back on those if you want to save some money there should be more around soon.

don't worry about the price at the moment mate just go step by step. it is more satisfying when you eventually complete it :D

Rhyso

BA XT, typhoon intake, K&N filter, XR 17" wheels, red/black brakes, Ford scuff plates

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2